Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 08:00 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,734,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Hmmm... I'm a little confused at the "insensitivity" part, Lindsey. I made allusions to the fact that amniotic fluid smells bad. And I haven't seen anyone contradict that. But I didn't say that it was my wife's fault... that women stink and should find a way to mask it. I don't think anyone elses posts were derrogatory towards anyone. Giving birth is a beautiful thing in it's entirety... but truly a "dirty" (fluids, cramps, pain, etc.) in reality. I think it went directly to the original question that was asked about watching childbirth having an adverse affect on the overall sexual drive of anyone in a relationship.

Since this is a relationship forum, I see it as no different than asking do people prefer heavy or thin, black or white, kids or no kids. You will find references that may be misinterpreted or considered "insensitive" in all those.

I also find that people that find insensitivity, or racism, or sexism the most are those that spend waaay too much time looking for it.

And as a side note... although I didn't like the smell... my post WAS supposed to be taken as light-hearted and funny... making the most of a bad situation.. lemons out of lemonade. I read that with most of the other posts too.
As a woman, I support your post, Rath. Women are meant to birth children. The ability to do so doesn't mean we need to be put up on a pedestal. *I* certainly would never want to watch it happen or smell it or ...do anything other than holding my wife's hand if I were a man...or a woman...I guess that's why I'm not lesbian!

The thought of amniotic flui---*Faint*

Don't worry buddy, you approached it tactfully but you can't please everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 08:18 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,905,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
The only time my husband said he felt queazy was during an emergency c section...said I looked like a filet of fish. Nice, huh?
But a sexy filet of fish right?

Old 06-23-2008, 08:22 PM

564 posts, read 2,342,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I saw all three of mine being born, I can only speak for myself but after bonding for 10 years with my wifes lower half seeing a brown line go from her navel to her privates, pink turn to brown and seeing a head appear after seeing the movie Alien I started to question my motivation. Questions like do you want to cut the cord?...I think not!, my middle son was born so fast all I remember was him going down a water slide and an intern trying to catch him before he hit the floor. The placenta on a platter and sharing a ward with ten thousand other screaming women. You quit smoking that week!
I've kept all my paper clothes and have recovered without the aid of hand puppets I might add and love my wife and kids to death but I still remember what pain apparently blocked in my wife.
I saw the "birth" video in 6th grade health. Sex is still appealing. Marriage and babies loses its luster every time I think about that video. Looked like a slimy little old man emerging from the center of a giant hairy catcher's mitt.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:24 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
But a sexy filet of fish right?
You know it!!

Old 06-23-2008, 08:59 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,905,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
You know it!!
hehe! You go girl!

Old 06-23-2008, 09:07 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
i lost interest after being rejected so many times LOL

Old 06-23-2008, 09:12 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,734,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
i lost interest after being rejected so many times LOL
Uh, rejected for what? watching someone's birth? You actually wanted to watch someone giving birth? Because that's what this thread was about....

Old 06-23-2008, 09:34 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
nooo I'm being funny and saying I didn't have to watch a birth to lose interest in sex. duh. wake up and smell the after birth..kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Uh, rejected for what? watching someone's birth? You actually wanted to watch someone giving birth? Because that's what this thread was about....

Old 06-23-2008, 09:58 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,644 times
I've given birth six times and didn't see any of the births; I push with my eyes closed. My husband watched a couple of them.

I always wanted to watch one of my babies be born, but it never happened. So I got the brilliant idea of watching a birth on youtube one night. I thought it was gross. It's a beautiful thing but kind of gross to watch.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:16 AM

64 posts, read 189,785 times
My boyfriend didn't lose interest in sex, but he won't give me oral anymore we both used to love it, but I haven't gotten in in 6 months
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships