Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 11:14 PM

6,988 posts, read 4,007,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyyounng33 View Post
So my girlfriend always seems to want to go out to clubs for really young people when she’s out with a friend. Seems super weird that a woman in her 30s wants to party with people in thier 20s?
Oh, please.

I'm 47 and my own social circle includes people in their 20's all the way up to senior age. My closest friend will be turning 81 this Sunday. Absolutely nothing "weird" about it. Interacting with a large age spread and the life experiences that come with such a diverse group of people makes EVERYBODY more well-rounded individuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2022, 11:28 PM

6,988 posts, read 4,007,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Playing devil's advocate here for a moment........I wonder if OP was a woman saying that her boyfriend who was in his 30s was going out to nightclubs on weekends, I bet many of these responses would be FAR different.
Nope, my response would be the same. I'm personally at the point in my life where. I'm 47, this is who I am, this is what I do, and if you're a guy and interested, 1st thing you need to do is get used to the fact that I'm not changing any of my ish for you.

During non-COVID times I am a member of a huge contra dance circle, which means I'm paired up with numerous male dance partners, some of whom I've known for 15-20+ years. Any guy who wants to go out with me better get used to the fact that I'm not giving that world up, and if he has a jealous or possessive bone in his body, well, that's not going to fly, either.

Matter of fact, I've seen a number of guys I dance with give up the dancing scene when they get into a relationship with a woman who isn't into it. A couple of them have never come back.

Old 01-19-2022, 06:24 AM

6,591 posts, read 8,480,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyyounng33 View Post
So my girlfriend always seems to want to go out to clubs for really young people when she’s out with a friend. Seems super weird that a woman in her 30s wants to party with people in thier 20s?
Some women love going out dancing with their girlfriends on girl’s nights out. While it’s not something I enjoy, I don’t think it’s weird.

Old 01-19-2022, 07:15 AM

29,803 posts, read 34,621,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
Not necessarily. Women often go to clubs to dance and hope that men will leave them alone. My friends and I would go so far as to go to a gay nightclub just to avoid men approaching us.
Yep, exactly. Women will go out dancing just to go out dancing. They're not looking for men at all. Men tend to go to a nightclub, specifically, to try to hook up.

Old 01-19-2022, 10:10 AM

37,646 posts, read 61,735,816 times
She hit the big 30, and had a mini-midlife crisis. As a result she wants to grab onto her fleeting youth.

I get it. I am in my 60s.

Just wait, soon she will hear the sound of her biological clock running out. Then her subconscious will drive her to have a baby.

Old 01-19-2022, 03:19 PM

1,483 posts, read 692,501 times
I've said it before and I'll say it again - age is ONLY a number.

If you feel young, you ARE young. If you feel old, well... you know the rest.

I know where I'm at and I'm good with it - and I don't give a single solitary damn what is printed on my birth certificate.

Old 01-19-2022, 03:46 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,554,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yep, exactly. Women will go out dancing just to go out dancing. They're not looking for men at all. Men tend to go to a nightclub, specifically, to try to hook up.

Basically the OP is worried about a woman behaving like a man.

Old 01-19-2022, 03:50 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,554,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yes very weird. Clubs are for teens/early 20's, not 30's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
She hit the big 30, and had a mini-midlife crisis. As a result she wants to grab onto her fleeting youth.

I get it. I am in my 60s.

Just wait, soon she will hear the sound of her biological clock running out. Then her subconscious will drive her to have a baby.

So out of touch, both of you. Goodness.

Old 01-19-2022, 06:51 PM

7,009 posts, read 5,018,034 times
Quote:
So out of touch, both of you. Goodness.
No kidding.

Old 01-19-2022, 09:54 PM

18,262 posts, read 9,551,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Women will go out dancing just to go out dancing. They're not looking for men at all. Men tend to go to a nightclub, specifically, to try to hook up.
Quote:
Basically the OP is worried about a woman behaving like a man.

^

Many/most women going to clubs are there for the same reason as the men.

And the OP should be worried. His girlfriend is likely shopping for someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships