Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2022, 08:57 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,282,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You are the one who is accusing the OP of being deceptive about the trip, when it is very debatable whether she had any right to the information in the first place.
Your logic is warped. Not having a "right" to know something is not the same as being ok with being lied to. Poetic justice would be him telling her about the trip and her responding by saying it's ok, she needs the time to buy Christmas presents for her two toddlers (that she never mentioned because he didn't have a "right" to know about them yet).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2022, 09:18 AM

195 posts, read 219,912 times
Quote:
I vote strongly to proceed with the vacation. Be completely transparent with her about it and she should be understanding if she is a decent person to date.
This is my plan

Old 11-21-2022, 09:58 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,824,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Your logic is warped. Not having a "right" to know something is not the same as being ok with being lied to. Poetic justice would be him telling her about the trip and her responding by saying it's ok, she needs the time to buy Christmas presents for her two toddlers (that she never mentioned because he didn't have a "right" to know about them yet).
Your comparison is totally asinine. After the trip, it’s in the past and should not cause an issue. Two kids ain’t going away and will always have an impact on the relationship.

Old 11-21-2022, 10:04 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,067,254 times
Quote:
Your comparison is totally asinine. After the trip, it’s in the past and should not cause an issue. Two kids ain’t going away and will always have an impact on the relationship.
I agree, bad comparison, but if I didn't ask if they've had children, I can't blame someone or hold it against them if I just met them and they hadn't mentioned it.

Old 11-21-2022, 10:13 AM

3,001 posts, read 1,678,484 times
When my husband and I had been an "official" couple for about two weeks he had to go on a pre-scheduled trip for a week. (Not a vacation, a working trip)

The separation was agony for both of us but our reunion more than made up for it when he got back. We still talk about it.

I think you've made the right decision, tell her you want to be exclusive, tell her about the trip, go.

Hopefully your reunion when you get back will more than make up for the separation.

Old 11-21-2022, 10:13 AM

11,090 posts, read 6,968,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Come on. Tell her you're going on vacation and look forward to seeing her when you return. Go and have fun. Seriously. If a new relationship can't "survive" a vacation then its over before it even starts.
This. Be open and honest. Regretful if you feel the need. The fact that OP has any feelings about this means he cares about the woman, and that's a good sign. But really, this discussion boils down to the above quote.

Old 11-21-2022, 10:19 AM

2,162 posts, read 1,081,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rider View Post
A lady Ive been seeing for a month mentioned she was open to exclusivity yesterday. I would enjoy that as well.

I have a 10 day international leisure/WFH trip planned this week. The destination is known for partying so I didnt mention it to her.

Will this burn the bridge with this person? I can cancel without incurring loss now.
You do not have any obligation to cancel your trip at all, but you are in an exclusive relationship now so just be faithful and you're good. have fun!

Old 11-21-2022, 10:25 AM

88,767 posts, read 85,156,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Start this relationship off on the RIGHT foot and be honest and tell her.
Yes. Being honest is best for you.

Old 11-21-2022, 10:29 AM

4,045 posts, read 2,722,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
He has a 10 day trip planned from before he even met this women. I'm really shocked that so many people are advising him to cancel standing plans for someone he's known for five minutes, even if he likes her a lot. If she can't accept that he's got a life outside of their baby relationship, that's a red flag already.
Agree with this!

Old 11-21-2022, 10:57 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,282,565 times
Quote:
Doubt and distrust can linger around for as long as kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships