Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 03:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Even if you're independently wealthy, unemployment is unattractive.
Really?! Have you tested your theory?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 03:56 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Instead of focusing on being in an LTR right now, I think you should focus on college, part-time employment and getting a driver's license since that is important to you. All of those things will give you some confidence and may help you stop being so suspicious of everyone. Being in school and working are also both good ways to meet girls, although you probably won't meet too many at a construction site. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but at this point your standards are very strict and you are not putting yourself in a position to meet anyone, much less a girl you could date. Getting out in the world a bit may give you some perspective on girls and relationships.
Agreed. He needs to completely focus on becoming the best, most interesting person he can be right now. If he does that and succeeds, all the rest will fall into place. He is not attracting the things/girls into his life right now that he wants because he has not made himself ATTRACTIVE.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:57 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,871,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Instead of focusing on being in an LTR right now, I think you should focus on college, part-time employment and getting a driver's license since that is important to you. All of those things will give you some confidence and may help you stop being so suspicious of everyone. Being in school and working are also both good ways to meet girls, although you probably won't meet too many at a construction site. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but at this point your standards are very strict and you are not putting yourself in a position to meet anyone, much less a girl you could date. Getting out in the world a bit may give you some perspective on girls and relationships.
Maybe if I was on lunch break.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:10 PM

201 posts, read 656,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Maybe if I was on lunch break.
Ok...let me point out something to you...I worked at home depot for almost two years. I met more than my fair share of construction workers. I also worked in fast food for four years. I met my share there as well. Guess what? You are NOT going to meet women doing that- any guy that hit on me was always covered in sweat and stank to high heaven (sorry guys, it's true) and why would you be looking to meet women if you are looking your worst? Also... speaking of construction...unless that is what your degree is going to be in, don't do it. Get a part time job at a place like home depot (pay starts at $10/hr, usually more; plus they also offer tuition waivers for students; AND they have health insurance for part time employees) and focus on your schooling- a well-educated man will be more attractive to the type of woman that you are looking for.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenplover View Post
Ok...let me point out something to you...I worked at home depot for almost two years. I met more than my fair share of construction workers. I also worked in fast food for four years. I met my share there as well. Guess what? You are NOT going to meet women doing that- any guy that hit on me was always covered in sweat and stank to high heaven (sorry guys, it's true) and why would you be looking to meet women if you are looking your worst? Also... speaking of construction...unless that is what your degree is going to be in, don't do it. Get a part time job at a place like home depot (pay starts at $10/hr, usually more; plus they also offer tuition waivers for students; AND they have health insurance for part time employees) and focus on your schooling- a well-educated man will be more attractive to the type of woman that you are looking for.
Being a well-educated man, I guess it could happen. As long as she understood that I'm never going to have kids.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Being a well-educated man, I guess it could happen. As long as she understood that I'm never going to have kids.
It will happen, don't worry. Just have faith- but in the meantime, while you are waiting for it to happen, pursue things that you love to do! Go backpack through europe, visit mexico, see india...do things that you can do while you are young enough to (also...as a side note, there are plenty of awesome deals for travel for students and who knows? maybe you'll meet someone on a tour even!). If money is an issue, part time work is fine. Plus, as I pointed out, you can work part time and be more independent. And ... as recommendation...I don't think I would bring up the kid thing until... oh say four months into a relationship- I know it's important to you but it seems to border on an obsession and quite frankly (being someone who is in their lower to mid 20's and does NOT want kids- at least right now) it would scare me away if you brought it up like you do here.

Trust me, focus on what you want, get a little life experience, tear yourself AWAY from the computer! And what you are seeking will come to you.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:27 PM

Also...I'm just curious, but why are you suspicious of girls that look decent? You can always tell who spends four hours on themselves every morning- they are usually covered in so much makeup and creams that they smell funny when you get near them. However, this does not mean that good-looking girls are ALL this way.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenplover View Post
It will happen, don't worry. Just have faith- but in the meantime, while you are waiting for it to happen, pursue things that you love to do! Go backpack through europe, visit mexico, see india...do things that you can do while you are young enough to (also...as a side note, there are plenty of awesome deals for travel for students and who knows? maybe you'll meet someone on a tour even!). If money is an issue, part time work is fine. Plus, as I pointed out, you can work part time and be more independent. And ... as recommendation...I don't think I would bring up the kid thing until... oh say four months into a relationship- I know it's important to you but it seems to border on an obsession and quite frankly (being someone who is in their lower to mid 20's and does NOT want kids- at least right now) it would scare me away if you brought it up like you do here.

Trust me, focus on what you want, get a little life experience, tear yourself AWAY from the computer! And what you are seeking will come to you.
I never quite understood why girls who run away if a guy said what I'm stating. It sounds kinda petty.

Maybe I met a good woman, I'll ask in a month or two.

I'll just take a ride around the city, go to dancing clubs that aren't ageist, go to restaurants late at night where no kids are allowed, or go to strip teases.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:35 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
I never quite understood why girls who run away if a guy said what I'm stating. It sounds kinda petty.

Maybe I met a good woman, I'll ask in a month or two.

I'll just take a ride around the city, go to dancing clubs that aren't ageist, go to restaurants late at night where no kids are allowed, or go to strip teases.
Well, if it's one of the first things out of your mouth when you meet someone new that would be very off-putting. Choose the time share this info a little more carefully.

You have to remember too that there are more girls/women that want to have kids than those that don't. So the minute you say this to a prospective date, she is marking you off HER list because having kids is very important to her, not because she is petty.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, if it's one of the first things out of your mouth when you meet someone new that would be very off-putting. Chose to the time share this info a little more carefully.

You have to remember too that there are more girls/women that want to have kids than those that don't. So the minute you say this to a prospective date she is marking you off HER list if having kids is very important to her.
I know most women/girls want kids and it makes me sick that they would end the relationship over kids. I don't understand why kids be to make people in relationships happy.

They've made almost impossible to find a girl who is childfree, or even tell if they don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships