Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you cheat on your current or future SO if you'd get away with it?
I'm a man; yes, I would cheat. 3 2.14%
I'm a woman; yes I would cheat. 4 2.86%
I'm a man; no I wouldn't cheat. 37 26.43%
I'm a woman; no I wouldn't cheat. 82 58.57%
I'm a man; I don't know if I'd cheat. 7 5.00%
I'm a woman; I don't know if I'd cheat. 7 5.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 08:48 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Good job, MLV! Now I'll never see the snack!
Awww, I'm sorry Sierra, I could go for more of a buffet anyway.

Quote:
Well, if it's a one-time indiscretion and you believe it meant absolutely nothing... than it would be your choice to "lose" him if he doesn't wanna get "lost"...
I'd rather just not know about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 09:16 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Most people want to believe good about themselves. You don't find to many kids in preschool saying they want to grow up to be a drug dealer, or little girls saying i want to be a crack-ho when I grow up. Most people also rely on "circumstances" making them do bad things. Many of us could travel back in time and disapoint our younger selves with our "we turned out this way" stories. So polls like this are utterly meaningless. Most people who haven't cheated yet in their lives are going to give a resounding "heck no" answer.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:23 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Quote:
Yes, but I'm always suspicious of such pompous declarations. I've said this before - I'd be very cautious of anybody starting to describe himself as being honest or tooting his own horn about just any virtue of this nature. I'm yet to see a truly honest person feeling the need to do that. It just goes without saying... it's encompassed in his reality... it's not something to be broadcasted.

If You Got To Ask, You Ain't Got It!

I can't imagine ever having to ask a man IF he loves me or ask him to promise me fidelity. To me it comes with the territory and if it doesn't, then the man goes out of the territory - it's as simple as that!
In my area over the years every business that has the need to declare their honesty that i can think of, has eventually been caught being extremely dishonest. It also applys to other things that tie into honesty in some form or the other. As in the story of Eliot Spitzer!

Old 07-22-2008, 10:22 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Sierra - this post sounds so cynical!! I know everyone is a product of their experiences, but I am living in hope that I don't come back on here in a few years agreeing with this because I've been screwed over.

Right now, what he said sounds just fine to me!

I think this whole conversation has gotton a little out of hand. It's up there with the 'could you commit murder'.

Most people of course say no... but now, it's Ossama Binladen, or the guy who just murdered your family or whatever.

So OK, in SOME circumstances, most people are capable of anything. But in ususal circumstances, there are not many people who would think themselves capable of murder. Does that make them smug and self congratulatory as well?

I don't get why it's so hard to take someone's word for it that they would not cheat. Ach, what do I know - I can only hope that I get to continue in my innocent assumption that my wedding vows meant something to both of us!
I’m perfectly aware my post comes across as cynical, Hoboken. Obviously, I can’t even begin to claim I can make a true assessment based on a few sentences someone wrote. I may be totally wrong. Just said how it sounds to me.

For the record, I’ve never had a problem with an unfaithful partner (to the best of my knowledge), so this is not a topic close to home for me making me jaded because of personal experiences. My opinion actually has absolutely nothing to do with relationships or infidelity per se. I just think there’s always something fishy when somebody feels the need to profusely promise and guarantee things constituting "Integrity 101." I’d feel the same way about people I do business with.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:40 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,855 times
Quote:
I’m perfectly aware my post comes across as cynical, Hoboken. Obviously, I can’t even begin to claim I can make a true assessment based on a few sentences someone wrote. I may be totally wrong. Just said how it sounds to me.

For the record, I’ve never had a problem with an unfaithful partner (to the best of my knowledge), so this is not a topic close to home for me making me jaded because of personal experiences. My opinion actually has absolutely nothing to do with relationships or infidelity per se. I just think there’s always something fishy when somebody feels the need to profusely promise and guarantee things constituting "Integrity 101." I’d feel the same way about people I do business with.
So your saying stay away from Honest Johns Used Cars, Honest Abe's Log Homes, Fidelity Life Insurance...lol

Old 07-22-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
So your saying stay away from Honest Johns Used Cars, Honest Abe's Log Homes, Fidelity Life Insurance...lol
Precisely! Also stay away from any business having "discount," "budget," "saving," etc. in the title unless you want them to either not show up/do the job right or rip you off.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:51 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Precisely! Also stay away from any business having "discount," "budget," "saving," etc. in the title unless you want them to either not show up/do the job right or rip you off.
In my part of the country, you'll see a lot of contractors, repairmen, etc., put the Christian sign of the fish on their business cards, trucks, estimate sheets, whatever. Now, I'm a faithful person, but when I see those, I mentally eliminate that person immediately. After all, what kind of person uses their religious faith to gain traction in a business deal?

Also, in select situations, I've had salespeople, prospects, etc., chirp up "Well, I'm a Christian," in the negotiations. Whenever you hear that WATCH OUT, because that person will attempt to put the wood to you in the very next sentence.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:52 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Yep. In my part of the world, there's an Integrity Bank. And, what's more, they're about to be shut down by the Federal Reserve.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
In my part of the country, you'll see a lot of contractors, repairmen, etc., put the Christian sign of the fish on their business cards, trucks, estimate sheets, whatever. Now, I'm a faithful person, but when I see those, I mentally eliminate that person immediately. After all, what kind of person uses their religious faith to gain traction in a business deal?

Also, in select situations, I've had salespeople, prospects, etc., chirp up "Well, I'm a Christian," in the negotiations. Whenever you hear that WATCH OUT, because that person will attempt to put the wood to you in the very next sentence.
I've no experience with such advertisements in my neck of the woods, but I absolutely agree with you.

Quote:
Yep. In my part of the world, there's an Integrity Bank. And, what's more, they're about to be shut down by the Federal Reserve.
That's great. The only problem is nobody can shut down the FED...

Old 07-22-2008, 11:20 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,348 times
Quote:
The same type of person who uses their religious faith to gain traction in the elections. Neither are trustworthy.

Quote:
Absolutely 100% agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships