Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2023, 06:11 AM

867 posts, read 457,337 times

Advertisements

Yeah well l suppose that is also a def' opposite possibility.
let us know how it pans out op.
ps , but in saying that l also just later saw your last post op.
So you've known her awhile then well you should have a very good idea yourself about the sort of person she is then.
But even if she was legit l'm not surprised you haven't heard from her then again as yet after seeing you didn't even reply to her message about it.

Last edited by randomx; 03-28-2023 at 06:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2023, 08:03 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,678,904 times
I'm reading this again and it sounds like a mess. I definitely get into messes sometimes, lol.

So, you still seem interested. Just ask again, but then to add from my post before, specify that you are "going dutch" on everything beforehand. If you don't know what that means, it means that everyone pays for themselves. Also, one thing that I like to do is that if it's my first time meeting a person or so, if I wouldn't have gone in somewhere without being with another person, I wait outside of the venue to make sure so and so actually shows up. Because unless I was intending to go into a place whether someone else showed or not, I don't like to go in all pissed off and not enjoying myself And spending money. I can do all that at home without aggravating the pain of spending money on top of that. If I want to spend money, it should be more of a good time even if it's temporary.

Old 03-28-2023, 08:44 AM

2,071 posts, read 1,040,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
I might give her a second chance but my radar would be tuned extra high looking for general flakiness, alcohol problems and/or other drama.
Why bother? What fun is it to date a person that already disrespected you, hurt your feelings, stood you up, and drank too much? Am I the only one to see HUGE RED FLAGS HERE ????

Old 03-28-2023, 11:10 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,678,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
Why bother? What fun is it to date a person that already disrespected you, hurt your feelings, stood you up, and drank too much? Am I the only one to see HUGE RED FLAGS HERE ????
If we keep looking for flags constantly, feels like we can always find something. A second date gives more leverage to the guy to ask more "probing" questions on the personal side because of the prior context, and he can feel out if it was a person making a dumb mistake or something deeper than that. People aren't perfect. The OP is the one that has to choose ultimately whether he wants to give it a go or not.

Old 03-28-2023, 12:48 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
If we keep looking for flags constantly, feels like we can always find something. A second date gives more leverage to the guy to ask more "probing" questions on the personal side because of the prior context, and he can feel out if it was a person making a dumb mistake or something deeper than that. People aren't perfect. The OP is the one that has to choose ultimately whether he wants to give it a go or not.
But why would he need to do that? OP should reverse the roles and ask himself what he would be thinking.

OP goes out on date. Agrees to go to a second location with the woman. Gets drunk and doesn't show up. Sends an apology text but then never offers a make up date. Peeks at her IG stories from time to time.

If the OP thinks he could perhaps see himself making a "dumb mistake" where he stands up a woman he's very attracted to and never bothers to offer a second date, then he should reach out. If he believes these hypothetical actions on his part demonstrate disinterest, then he shouldn't.

Women are no different from men when they want something. They don't have to be decoded.

Old 03-28-2023, 12:58 PM

2,071 posts, read 1,040,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterOneal View Post
Okay...

So I went on a first date with a girl last night. We went to dinner. The atmosphere was great, food was great, our conversation was great, we talked and laughed for 2 hours straight.

So once we were done, we decided to drive separately to a piano bar so that we could talk more. We would've rode together but she did want to leaver her car. Her car was recently broken into (she drives a Kia which are highly desired by thieves). Anyway, I arrive at the piano bar 20 minutes later. I sit there thinking she would arrive a few minutes after me. Fifteen minutes goes by and I attempt to call her...no answer. So I send a text saying "I'm here"...

She then texts me "I had a great night. Thank you. ☺️"...which confuses me so I respond "Huh? Are we not meeting at the piano bar? Did I say or do something wrong?"....no response at all and I basically got stood up on the second half of the date.

So I awaken to this message from her...

"Sh*t, sorry about last night. You didn't do anything wrong. I was a little tipsy and got confused. Then once I got home I immediately passed out."

She had two alcoholic drinks and I had a Sprite so I get it, but I don't know about this. I did really enjoy her though. Should I give her another chance?
I thing you need to ask yourself, and answer honestly, how did I "feel" after everything said and done? Not so good? Regardless of the excuses, regardless of anything. How did this woman make you feel? She obviously made you feel hurt, confused and then complicated the confusion with her lame excuses as to "why" she made you feel bad. Character says a lot about someone.

Old 03-28-2023, 01:46 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
Has she called him yet?

One should be looking for behaviors they like and don't like. That's the fricken point of dating.

Old 03-28-2023, 02:07 PM

4,252 posts, read 3,172,411 times
Move on....simple as that! Plenty of fish in the sea....ones that won't stand you up!

Old 03-28-2023, 10:36 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,006 times
OP, before I met the woman who's now my significant other, I was meeting women and going on dates. Some good, some bad. I've seen a LOT of flakiness, have had women ghost, you name it - from soup to nuts, I've seen it all. But the one thing I've learned is when a woman treats you the way you were treated is:

Don't chase her - replace her!

Old 03-28-2023, 10:45 PM

985 posts, read 540,012 times
Let her contact you. Give it a week then put her out of your mind and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships