Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 08:33 PM

145 posts, read 481,526 times

Advertisements

Well from this guys prospective. We both eat well have a great dinner, dessert and coffee. For a laugh lets say I pay. I would be more frustrated if she threw away the left overs (for those who need clarification I'm talking about 1/2 an main course not 1 tortellini. Lets on the other hand say she ate her salad and got her free groceries from the main course. Hopefully I would have the ba**s to leave her with the bill.

Last edited by jghoo; 07-18-2008 at 08:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 08:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghoo View Post
she ate her salad and got her free groceries from the main course
Wow, can't believe such thoughts cross somebody's mind... be it male or female... Disgusting!

Old 07-18-2008, 08:55 PM

1,244 posts, read 3,226,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hey, some of us finish our steaks.
Oh yeah. Not letting a good steak go to waste. LOL

But seriously on the topic. I don't think I've ever given this any thought. I guess it would depend on a couple things. I mean first how much food the restaurant did serve, I've been places where shoot, I can eat a nice size protion but the amount they serve is just over the top. If there is like a little bit left, it would seem really silly to me. If it was like say half the plate, why not. I don't think I would really be looking at such an insignificant thing as a big deal.

There would be other things I'd be paying attention to. Conversation ability. Was he a gentleman. Tipping. Etc. Asking for a "take-home box", would not be that big of a deal to me.

Of course there is also what is going on after the date. I mean, are you just each going home or is there something else planned, i.e. a walk, a movie, dancing, etc. If the food is going to sit in the car for X amount of hours afterwards, seems silly to me. However, if it's just dinner and then home, not that silly.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:01 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
"A take home box, versuses a doggie bag." LOL...
Meh.....Same thing. I agree though...hey, if there is alot of food left over and your going straight home, take it man. Why waste food these days with the price of groceries... kidding??

Old 07-18-2008, 09:02 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,821 times
To me it doesnt matter.. hey.. I never finish my meal.. ever... I eat two bites and then I am done with it.. so it doesnt matter to me if they have a doggie bag or not.. Its not about the doggie bag yall.. its about the company

Old 07-18-2008, 09:06 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,217,262 times
Ok only if they fashioned the leftovers into the shape of a tinfoil swan.

I've done it on a first date, but laughed about it, saying- "You know, this is so delicious, but I can't finish it, who you mind if I got it wrapped up?"

And then I ask the server for a dessert to go, as well. JK!

Old 07-18-2008, 09:11 PM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post

I've done it on a first date, but laughed about it, saying- "You know, this is so delicious, but I can't finish it, who you mind if I got it wrapped up?"
I have to...I dunno, I just felt it rude, that he was paying for such a wonderful meal...appetizers, soup, then sherbert, salad, steak and I wasn't able to even consider dessert...I didn't want him to think me ungreatful, therefore, I asked him if he'd mind...I said, it was such a lovely dinner, great company, and a wonderful night, that I'd really like to take this with me, so I could savor the entire evening again tomorrow...? I think he was impressed? I hate wasting food, and it was a fantastic dinner...

We discussed it later, after a few dates and he said he was impressed that I was confident enough to do so...? If that would have been a deal breaker then so be it...much rather know now?

I suppose it depends on the person? But if I were taking someone out for dinner for the first time, it wouldn't matter to me either way...I'd want that person to feel comfortable, have a great time and do what they wish concerning the food they were not able to finish...?

Old 07-18-2008, 09:11 PM

1,244 posts, read 3,226,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post

And then I ask the server for a dessert to go, as well. JK!
Exactly. Actually, mostly the waitress/waiter asks if you would like to take it home. Sometimes just a glance at the other person gives you the response as to how they would feel about it. You can then say "sure why not" or "no its okay".

Old 07-18-2008, 09:16 PM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post
Exactly. Actually, mostly the waitress/waiter asks if you would like to take it home. Sometimes just a glance at the other person gives you the response as to how they would feel about it. You can then say "sure why not" or "no its okay".
I agree, and there have been times when I haven't...
I dunno, just think it's a very small thing compared to the entire evening?
Now if you start filling your purse up with the left over bread, crackers and sugar, well, that's a whole different ball game...LOL

Old 07-18-2008, 09:19 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,217,262 times
So Crem and Mari, are you saying that we shouldn't take baggies to the salad bar on a first date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships