Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 12:29 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,666,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
In this woman’s defense, if I was going out on a first date with a guy I didn’t know, I would drive myself to the second location as well. I would worry about getting stranded there if I let him drive, and also would hesitate to get into a car at night with a relative stranger.
I don't believe anyone have a problem with that part of the story, and I can understand that as well. It's just the taking off and going home part, and leaving the guy hanging like that without even saying anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2023, 12:42 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,043,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I don't believe anyone have a problem with that part of the story, and I can understand that as well. It's just the taking off and going home part, and leaving the guy hanging like that without even saying anything.
Which begs the question of why he wants to give her another chance.

Old 03-19-2023, 12:52 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,666,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post

Exactly.

Old 03-19-2023, 02:14 PM

899 posts, read 672,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So this is the part that sticks out to me. She could have texted him once they left the first place to say she wasn't going to make it to the piano bar, but she didn't and that shows a lack of respect for the OP. I'm not buying that she was that drunk after two drinks and two hours. To me, she doesn't sound that into the OP, she also sounds flakey. This is not the type of person I would want to go out with again, I'd say maybe give her a second chance if she had offered to make up to him but she didn't so OP, I'd move on.
I wouldn't think two drinks over two hours would produce that effect, either. Another possibility is that she was drinking before the date. Or perhaps she had taken some medicine and experienced a drug interaction with the alcohol. But I think it's most likely just a lame excuse.

Old 03-19-2023, 02:29 PM

639 posts, read 380,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post

I have no idea why he thinks she wants one!

Old 03-20-2023, 07:31 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterOneal View Post
Okay...

So I went on a first date with a girl last night. We went to dinner. The atmosphere was great, food was great, our conversation was great, we talked and laughed for 2 hours straight.

So once we were done, we decided to drive separately to a piano bar so that we could talk more. We would've rode together but she did want to leaver her car. Her car was recently broken into (she drives a Kia which are highly desired by thieves). Anyway, I arrive at the piano bar 20 minutes later. I sit there thinking she would arrive a few minutes after me. Fifteen minutes goes by and I attempt to call her...no answer. So I send a text saying "I'm here"...

She then texts me "I had a great night. Thank you. ☺️"...which confuses me so I respond "Huh? Are we not meeting at the piano bar? Did I say or do something wrong?"....no response at all and I basically got stood up on the second half of the date.

So I awaken to this message from her...

"Sh*t, sorry about last night. You didn't do anything wrong. I was a little tipsy and got confused. Then once I got home I immediately passed out."

She had two alcoholic drinks and I had a Sprite so I get it, but I don't know about this. I did really enjoy her though. Should I give her another chance?
That's a bs answer, and you know it. I don't deal with liars, so that's my 2 cents.

Old 03-20-2023, 08:21 AM

2,108 posts, read 1,050,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterOneal View Post
Okay...

So I went on a first date with a girl last night. We went to dinner. The atmosphere was great, food was great, our conversation was great, we talked and laughed for 2 hours straight.

So once we were done, we decided to drive separately to a piano bar so that we could talk more. We would've rode together but she did want to leaver her car. Her car was recently broken into (she drives a Kia which are highly desired by thieves). Anyway, I arrive at the piano bar 20 minutes later. I sit there thinking she would arrive a few minutes after me. Fifteen minutes goes by and I attempt to call her...no answer. So I send a text saying "I'm here"...

She then texts me "I had a great night. Thank you. ☺️"...which confuses me so I respond "Huh? Are we not meeting at the piano bar? Did I say or do something wrong?"....no response at all and I basically got stood up on the second half of the date.

So I awaken to this message from her...

"Sh*t, sorry about last night. You didn't do anything wrong. I was a little tipsy and got confused. Then once I got home I immediately passed out."

She had two alcoholic drinks and I had a Sprite so I get it, but I don't know about this. I did really enjoy her though. Should I give her another chance?
If you're interested you will do whatever you can to be with that person. In my opinion, she was not interested at all and stood you up. It's almost as if she was hoping to be with someone else and it didn't work out, thus the text. Some people can't be alone and if they can't have the one they want, they will settle for whoever. That certainy may not be the case, but I've seen this a hundred times on FB and dating sites.

Old 03-20-2023, 08:38 AM

6,354 posts, read 2,903,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The OP's lack of response makes me think that this lady did not offer to go on another date with him. If that's the case his question should be "should I try to ask her out again."

I don't see her as being flakey in this instance. After all she did go out on a date with him and spent two hours talking it up.

Which leads to my other important question, who was the one that came up with the idea to go to a piano bar? I suspect it was the OP, and this gives even more credence to him being way more into her than vice versa. The fact that she wanted to take separate cars makes perfect sense now, and it was her out of this date that went on too long.

Of course she didn't return three calls, she was never going to that bar.

As far as her way of dealing with this, it is what it is.
I know. It's pretty obvious that she just bailed on him. I can't believe the OP didn't realize that.

Old 03-20-2023, 11:08 AM

215 posts, read 127,710 times
I think it was hard to realize for the OP because she seemed to be having so much fun AND agreed to meet him. That would throw anyone…like, what just happened?

I agree that she intentionally did not show up. She either hooked up with a guy that she’s been wanting or she had a need to fill and got with her fwb.

Regardless, she was rude and unreliable. Find someone better to think about. Good luck!

Old 03-20-2023, 11:19 AM

32,663 posts, read 48,091,772 times
I'm going to look at this from the other side.

If I went to dinner with a man I never met before and knew nothing about and I had a nice time, but a couple of drinks were making me feel mellow and he says lets go to another bar and get more alcohol, I'd be seeing some red flags. Maybe he didn't control his hands or his leer because he thought they were getting along just fine. If he was nothing but polite I'd still be alarmed that his idea of a first date would be to get me good and drunk and there is only one reason I know of for a man to get a strange woman drunk.

Every piano bar I know is located in one of the large upscale hotels. No thanks, no drinks at a hotel for me on the first date.

Of course, you never know what a strange man will do when thwarted, so a polite promise to meet him and then run.

Or maybe she saw a strange man who had two or three drinks at dinner and was craving more alcohol. Alcoholics are a big "NO!" for me and maybe for her.

She doesn't owe him an explanation but he was persistent so she gave him an excuse, perhaps hoping he would be satisfied and go away.

At any rate, no matter which it was. She is rude or she was worried about your intentions, she isn't going to be for you. Move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships