Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 09:49 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times

Advertisements

Seems like some of the thing people are listing are more like red flags than petty.

Okay the OP said "petty" so here goes:

1. A guy who can't cook. Anything, not even scrambled eggs and doesn't even use the BBQ grill. I picture me being in a relationship with this guy where I have to do all the cooking and I'm over that now. :-)

2. A know it all

3. A bad dresser and no exposed toes on first date unless we're at the beach

4. Using the "F" word on a first date or using it way too much afterwards.

5. Someone who is rude to people who have jobs that he feels are beneath him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2021, 09:53 AM

2,978 posts, read 1,647,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
It's bad enough when a teenage girl speaks "Valley Girl", it's excruciating when a male (of any age) speaks that way.
My question to Chowhound was what did he find in my post that needed a detailed explanation because it wasn't "PC"?

Old 05-17-2021, 10:47 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
My question to Chowhound was what did he find in my post that needed a detailed explanation because it wasn't "PC"?
Never mind, it wasn't as un-PC as I thought it was. No biggie, I was just joking around anyway.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:16 AM

2,978 posts, read 1,647,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Never mind, it wasn't as un-PC as I thought it was. No biggie, I was just joking around anyway.
Whew! I was trembling at the thought of that 500 word reply

Old 05-17-2021, 11:40 AM

724 posts, read 403,997 times
I have to say, not sure if this falls under the category of being petty or not, but after this pandemic......I will not date any woman who refuses to get vaccinated for COVID. Along with that, if they are "anti-mask" or they think COVID is a hoax, I will not date them.

This may be considered petty, but I know that we will have philosophical differences and we will not work out.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Whew! I was trembling at the thought of that 500 word reply
LOL.

I'm losing my patience for all of the woke crap. I have no problems with being respectful and polite to all people regardless of race, creed, sexuality, the whole bit. What I have a problem with is all of the nonsensical virtue signaling and moral preening that goes along with all of it.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:41 AM

724 posts, read 403,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I don't care for my own voice very much, but it's no accent or affectation, it's just the tonal quality of it. Of course, I guess we all hate our voices when we hear them recorded... But I can only liken mine to somewhere between the actress who played Darlene (the brunette daughter) on the show, Roseanne, and the singer, Cher (speaking...I do not sing.) The one thing that I suppose is alright about it, is that it works really well with sarcasm, snark, dry and self-deprecating humor.

But there are various kinds of male voices I like, and not all are extremely low (although some are)...I like a bit of a burr, a growl or rasp, to a man's voice sometimes. Like a Tom Waits kind of situation. In some cases the NJ/NY accent works, in others it's just annoying. A man I mentioned in the thread about touching, the guy who gave boundary pushing hugs, is a little older man of Jewish descent from NY or NJ (can't recall which for sure) and his voice is one reason I actually find him appealing. It's not extremely deep, but it's soft and has a rough little burr to it, like a flannel shirt. His voice is like a flannel shirt, I can't explain that. But it's nice. And of course, any accent of the UK or Australia is hugely appealing to me, but I think that's a LOT of women.
Yah.....this is a universal thing, lol. It's a psychological phenomenon where just about everyone cringes when they hear their own voice. I think it's because when we speak, our voice sounds different to us then how it comes out (and sounds to other people). So it is a huge shock whenever we hear it.

Old 05-17-2021, 12:15 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Petty? Maybe. But, a big no to guys who wear basketball jerseys and tank tops as everyday attire, and ball caps backward.

Old 05-17-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
Petty? Maybe. But, a big no to guys who wear basketball jerseys and tank tops as everyday attire, and ball caps backward.

That's a good "petty" example. if you are past college age that attire looks a little douchy. My opinion only, people can dress however they want.

Old 05-17-2021, 01:16 PM

242 posts, read 251,479 times
I once did not a date girl that was very attractive, educated and fun because she had the same name and looked a lot like my ex that I messed up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships