Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2022, 10:34 AM

32,759 posts, read 48,460,461 times

Advertisements

Is it not possible to go on a 10 day vacation and refrain from having sex with the available sex workers? Can you not go for 10 days being faithful to your new partner?

How about: Yes. Love to be exclusive with you. Don't think I am ghosting you, I have a 10 day trip that has been in planning for a year, so I don't want to cancel it. If I can get wifi, I'll text or email every day.

Now the question. Are you wealthy enough to buy her a ticket and take her with you? If so, at least offer if you don't feel it is too early in the relationship.

I can not honestly think of any party location where there is not plenty of family friendly stuff to do in addition to the drinking and carousing.... except maybe that small island in Greece where all the homosexuals go to party, and if that is where you are going, I think that it is time to tell your girlfriend that you are gay. She should be informed of that, if that is how you plan to use your vacation time..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 10:34 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,146,108 times
Come on. Tell her you're going on vacation and look forward to seeing her when you return. Go and have fun. Seriously. If a new relationship can't "survive" a vacation then its over before it even starts.

Old 11-20-2022, 10:44 AM

196 posts, read 221,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Is it not possible to go on a 10 day vacation and refrain from having sex with the available sex workers? Can you not go for 10 days being faithful to your new partner?
The sex worker comment is uncalled for. I lived abroad most all of late 2020-2021.

Last edited by Gray Rider; 11-20-2022 at 11:08 AM..

Old 11-20-2022, 10:47 AM

29,544 posts, read 22,866,684 times
From the sounds of it, looks like the OP planned a "sex tourist" type of vacation. Probably a destination somewhere in Latin America or other similar destinations known for as such.

Why else would he be mulling over whether nor not to cancel this trip? If it was just a plain 'vanilla' vacation to somewhere that is not known of these kinds of activities, I'm pretty sure the OP would have no issues with telling her that it was planned from before, etc. etc. He could easily video chat with her from the location.

Looks like the OP wants to have his cake and eat it as well. Be exclusive with someone, yet still wants to dabble in some fun.

The only question the OP needs to ask himself is this. How would he feel if he told a lady he was dating, that he wanted to be exclusive with her, and then she later tells him that she'll be going on a trip to a place where people party and do all sorts of things? Or even hides it as best she could?

Whether he would be okay with that is his answer on what he should do.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
From the sounds of it, looks like the OP planned a "sex tourist" type of vacation
I have stated twice, that is not the case. Thanks.

I think I will reschedule and offer an invite next time instead.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:15 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,169,198 times
BY FAR, the most important question is...

In what way can you book a vacation and cancel the week before and get fully refunded for everything?

Of course, I don't expect an answer to that.

I guess some hotels are 48 hours. Refundable plane tickets are pricey.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
BY FAR, the most important question is...

In what way can you book a vacation and cancel the week before and get fully refunded for everything?

Of course, I don't expect an answer to that.
Fully refundable airbnb plus airfare credit + no change fee (which I will use regardless)

It seems I certainly got the answer to my question on optics.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:22 AM

11,097 posts, read 7,033,060 times
Even if you're going to see old friends and there will be a lot of partying, and you're not into the XXX scene, then why aren't you taking her? She could meet your friends and you could enjoy the scene.

This is a dilemma because I'd rather see you invest in the new relationship with a different trip. You can always go on that trip next year. Old friends will always be around, but it's your call not mine or ours.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:22 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,146,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post

I guess some hotels are 48 hours. Refundable plane tickets are pricey.
I mostly fly SW and they are all totally refundable up until the moment of the flight using points.

Old 11-20-2022, 11:24 AM

29,788 posts, read 34,590,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Even if you're going to see old friends and there will be a lot of partying, and you're not into the XXX scene, then why aren't you taking her? She could meet your friends and you could enjoy the scene.

This is a dilemma because I'd rather see you invest in the new relationship with a different trip. You can always go on that trip next year. Old friends will always be around, but it's your call not mine or ours.
He has a 10 day trip planned from before he even met this women. I'm really shocked that so many people are advising him to cancel standing plans for someone he's known for five minutes, even if he likes her a lot. If she can't accept that he's got a life outside of their baby relationship, that's a red flag already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships