Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:21 AM

82 posts, read 192,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Sex and rape - two very different things. Rape is about exerting one's sense of power over another, not satisfying a biological drive.
I know that, but often the proponents of women covering up and being more modest do not. The same attitude that if a woman dresses like a 'ho (as determined by the judger, I suppose) she deserves to be treated like a 'ho leads to the idea that women who dress "slutty" bear responsibility in being raped. It's the idea men cannot control themselves, and women must bear the entire responsibility of them keeping their wee-wees in their pants. It's the idea that if a woman wants a man to value her as more than a masturbation toy, she'll dress a certain way. Otherwise she just deserves men not respecting her or treating her as a human being.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:28 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbmac View Post
I know that, but often the proponents of women covering up and being more modest do not. The same attitude that if a woman dresses like a 'ho (as determined by the judger, I suppose) she deserves to be treated like a 'ho leads to the idea that women who dress "slutty" bear responsibility in being raped. It's the idea men cannot control themselves, and women must bear the entire responsibility of them keeping their wee-wees in their pants. It's the idea that if a woman wants a man to value her as more than a masturbation toy, she'll dress a certain way. Otherwise she just deserves men not respecting her or treating her as a human being.

Well said, and I thought that's what you had in mind - just wanted to be sure before the firestorm hit.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:05 AM

36,546 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
In my perspective, the only reason why most women want sex, is so they could get pregnant.
What rock do you live under?

Old 07-02-2008, 11:51 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,557,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbmac View Post

That's exactly how I was treated after my assault. Like I had it coming because my pants were too tight. Which they were becuase it was very cold and I had a long way to walk so I wore two pair layered which made for a tight fit (I made the mistake of accepting a ride). I felt so humilated I couldn't even testify. So they walked. I didn't expect to be treated like the criminal.

I hate the idea that women deserve to be treated a certain way because of the way they dress. They don't. No one deserves to be disrespected in any way because they don't dress up to someone elses standard.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:57 AM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

I hate the idea that women deserve to be treated a certain way because of the way they dress. They don't. No one deserves to be disrespected in any way because they don't dress up to someone elses standard.
yanno, logically and realistically, I think, it's the excuse of certain men who cannot control themselves....who are, in my mind, just a little tad short of a full deck when it comes to sex. A person doesn't do, what isn't ordinarily in their character to do, because of the way someone dresses. Just my take?

Old 07-03-2008, 08:37 PM

4 posts, read 8,992 times
I love sex!

Old 07-03-2008, 08:40 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,871,621 times
I could have sex if I wanted to, but I don't want to because I'm not married and there is no woman who is my type, like my dad said. He makes me sick sometimes.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
the most honest open thing i ever heard a woman say on this topic

i might be attracted to him but that doesn't mean i like him.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:43 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Ladies, don't get mad when all a guy wants is sex. We(men) are bombarded with images of half dressed women everyday of our lives. Also many, many women dress so trashy these days, what else should you expect?

SO because you see images of things that are sexy to you, you can't control yourself?

If you don't dress trashy and slutty than I am not talking about you. But there are more women that dress slutty and trashy than ever before. Don't dress like a tramp and expect me to treat you like a lady. If a see a guy walking down the street and he's dressed like a police officer, I'm going to treat him like a police officer, with respect. It's that simple. If I see someone walking down the street dressed like the mailman, well you get my point.

Once again, you have no control over yourself and how other people dress CONTROLS your behavior for you.

Many women that I see now, I can honestly say I only want sex from them (maybe) due to the way they are dressed. This is not an age thing neither. I see many women over 40 dressed sluttly as well. Attention whores is what my mom calls them.

If these women are attention whores what does that make you? You are saying honestly that a woman who dresses a certain way is a *****, a woman who takes money for sex? BUT when a man chases after someone ONLY based on the way they are dressed, that man is to be excused even felt sorry for because he is being BOMBARDED with sexual images.

When I see a muslim women covered(not her face) I never ever think about sex. No, I'm not saying cover up like a muslim women and nor is this a post about religion but damn, you don't have to show everything nor do you have to ware everything so darn tight.

Many guys will look at a woman that is dressed like a tramp and even have sex with one, but we don't our girlfriends/wives/daughters looking like one.

Your thoughts..............
My thoughts, what a complete and utter load of bollox.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:14 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yanno, logically and realistically, I think, it's the excuse of certain men who cannot control themselves....who are, in my mind, just a little tad short of a full deck when it comes to sex. A person doesn't do, what isn't ordinarily in their character to do, because of the way someone dresses. Just my take?
What I think is so hilarious is how men say women are ruled by their hormones but how many men out there make the same claims that the OP has.

The REALITY is that men are the ones with the hormone problem. This is illustrated by the FACT that men in the prison population and those on parole and supervised release are given a medication to supress their hormones so they aren't as much of a threat to the public. That kind of smacks of being the inferior sex because surely being able to control ones behavior is preferable to running about acting like an alley cat as so many out there do AND then having the nerve to claim it wasn't their fault because she was DRESSED like a *****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships