Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 02:38 PM

29,786 posts, read 34,581,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
What are you actually accusing her of?
Or, what did you want to happen, here? Are you upset that she's not upset or ashamed or embarrassed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2022, 02:39 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,105,838 times
Plot twist: the picture is actually him in a bra

Old 08-23-2022, 03:20 PM

6,970 posts, read 4,989,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmill12 View Post
Thanks for all your input; I didn't expect to get so many, but that's all good. Obviously, most of you say I'm overreacting to the pic. I assume this won't make any difference, but I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate to include in my original post. But, I was concerned about the fact that the particular bra she was wearing was one that is what I would call "lace", and her nipples are visible (a little bit) through the fabric. I'm not sure how clear this was in the pic, but I did mention this to my wife, who replied that it is normal for a lady's nipples to "peek through" a lace bra like that. I don't know if I'm right or wrong to feel that way about that fact, but I for whatever reason decided not to mention that fact originally.
You are still wrong. Get over yourself. Honestly, I think maybe you need to seek therapy.

Old 08-23-2022, 03:25 PM

5,762 posts, read 3,256,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmill12 View Post
Thanks for all your input; I didn't expect to get so many, but that's all good. Obviously, most of you say I'm overreacting to the pic. I assume this won't make any difference, but I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate to include in my original post. But, I was concerned about the fact that the particular bra she was wearing was one that is what I would call "lace", and her nipples are visible (a little bit) through the fabric. I'm not sure how clear this was in the pic, but I did mention this to my wife, who replied that it is normal for a lady's nipples to "peek through" a lace bra like that. I don't know if I'm right or wrong to feel that way about that fact, but I for whatever reason decided not to mention that fact originally.
I know you know her nipples could 'peek through' even if she was covered in a turtleneck, right?

Old 08-23-2022, 03:26 PM

45,594 posts, read 61,013,469 times
Since we haven't seen the picture I don't think it even happened.

Old 08-23-2022, 05:12 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,127,175 times
I was surprised that the OP is so young and feels that way. I suppose the OP’s reaction would be better understood if he was of the Amish sect or something.

I mention age, because I wouldn’t have been surprised if he was an older person. Decades ago, bra commercials showed the bra on a mannequin. Some time later, they were on the model, but the model wore a turtleneck UNDER the bra, so you couldn’t see skin, but you could see the bra. And when I was in high school, a person would be downright embarrassed if ANY part of his/her underwear showed.

And now people walk around showing their underwear in public as if everyone else wants to see it.

Old 08-23-2022, 05:22 PM

102,336 posts, read 108,561,117 times
OP, there's one thing you need to realize. Sure, it's a potentially embarrassing moment. But it was not much different from being photo'd in a bathing suit top. So the thing to do in a potentially embarrassing situation, with people kidding around about it, is to just laugh it off and not get freaked out. I'm talking about your wife. That really is the only way to handle it and survive emotionally intact.

It would have been worse if she'd turned bright red, or told whoever had the photo on their phone to put it away. That only would have drawn more attention to the situation, and caused everyone to feel awkward. Your wife finessed it as well as can be expected, and people probably came away from it thinking she was a good sport. Of course everyone knew it was awkward for her, but she handled it well.

Have some sympathy for her, and some appreciation for her ability to roll with a moment of minor embarrassment. It's not like she was flashing anyone.

Old 08-24-2022, 09:23 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,629,611 times
This kind of reminded me of something that happened a few years ago. Step son in law was in the military and often had a bunch of his Army buddies and wives/girlfriends over for beer pong and partying on weekends. We were always invited and my son and daughter in law came a few times. They had an above ground pool about 100-125 feet behind the house. No lights around the pool. One summer night, while nobody else was around, my daughter in law stripped down to bra and panties and jumped in the pool to cool off. It was just her and my son down there (in their late 20s) and he just about had a coronary. She got out, got dressed, and stormed back up the hill to where everybody else was. Everybody could tell she was mad. My son finally explained what happened and apologized. Everybody just laughed and told her to go jump in again and for him to strip down to his Fruit of the Looms and join him. He settled down a little after that.

Old 08-24-2022, 09:27 AM

29,786 posts, read 34,581,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, there's one thing you need to realize. Sure, it's a potentially embarrassing moment. But it was not much different from being photo'd in a bathing suit top. So the thing to do in a potentially embarrassing situation, with people kidding around about it, is to just laugh it off and not get freaked out. I'm talking about your wife. That really is the only way to handle it and survive emotionally intact.

It would have been worse if she'd turned bright red, or told whoever had the photo on their phone to put it away. That only would have drawn more attention to the situation, and caused everyone to feel awkward. Your wife finessed it as well as can be expected, and people probably came away from it thinking she was a good sport. Of course everyone knew it was awkward for her, but she handled it well.

Have some sympathy for her, and some appreciation for her ability to roll with a moment of minor embarrassment. It's not like she was flashing anyone.
We don't know that she was really embarrassed, though. A lot of people who grew up doing sports or theater or dance are used to changing in dressing rooms and locker rooms, and having other people get a glimpse of them in a bra is no big whoop. (With the caveat that we know nothing about the OP's wife and her background)

Old 08-24-2022, 11:46 AM

88,897 posts, read 85,409,710 times
OP, if this is the biggest issue in your life right now, be grateful, laugh it off, and enjoy life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships