Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2022, 09:44 PM

686 posts, read 303,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Sounds like a "go" for OP! Good that he drove her to her car and that she was comfortable getting into his car (safety wise).

How else should she have gotten to her car than you driving her there? You must also have driven her there, coffee house or restaurant, etc...did you forget that you did? The whole thing is weird, maybe she wanted to drive home with you, how much did she drink?

Last edited by Rent.in.ny; 02-16-2022 at 09:55 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 05:58 AM

4,422 posts, read 2,974,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent.in.ny View Post
How else should she have gotten to her car than you driving her there? You must also have driven her there, coffee house or restaurant, etc...did you forget that you did? The whole thing is weird, maybe she wanted to drive home with you, how much did she drink?
Ummm. She could have walked to her car like everyone does.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:07 AM

9,493 posts, read 8,481,491 times
She wanted to see what kind of car you drive. Is it an old beat up Saturn or a new-ish, clean Ford F150? Sometimes what people drive says a lot about them.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Oh, the car was that close, she wanted to spend more time with you.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:38 AM

24,575 posts, read 18,407,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent.in.ny View Post
But for a woman to pay the whole bill for the first meet is indeed a bit unique. Or she tried to secure a second date? Split the bill would be okay, or he pays for both.
You don’t know their relative incomes. She may have gleaned from the first date conversation that she out-earns him. She’s been working a white collar professional job for a few years and he just launched after grad school.

Or it’s just her thing to not have any obligations after a first date by always picking up the tab.

Old 02-17-2022, 11:39 AM

4,422 posts, read 2,974,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
You don’t know their relative incomes. She may have gleaned from the first date conversation that she out-earns him. She’s been working a white collar professional job for a few years and he just launched after grad school.

Or it’s just her thing to not have any obligations after a first date by always picking up the tab.
We both have similar incomes and aren’t hurting for money. She has asked me about my job 3 times and asked how many sq feet my house was. And I think she inherited a decent amount of money

Last edited by Berteau; 02-17-2022 at 12:07 PM..

Old 02-17-2022, 12:09 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,099,314 times
Quote:
I had a second date with a girl. First date she paid for our drinks without asking. Second date she wanted to walk me to my car. Both of these things have never happened to me before. Does this mean anything? She apparently wants to go out again, so I guess it’s good or she’s just really nice?
I'm assuming you are male. If so, that's a little forward on her part. She should have let you pay for the first date. However, that's not that big of a deal. Offering to walk you to your car may have been a sign she wanted to walk "with you" because she likes you.

If she asks YOU out again, she really likes you, but it would be nice (if you really like her) for you to ask HER out next and take care of the bill. If she insists on paying the bill, she's not normal ha.

Old 02-17-2022, 12:16 PM

1,483 posts, read 690,033 times
Quote:
We both have similar incomes and aren’t hurting for money. She has asked me about my job 3 times and asked how many sq feet my house was. And I think she inherited a decent amount of money
Frankly, I do not like the sound of that at all... matter of fact, I think I would walk after that.

People who 'have money' need to be careful. I should know.

Old 02-17-2022, 02:07 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,810,457 times
Quote:
Did your mother never tell you to always walk your date to her car? It's a safety thing and also a gentleman thing. I'm thinking you don't really like this girl that much, or you don't really care about her well-being.

This reminds me of the poster whose husband didn't try to save her when she was choking because he was watching TV and didn't want to be interrupted. Also the story Amy Schumer tells about her first date with her husband when she tripped and fell down and he just stared at her. It didn't occur to him to help her up.

Old 02-17-2022, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
I'm assuming you are male. If so, that's a little forward on her part. She should have let you pay for the first date. However, that's not that big of a deal. Offering to walk you to your car may have been a sign she wanted to walk "with you" because she likes you.

If she asks YOU out again, she really likes you, but it would be nice (if you really like her) for you to ask HER out next and take care of the bill. If she insists on paying the bill, she's not normal ha.

^^^ I agree......"not normal" or she wants to buy him if she pays for the second date too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships