Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:14 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,871,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
LAFan, man, you are really fixated on this whole kid thing. I know you hate children (you said so yourself on another thread). There are plenty of women out there who hate children like you do... you just have to ASK. Maybe one of those online dating services could help you find that honest, childfree forever lady.
I don't know about online dating. Each dating site I come across, I've always have to subscribe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 02:15 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Well my dating pool is quite limited, because I would like a long term relationship with a girl as I mention on my first post.
Why is your dating pool limited?

Old 06-17-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Why is your dating pool limited?
Because I don't want to waste my time with someone who isn't my type.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:23 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
You've asked a hundred times and gotten a million suggestions.
Either you don't comprehend what others write or you just think this one girl is just going to fall in your lap tomorrow with no effort on your part.

I've got an idea.
Get a sandwich board.....write out just what your specifications are and put your phone number on it.
Wear it wherever you go.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:24 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,787,526 times
Quote:
Actually, I think its a bit pretentious to have a "type" that you pursue. Isn't that a form of prejudice?

It sounds to me like you need to liven up your game and expand the scope of your operations. Hell, if you just go outside and ask 100 non-obese white women to go upstairs and have sex, you'll probably find one to oblige.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Actually, I think its a bit pretentious to have a "type" that you pursue. Isn't that a form of prejudice?

It sounds to me like you need to liven up your game and expand the scope of your operations. Hell, if you just go outside and ask 100 non-obese white women to go upstairs and have sex, you'll probably find one to oblige.
Well, I would never do the "sex outside marriage" routine for religous reasons. Besides, I would never use a woman just for sex.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:30 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
You ARE young, lol. Okay, we are really trying to help you so try to pay attention...

In order to find "the one" you have to be open to meeting LOTS of girls. You don't have to date them all for a year or anything, but you should get to know as many as you can over a period of time.

If you plan to pick one girl at a time and date her for a long time to determine if she is your type before you ever bother to even meet a second girl this process will get you nowhere really fast. Make lots of friends, hang out with as many as you can in either groups or on individual dates. But the point is, you must meet as many as possible before you ever find the one or two you want to date longer term.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:31 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Could it be that "your type" feels similarly to you, i.e. "why would I waste my time with LAFan when he's clearly not my type" - and that's the reason you're striking out? Maybe if you broaden your horizons and focus on more than skin color and body size you may find someone who fits all your other criteria.

Last edited by DontH8Me; 06-17-2008 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: correct grammar

Old 06-17-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You ARE young, lol. Okay, we are really trying to help you so try to pay attention...

In order to find "the one" you have to be open to meeting LOTS of girls. You don't have to date them all for a year or anything, but you should get to know as many as you can over a period of time.

If you plan to pick one girl at a time and date her for a long time to determine if she is your type before you ever bother to even meet a second girl this process will get you nowhere really fast. Make lots of friends, hang out with as many as you can in either groups or on individual dates. But the point is, you must meet as many as possible before you ever find the one or two you want to date longer term.
Maybe I can hang with a group of friends or cousins to meet some girls. Could that be a better way?

Old 06-17-2008, 02:33 PM

201 posts, read 656,226 times
Quote:
Well my dating pool is quite limited, because I would like a long term relationship with a girl as I mention on my first post.
Just because you want a LTR does not mean that your dating pool is limited. Especially because that is what most women are seeking. However, the next girl you date does not need to your future wife. In fact, although the girl may fantasize that, she probably does not expect it. Sometimes you get lucky, find a great catch, and live happily ever after. 99.999996% of the time it doesn't work that way. We all have our hearts broken, we all get over it, and we all move on. get to know a girl, decide if you want to know her even more, then you will slowly move into a ltr- you can't just make up your mind that you are going to have a long term relationship and then find someone willing to have one- you have to decide the kind of girl that you want, then if she is interesting to you, you will pursue her more and end up in a long term relationship
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships