Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 04:09 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,415,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
One year I was camped up at a rodeo and started hanging out with an attractive young lady who was camped with some friends of mine. We always camped with horses at this event and did a lot of riding; one night we rode from her camp to mine where we tied the horses to a trailer and walked over to the campfire. After a while she asked if I thought we should check on the horses. Being young and naive, I pointed out that we could see that the horses were just fine from right where we were sitting. When I look back on that moment with another half a lifetime's experience under my belt I realize that she was subtly inviting me to walk over to the shadows for a makeout session.

I have a feeling it's kind of like that.

When I was at college I was friends with a dude a few years older.(27) in my apartment complex..I was about 22-23. He was an older student. There was also a woman about 30 or so in the complex and she would hang out with us along with this jazz musician . She started stretching , and I just thought, well ,she is stretching. Later on he told me that they were intimate. He said the stretching was for him. Hmm well there is a lot more going on that I pick up on then....

Thing is a I was pretty handy in the kitchen, so I was often recruited to make some stuff for those that were socially organized enough to have party, This time included a deep dish pizza with hand made dough. I think I even made one of those funky ones and experimented with an Alfredo sauce. This was a year later. One girl pitched in to help with the dishes and casually mentioned there were not enough men around. Then later on she was stretching around me after the event wound down. . It was not until years later I put the two together to realize that she was probably trying to get my attention.

Not sure what I would have done had I put all the hints together then. I wanted nothing even remotely complicated , and not a hookup guy.

but uh sometimes I think girls need to ring the bell a few times . We don't really expect it coming..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2022, 04:35 PM

6,485 posts, read 4,024,182 times
The two of you are on a date and you want to know if her buying you a drink means anything?? If she wasn't into you, you wouldn't be on a date, nor a second one. Not sure what meaning you're trying to read in the other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
One reason is asked is because I once had a girl tell me she pays for the date if she isnt into a guy.
Funny. I don't go on a date if I'm not into a guy. But that might be too much logic for some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent.in.ny View Post
But for a woman to pay the whole bill for the first meet is indeed a bit unique. Or she tried to secure a second date? Split the bill would be okay, or he pays for both.
Why? We don't know-- maybe she asked OP out, in which case, why wouldn't she pay? Maybe she makes more money. Maybe she prefers to pay to avoid awkward situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
When I was at college I was friends with a dude a few years older.(27) in my apartment complex..I was about 22-23. He was an older student. There was also a woman about 30 or so in the complex and she would hang out with us along with this jazz musician . She started stretching , and I just thought, well ,she is stretching. Later on he told me that they were intimate. He said the stretching was for him. Hmm well there is a lot more going on that I pick up on then....

Thing is a I was pretty handy in the kitchen, so I was often recruited to make some stuff for those that were socially organized enough to have party, This time included a deep dish pizza with hand made dough. I think I even made one of those funky ones and experimented with an Alfredo sauce. This was a year later. One girl pitched in to help with the dishes and casually mentioned there were not enough men around. Then later on she was stretching around me after the event wound down. . It was not until years later I put the two together to realize that she was probably trying to get my attention.

Not sure what I would have done had I put all the hints together then. I wanted nothing even remotely complicated , and not a hookup guy.

but uh sometimes I think girls need to ring the bell a few times . We don't really expect it coming..
That's just odd. Stretching? Have I been missing something all my life, that attracting a man involves proving to him that you can reach up over your head? I assume instead we're talking about some kind of weird "oh hey let me just randomly throw out a downward dog right in front ofyou with my rear end in your face and my boobs falling out of my top" thing or something?

What was their "pretext" for suddenly pulling out a yoga routine in a non-gym environment without seeing... odd?

(I'm also a bit weirded out by your two friends in the first paragraph. Like, whatever gets them off, but... wow, trotting out their own personal sexual thing in front of someone else? Awkward turtle.)

Old 02-16-2022, 05:09 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,966,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
She wanted you to offer to walk her to HER car but when you zoned out she had to take matters into her own hands. Try to be more aware next time or she might come to believe you are a) uninterested b) scared or c) dense.
Good point. I think she just beat me to asking or it just slipped my mind.

Old 02-16-2022, 05:11 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,935,310 times
Have you tried to kiss her yet?

Old 02-16-2022, 05:12 PM

18,741 posts, read 33,468,225 times
Sounds like a "go" for OP! Good that he drove her to her car and that she was comfortable getting into his car (safety wise).

Old 02-16-2022, 05:21 PM

1,483 posts, read 688,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I wasn't joking, lol
Color me stunned.

Old 02-16-2022, 05:52 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,415,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post

That's just odd. Stretching? Have I been missing something all my life, that attracting a man involves proving to him that you can reach up over your head? I assume instead we're talking about some kind of weird "oh hey let me just randomly throw out a downward dog right in front ofyou with my rear end in your face and my boobs falling out of my top" thing or something?

Don't know really. Think she was doing toe touches or something . I was not getting spread eagle yoga positions or anything. However based on her remarks and her helping out, its pretty obvious to me now.

Might have gotten a lot more from the two girls banging on my window one night when I guess I had my short off playing a Tandy Radio Shack chess game and they saw me through the window. But like I said, boy scout, not into drunken sex. I was in a Christian group after all at that time so....At least I did not miss that one.

Quote:

What was their "pretext" for suddenly pulling out a yoga routine in a non-gym environment without seeing... odd?
Nope just time to stretch. Women I think will consciously or subconsciously they reveal something to a target audience is what I have gathered over the years. Its a display.....

Quote:

(I'm also a bit weirded out by your two friends in the first paragraph. Like, whatever gets them off, but... wow, trotting out their own personal sexual thing in front of someone else? Awkward turtle.)
As far as the first paragraph he was on the upper floor and had a nice window to chill out for the evening. So we were talking for a few hours etc. Again she just casually in the room was stretching I guess passing it off as "that while I am here I may as well do my stretches" . It was not obviously sexual to me which is part of the point. My more worldly wise friend told me what it was, postprandial so to speak.

Old 02-16-2022, 07:13 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,788,650 times
Quote:
Good point. I think she just beat me to asking or it just slipped my mind.
C then. Do you really want to be with a woman, or do you just think this is something you're supposed to do? You've always seemed sort of ambivalent.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:42 PM

299 posts, read 226,928 times
Quote:
I do like her and gave her a ride to her car and paid on the second date.
As a single woman I always paid for any drinks on the first date. It was 100% for my own safety, knew too many girls that had scary situations were the guys and bartenders are in it together. I also wanted to establish that I wasn't going to owe anyone anything in return after the date.

The car check was to make sure the guy actually has his own car lol. I've gone on a couple first dates with guys and they'll have a car, but eventually (usually after the second date) it'll come out it was his parents or friends and now you have to drive for now on. I've also had friends that will car check to get the license plate and car details "just in case".

You can never be too safe I say

Old 02-16-2022, 08:57 PM

1,407 posts, read 932,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post

You learn something new every day. It was 20+ years into marriage when I learned about the cheese thing:

This would have been extremely useful for me in college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships