Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 03:48 PM

4,415 posts, read 2,937,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Did your mother never tell you to always walk your date to her car? It's a safety thing and also a gentleman thing. I'm thinking you don't really like this girl that much, or you don't really care about her well-being.

This reminds me of the poster whose husband didn't try to save her when she was choking because he was watching TV and didn't want to be interrupted. Also the story Amy Schumer tells about her first date with her husband when she tripped and fell down and he just stared at her. It didn't occur to him to help her up.
You need to ready the post history. She offered before I had a chance. I knew someone would take that comment out of context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 03:52 PM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
She wanted to see what kind of car you drive. Is it an old beat up Saturn or a new-ish, clean Ford F150? Sometimes what people drive says a lot about them.
That was my thought. Women have done that several times with me.
There are "married" cars and "single" cars. "Organized people" cars and "dingbat" cars.

Old 02-17-2022, 04:38 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
You need to ready the post history. She offered before I had a chance. I knew someone would take that comment out of context.
You said:

Quote:
Good point. I think she just beat me to asking or it just slipped my mind.
Which is it? You still should have said you would walk her, instead of agreeing. You should never have put her in the position of having to either get into a relative stranger's car or walk alone to her car. You were not a gentleman. Or else you don't really consider others.

Old 02-17-2022, 04:41 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Quote:
Did your mother never tell you to always walk your date to her car? It's a safety thing and also a gentleman thing. I'm thinking you don't really like this girl that much, or you don't really care about her well-being.

This reminds me of the poster whose husband didn't try to save her when she was choking because he was watching TV and didn't want to be interrupted. Also the story Amy Schumer tells about her first date with her husband when she tripped and fell down and he just stared at her. It didn't occur to him to help her up.
Good grief.

In my experience, most women don’t want to be walked to their car by their date FOR safety reasons.

And BRW that Amy Schumer story is a very poor argument point since dude ended up still being her husband so clearly she wasn’t that bothered by it.

Old 02-17-2022, 05:32 PM

Quote:
You said:

Which is it? You still should have said you would walk her, instead of agreeing. You should never have put her in the position of having to either get into a relative stranger's car or walk alone to her car. You were not a gentleman. Or else you don't really consider others.
So now you finally decided to read my posts. Or she could have wait for it…asked me to walk her to her car. She wasn’t put into any position. Women walk to their cars alone everyday of the week, and many would consider it sexist to assume she needed a man to walk her to her car.

We’ve got another date planned anyways, so looks like she disagrees with your opinion that you formed after finally reading the post history.

Last edited by Berteau; 02-17-2022 at 05:53 PM..

Old 02-17-2022, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
That was my thought. Women have done that several times with me.
There are "married" cars and "single" cars. "Organized people" cars and "dingbat" cars.
How did you know that was their intentions?

Old 02-17-2022, 07:18 PM

17,677 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
I had a second date with a girl. First date she paid for our drinks without asking. Second date she wanted to walk me to my car. Both of these things have never happened to me before. Does this mean anything? She apparently wants to go out again, so I guess it’s good or she’s just really nice?

Yes, it's good. Don't overthink it. She likes you.

Old 02-18-2022, 03:52 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
I had a second date with a girl. First date she paid for our drinks without asking. Second date she wanted to walk me to my car. Both of these things have never happened to me before. Does this mean anything? She apparently wants to go out again, so I guess it’s good or she’s just really nice?
I have paid on first dates for 2 reasons:

1 - If I realize that I don't like the guy, there's no drama.

2 - If I realize that I do like the guy, there's no assumptions.

Also, walking you to your car?

It means she's courteous. I have done the same...

...when I liked the guy.

Edit:

Aaaand then this...

Quote:
We both have similar incomes and aren’t hurting for money. She has asked me about my job 3 times and asked how many sq feet my house was. And I think she inherited a decent amount of money
Asking about your job, no big deal. Sometimes people have no idea what to talk about.

But asking about the square footage of your house?

I'm going to have to say that's a red flag, and maybe she wasn't walking you to your car out of courtesy because she liked you, but walking to your car to see what kind of car you drive, and then doing the math: job + sq footage of house + car = gold digger.

Maybe the buying of things on the first date was to throw you off the scent.

I can't imagine ever asking a guy about the square footage of his house. That's very specific, and there's only 1 reason for someone to ask that.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 02-18-2022 at 04:00 AM..

Old 02-18-2022, 04:28 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,033,417 times
Quote:
One reason is asked is because I once had a girl tell me she pays for the date if she isnt into a guy.
This is very unusual, so I'm not sure why you'd even go for this as this applying to the new girl. If a woman doesn't like a guy, she typically insists on paying her own way...if anything.

Old 02-18-2022, 05:26 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Good grief.

In my experience, most women don’t want to be walked to their car by their date FOR safety reasons.

And BRW that Amy Schumer story is a very poor argument point since dude ended up still being her husband so clearly she wasn’t that bothered by it.
Most women feel unsafe at the end of the date? If it happens a lot, they should probably do their screening a little better.

I took the story about Amy Schumer’s husband to be one of how a guy who’s on the spectrum behaves. He is. We all take away different things from reading an opinion.

Sometimes a certain type of man finds that women paying for the date, or walking them to their car is confusing because they’ve identified women as always looking for a free meal when they agree to a date. Acting helpless, yet wanting equal rights. So now all of a sudden the guy finds out accepting a drink or walk to your car isn’t one of the tricks evil wimmenz play, we have just accepted graciously because you offered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships