Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 01:03 PM

8,690 posts, read 3,879,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmill12 View Post
I'm new to the forum, so thanks for having me. My question is about a matter that has caused some tension between me (29) and my wife (26).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmill12 View Post
She said she was covered, so it was no big deal. My question is: Am I overreacting here? Would you guys just laugh it off if it was your wife or girlfriend?
Yeah, your overreaction is a bit volatile/hysterical, particularly if you are new to the forum as a twenty-something in order to post this question. If you were to think about it more reasonably, what’s actually the problem?

In other words, keep it in perspective; don’t fret over an accident. It’s not as if she went topless at Montalivet or Filaki Beach without you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2022, 02:11 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,585,525 times
No you're not overreacting, it's the end of the world, call the air force! Pre-emptive nuclear strike required.

Old 08-24-2022, 02:28 PM

6,455 posts, read 9,824,194 times
Is it really any worse than a bikini? If OP were my friend I would have teased him for over reacting for sure in this case.

Old 08-24-2022, 03:28 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,747,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Is it really any worse than a bikini? If OP were my friend I would have teased him for over reacting for sure in this case.
If I was OP's wife I would have left with you.

Old 08-24-2022, 04:48 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,934,109 times
Meh. I've seen your wife in her bra and it was no big deal.

Old 08-24-2022, 05:33 PM

102,226 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
We don't know that she was really embarrassed, though. A lot of people who grew up doing sports or theater or dance are used to changing in dressing rooms and locker rooms, and having other people get a glimpse of them in a bra is no big whoop. (With the caveat that we know nothing about the OP's wife and her background)
I know. I didn't say she was embarrassed, but the OP kind of comes across like he thinks she should have been, if she were a decent person, or his idea of a "good girl". I was saying, it would have been worse if she'd reacted in some way. Whether she was secretly embarrassed or not, she handled it well. Maybe she wasn't embarrassed at all, and that's why it was easy for her to go with the flow. (Your point, I think.)

In any case, the OP needs to relax. Seems like he's the one who was embarrassed, or miffed that other guys got to see a photo of his wife like that.

Old 08-24-2022, 06:44 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,234,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I know. I didn't say she was embarrassed, but the OP kind of comes across like he thinks she should have been, if she were a decent person, or his idea of a "good girl". I was saying, it would have been worse if she'd reacted in some way. Whether she was secretly embarrassed or not, she handled it well. Maybe she wasn't embarrassed at all, and that's why it was easy for her to go with the flow. (Your point, I think.)

In any case, the OP needs to relax. Seems like he's the one who was embarrassed, or miffed that other guys got to see a photo of his wife like that.

Embarrassment is a useless and negative emotion. And it's especially silly to be embarrassed on somebody else's behalf. It's best to eliminate the feeling if you can.

Old 08-24-2022, 07:10 PM

10,503 posts, read 7,050,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I know you know her nipples could 'peek through' even if she was covered in a turtleneck, right?

I guess he could invest in black electrical tape like Wendy O Williams (I'll take Obscure Culture References for $800, Alex).

Old 08-25-2022, 02:05 PM

5,209 posts, read 4,675,356 times
Nothing less than an eye for an eye outcome would do. Demand all the other wives present send you pictures of themselves in underwear.

Old 08-25-2022, 02:16 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,234,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Nothing less than an eye for an eye outcome would do. Demand all the other wives present send you pictures of themselves in underwear.

What about the men? Where's the equality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships