Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 09:55 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,013,148 times

Advertisements

I am a female. But how very true your statement is!! My mother used to say "You should act like a lady, look like a lady, but you can be a tramp in bed with your husband." lol!!

Many guys will look at a woman that is dressed like a tramp and even have sex with one, but we don't our girlfriends/wives/daughters looking like one.

Your thoughts..............[/quote]

Old 07-05-2008, 04:47 AM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
I am a female. But how very true your statement is!! My mother used to say "You should act like a lady, look like a lady, but you can be a tramp in bed with your husband." lol!!

Many guys will look at a woman that is dressed like a tramp and even have sex with one, but we don't our girlfriends/wives/daughters looking like one.

Your thoughts..............
[/quote]

definately agree....wonder how many men would look if it was their wife or daughter up there dancing in these strip clubs...

and when it comes down to it...talk about hypacritical...men want ladies for their wives....

I really believe we need more education in this country of what unacceptable behavior is...

Like someone said above...we've become a country that blames everyone else for our deficencies...and it is not acceptable...

Old 07-05-2008, 08:52 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times
Quote:
I really believe we need more education in this country of what unacceptable behavior is...
And exactly WHO is going to be the arbiter of what is acceptable or not?

How about my girlfriend up on the stage? She has good taste...

Old 07-05-2008, 09:46 AM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
And exactly WHO is going to be the arbiter of what is acceptable or not?

How about my girlfriend up on the stage? She has good taste...

Your own conscience...and self respect....if you don't possess respect for oneself, you won't own any for any other human being...

no arbiter, just teachers, it's still one's own choice, but teaching morals, how to parent, and common desency common sense, and compassion for others, would be an attribute in this country. Teaching the importance of team work and how one's decissions effect so many other people.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:47 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,557,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Your own conscience...and self respect....if you don't possess respect for oneself, you won't own any for any other human being...

no arbiter, just teachers, it's still one's own choice, but teaching morals, how to parent, and common desency common sense, and compassion for others, would be an attribute in this country. Teaching the importance of team work and how one's decissions effect so many other people.
But whose definition of morals and decency shall we use? Whose idea of parenting and common sense? There are too many deinitions and ideas about how things should be done to teach any of it. Which is why it's left up to the individual.

What we really need is for intellingent people to stop judging others as if they are fit to judge just because they think they're smart.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:49 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,557,277 times
definately agree....wonder how many men would look if it was their wife or daughter up there dancing in these strip clubs...

and when it comes down to it...talk about hypacritical...men want ladies for their wives....

Like someone said above...we've become a country that blames everyone else for our deficencies...and it is not acceptable...[/quote]

Two things we can teach are personal responsibility and consequences. We've managed to raise a generation of kids who were so sheltered from natural consequences and never held responsible for themselves and then scratch our head when they go postal/automotive/whatever you want to call it the first time they actually have to face consequences due to their own actions and that life just ain't fair.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:16 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
What I think is so hilarious is how men say women are ruled by their hormones but how many men out there make the same claims that the OP has.

The REALITY is that men are the ones with the hormone problem. This is illustrated by the FACT that men in the prison population and those on parole and supervised release are given a medication to supress their hormones so they aren't as much of a threat to the public. That kind of smacks of being the inferior sex because surely being able to control ones behavior is preferable to running about acting like an alley cat as so many out there do AND then having the nerve to claim it wasn't their fault because she was DRESSED like a *****.
I haven't figured out why you hate men, yet - so I might as well ask.

Why do you hate men so much?

And - along with phil - What medication is this? This is the first I've ever heard of it, and I've heard a lot about all kinds of crap.

It almost sounds like the old wive's tale about saltpeter...which is an old wive's tale about saltpeter. You could give a man female hormones. This would cause him to grow boobs...and other cool stuff. Be kind of hard to give him enough to knock his sexual drive down without a lot of really weird side effects and without him catching on. I guess if he was like really, really stupid you could do it. But how many men are that stupid?

HAHA!! GOT YOU, I set myself up for that. Go ahead. Fling that banana cream pie. I doesn't hurt....... and tastes delicious.

P.S. The OP appears to have some serious issues with women. I doubt anything said on this forum would change his attitude much. I'm assuming he's a troll. Or at least it's a troll post. It looks like one.

Make a crazy post, stand back, and watch the crazy people fight.

NEED MORE PIE IN HERE!!!

Old 07-05-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

Yo, hold on a sec, momma......

Granted it's never been my wife or daughter, but plenty of times for plenty of years it's been a galfriend up there, and you better believe I look. And I'm proud to be with her.

And ya know what? It might just be a strange quirk of Fate or a fold in the Space-Time Continuum or whatever the heck you want to call it, but -

-she was lady before she went up there, she was a lady while she was up there, and she sure as shootin' was a lady when she came back down.

You surprise me, Ivory - buying into a jaded old stereotype like this... Talk about teaching what's acceptable or not......it's like when they shoved the PC version of history down my eldest son's throat in 12th grade, and he had the stones (and probably the spirit from Mom and Dad) to correct the teacher and not let up. You know what they did?

They suspended him for 3 days. For telling the truth.

I almost went to jail for the tornado I created in that place the next day. But you know what? The "Holy Elders" recanted and threw the textbook out. It took ONE person to stand up for what they knew was right, and I've told my son all through his life that I'd back him up even in Hell if he was right.

I KNOW that what a woman does for a living doesn't make or break her as a lady - it's the common (mis)perception of Do-Gooders and those who want to enforce their wills upon us that say it does. Maybe these folks had one too many scary brimstone-and-fire sermons growing up in Kissandtell, UT...or maybe their parents had some serious hang-ups that they handed down...whatever the reason, I'll call them on it every time, and I don't particularly care WHAT they call me because I know I'm right.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
And - along with phil - What medication is this? This is the first I've ever heard of it, and I've heard a lot about all kinds of crap.
The only thing I've ever heard about even remotely involved with this was an experimental program in some prison system that issued hormone therapy to transexuals while on parole, but that's it.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:24 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I haven't figured out why you hate men, yet - so I might as well ask.

Why do you hate men so much?

It almost sounds like the old wive's tale about saltpeter...which is an old wive's tale about saltpeter. You could give a man female hormones. This would cause him to grow boobs...and other cool stuff. Be kind of hard to give him enough to knock his sexual drive down without a lot of really weird side effects and without him catching on. I guess if he was like really, really stupid you could do it. But how many men are that stupid?

HAHA!! GOT YOU, I set myself up for that. Go ahead. Fling that banana cream pie. I doesn't hurt....... and tastes delicious.

P.S. The OP appears to have some serious issues with women. I doubt anything said on this forum would change his attitude much. I'm assuming he's a troll. Or at least it's a troll post. It looks like one.

Make a crazy post, stand back, and watch the crazy people fight.

NEED MORE PIE IN HERE!!!
Its called Depo-provera, they give it to sex offenders, its a HORMONE. BECAUSE some MEN can't control themselves and have to be controlled for the benefit of society. Thats a reality. There is NO parallel situation with women.

I don't hate men, I just see them as the inferior sex, much like you view yourself as the superior sex without any real grasp on the facts.

I actually LOVE men, real men though, not the kind that have to behave this way to show off and beat their chest to prove a point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships