Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 03:08 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,837,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

Another one just came to me. Someone who talks loudly. Like when I'm out at a restaurant or something like that, I don't like our conversations to be loud enough for others to hear. I want my privacy, and I don't want to annoy others. Every time my SO and I go out, there is always, ALWAYS, at least one person seated near us who you can hear yakking the entire time (and usually nonstop, but that's a different subject).
+1

Yes. Someone who always talks loudly is either oblivious to other people and their needs, or wants to be the center of attention. Neither one is appealing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2021, 03:20 PM

19,400 posts, read 15,227,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
+1

Yes. Someone who always talks loudly is either oblivious to other people and their needs, or wants to be the center of attention. Neither one is appealing.
It always makes me wonder what the other person is thinking. Sometimes you can only hear the loud talker and never even hear the other person at all the entire time they're there. You just hear this one-sided conversation. It's a little bizarre.

Old 05-19-2021, 03:45 PM

20,366 posts, read 14,640,743 times
I wonder if loud talkers have partial hearing loss?

I'm pretty sure I've damaged my ears from going to so many loud concerts, and I recall the last time I went to one, the next morning I was in the kitchen making coffee and my husband came to talk to me and I apparently shouted whatever response, loud enough that he flinched. I honestly did not realize my voice was raised at all, my ears were still just kind of ringing from the previous night's abuse.

It isn't usually a problem. Yet. I have a feeling that I will regret not doing more to protect my hearing, one day, though.

Old 05-19-2021, 03:57 PM

19,400 posts, read 15,227,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
There must be quite a few of them out there, then, because it never fails. lol

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I've damaged my ears from going to so many loud concerts, and I recall the last time I went to one, the next morning I was in the kitchen making coffee and my husband came to talk to me and I apparently shouted whatever response, loud enough that he flinched. I honestly did not realize my voice was raised at all, my ears were still just kind of ringing from the previous night's abuse.

It isn't usually a problem. Yet. I have a feeling that I will regret not doing more to protect my hearing, one day, though.
When I used to hear about people wearing ear plugs to concerts, I would wonder what's the point of going, then? I can see it more now. I've gone to a lot of loud concerts, too, but as far as I know, I'm okay. I do know that many sounds and noises seem loud to me when others don't seem to notice them. Maybe that's the source of my problem with loud talkers, although Mr. Sea is always bothered by them, too. We've posted before about it enough times.

Old 05-19-2021, 05:53 PM

17,213 posts, read 57,052,961 times
Quote:

Certainly among recreational shooters of a certain age before proper hearing protection was even available, yeah, it's quite common. And people of a certain age who have just lost some hearing acuity from whatever, loud cars/bikes, loud airplanes, playing in bands, hearing bands up close, just playing music too loud.

Take care of what hearing you have left!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships