Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2008, 10:42 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,810,944 times

Advertisements

i would be bothered if I paid and instead of eating it she just put it in the bag and wanted to take it home, that would be in extremely poor taste because she had no intention of eating it in the first place but ordered nevertheless. This has happened once and of course there was no 2nd date.

However, if she eats what she ordered but takes whatever she cannot finish home I would like it because I don't like to waste food.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 08:25 PM

72,436 posts, read 18,215,482 times
Originally Posted by VillageLife
Would be terrible not to take all the Chinese food home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
that's the spirit, sei sei (thanks)
pu shie - you are welcome!

So even though you had a bad date,at least you had some good chinese food

Or if you had a good date then there is an excuse to call him again for a date

Old 07-19-2008, 09:41 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,677,196 times
regardless of who paid for what,
food should not be wasted
simples as that.

are we really a wasteful culture that we look down on people who take the rest of their meal to go?

what if they meant to give it to a homeless person.

and what if you did pay for it. why would you expect anything like that. is she supposed to bonedown with you because you paid for dinner?

wow some people.

a doggy bag is not low class at all.

a date, even on the first meeting who does this shows me that they are not wasteful.

it is a good quality.

why is our culture so wasteful nowadays?

Old 07-19-2008, 09:45 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,677,196 times
thanks for the laugh homeboy!!! classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Doggie bags don't bother me - what DOES is the people that sweep all the sugar and Sweet-n-Low packets into their purse, grab most of the napkins, throw a salt-and-pepper shaker set in for good measure, a few spoons...

What is this - the Depression?

Old 07-20-2008, 12:31 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,027,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Doggie bags don't bother me - what DOES is the people that sweep all the sugar and Sweet-n-Low packets into their purse, grab most of the napkins, throw a salt-and-pepper shaker set in for good measure, a few spoons...

What is this - the Depression?
Regardless of who paid, if the girl asks for a doggie bag and she had barely touched her plate, it's irritating. If you weren't hungry enough to eat at a restaurant why not say so in the first place instead of wasting time? We could have gone somewhere else.

If a girl asks for a doggie bag and then heads over to the all-you-can-eat, that bothers me. It's ghetto; don't do it.

If a girl asks for a doggie bag and only puts one item in it - yet there were three separate items uneaten - it bothers me. If you didn't want the food you shouldn't have ordered it.

True story:

Back in my younger days, I was dating a girl who was literally picking at her food. I paid. $12/plate. She didn't eat jack. I asked her why and she said, "I'm not really that hungry". Mind you, it was her idea to go to that particular restaurant after I suggested going somewhere less food-centric, as I wasn't too hungry either (yet I finished my plate because I'm not wasteful). She refused to get a doggie bag.

My next action was simple: Have my cell phone emulate a ring, excuse myself from the table, step outside to my car, and drive off.

I don't mind a waste of time if it didn't cost me anything. I don't mind spending money if it's time well spent. But do not waste both my money and my time. One or the other, not both. The most eggregious sin, IMO.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:29 PM

859 posts, read 3,324,339 times
So many places now, the dinners are so huge (especially pasta), that it's seriously two or three meals!!

I always take it home (I don't care if I am with a date / family / friends whatever) if there is seriously that much food left that it looks like a whole meal is left. And it's not because I am not eating it in the restaurant, I am stuffed, the portion is just that big. I would say 90% of my friends male and femlae do the same, we are not gonna waste a giant dish of pasta. I don't see why someone would be offended by it, no matter who paid for it, why waste food that you enjoyed and could eat more of the next day?

Many of the Italian places I eat that have these huge portions, you don't even have to ask for a to go box, the waitress automatically offers it.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:53 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,936,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkinswife View Post
i don't see anything wrong with it.
+ 1

Old 07-20-2008, 05:11 PM

28,970 posts, read 30,336,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Regardless of who paid, if the girl asks for a doggie bag and she had barely touched her plate, it's irritating. If you weren't hungry enough to eat at a restaurant why not say so in the first place instead of wasting time? We could have gone somewhere else.

If a girl asks for a doggie bag and then heads over to the all-you-can-eat, that bothers me. It's ghetto; don't do it.

If a girl asks for a doggie bag and only puts one item in it - yet there were three separate items uneaten - it bothers me. If you didn't want the food you shouldn't have ordered it.

True story:

Back in my younger days, I was dating a girl who was literally picking at her food. I paid. $12/plate. She didn't eat jack. I asked her why and she said, "I'm not really that hungry". Mind you, it was her idea to go to that particular restaurant after I suggested going somewhere less food-centric, as I wasn't too hungry either (yet I finished my plate because I'm not wasteful). She refused to get a doggie bag.

My next action was simple: Have my cell phone emulate a ring, excuse myself from the table, step outside to my car, and drive off.

I don't mind a waste of time if it didn't cost me anything. I don't mind spending money if it's time well spent. But do not waste both my money and my time. One or the other, not both. The most eggregious sin, IMO.
Maybe, and I'm simply suggesting this b/c I was the same way...when I was young, (ummm, maybe 2 years ago) I was really embarrassed to eat in front of a guy...so, when we went to dinner, I'd eat a little bit and ask for a doggie bag, then go home and pig out

Seriously though, a lot of young girls are nervous to eat in front of men, especially if they've just started dating?

Just a thought.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:34 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,027,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Maybe, and I'm simply suggesting this b/c I was the same way...when I was young, (ummm, maybe 2 years ago) I was really embarrassed to eat in front of a guy...so, when we went to dinner, I'd eat a little bit and ask for a doggie bag, then go home and pig out

Seriously though, a lot of young girls are nervous to eat in front of men, especially if they've just started dating?

Just a thought.
I've encountered a lot of women in my day. Some beautiful as supermodels - and they had no problems eating, because as long as you don't eat like a slob, who cares? It's food. You're expected to eat it.

I'm a unique breed - I hate shy females. In my mind there's nothing to really be shy about, a little nervous the other person doesn't like you? Sure. But not shy. We're all human.

I met one girl - she was taken, but we were good friends - and we went out to lunch seemed like every other week and just chatted about things. She wasn't shy about ordering anything. We did the doggie bag deal, but only when the food was just too much to handle in one sitting - which did happen from time to time, especially Italian food. Girl was absolutely striking. She got heads turning every where we went.

Point: you're human. Human nature calls for you to eat. So eat.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:07 PM

213 posts, read 784,860 times
Default I saw the sign?????

What if she sits facing the window and you have to look at the wall during dinner?

What if she takes a matchbook from the register on your way out?

What if she uses the bathroom two times the whole evening?

What if she puts her left arm in her jacket when you expected her to go for the right armhole first?

What if the minutiae meant nothing other than what it is--how a person has developed that gets them from point A to point B. What if you stopped looking for a reason to discount this person and just enjoyed their company?

Give yourself credit for having done your homework when you first decided this person was worthy of a night out with you and get on with your date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships