Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 10:38 AM

333 posts, read 1,000,084 times

Advertisements

Wait.. now I'm from New Orleans - can't get more southern than that. Let me see..., hmmmm ... Nope, no one outside yet..

Maybe I need to whip up some of my shrimp creole and go door to door... what do ya think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 10:40 AM

yeah.. I think the wording needs to clear.. or maybe don't say too much, its just a date and see where it goes from there

Old 07-29-2008, 11:18 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,214,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs5mz2 View Post
Wait.. now I'm from New Orleans - can't get more southern than that. Let me see..., hmmmm ... Nope, no one outside yet..

Maybe I need to whip up some of my shrimp creole and go door to door... what do ya think?
Yes! A man that can cook well... yummy! Why not join a cooking club? But I think that if you don't make it obvious that you are looking for a relationship, the women will flock to you. Women like the chase too. Single men that are on the hunt for a date come off as either sex maniacs or there is something else wrong with them.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:30 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,903,876 times
Why don't you go to local food festivals? Big craft fairs? Renaissance faires?

Everytime I've been to something like those, many other women are there as well. You might want to go where the women go.

Any Speed Dating events where you are? They might be worth a try. Heck, they're fast.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:39 AM

260 posts, read 948,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs5mz2 View Post
Physical: African American - 5'9 still attrative - don't look my age. I do need to lose some weight and am working on it. I'm in the gym 4 to 5 days a week - can run between 3 and 5 miles a day and still bench 225+
Sorry to sound like I'm the shallow/hallow here...lol...but how much weight do you need to lose? Cause, a lot of Latin/Asian women might be a little friteghned or apprehensive to be approached by a big dude.
I mean, I'm latin, and I love African American men, but none of my friends ever really got serious with black men because of the cultural differences that they can encounter. I on the other hand married a black man and we get a long just fine...but limiting your self to just Asian/Latin women its not gonna help you get a good woman.
Like the others here advised you, cooking classes, and places like that might be good. Also, maybe volunteer for your kids' school? see what is out there that way? Or volunteer to teach an ESL class at your local school? Just a thought. I mean, a lot of these women in the category you talking about 35-45, good looking, slender blah blah blah might also have other dudes chasing after them...cause they are (sad to say and sorry for the way it sounds)a HOT commodity...

Please don't get me wrong...

Old 07-29-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayamyers View Post
Sorry to sound like I'm the shallow/hallow here...lol...but how much weight do you need to lose? Cause, a lot of Latin/Asian women might be a little friteghned or apprehensive to be approached by a big dude.
I mean, I'm latin, and I love African American men, but none of my friends ever really got serious with black men because of the cultural differences that they can encounter. I on the other hand married a black man and we get a long just fine...but limiting your self to just Asian/Latin women its not gonna help you get a good woman.
Like the others here advised you, cooking classes, and places like that might be good. Also, maybe volunteer for your kids' school? see what is out there that way? Or volunteer to teach an ESL class at your local school? Just a thought. I mean, a lot of these women in the category you talking about 35-45, good looking, slender blah blah blah might also have other dudes chasing after them...cause they are (sad to say and sorry for the way it sounds)a HOT commodity...

Please don't get me wrong...
Well... your right on several levels:

Asian/Latin is just a preference not an absolute. If she is the right person I really don't care what she is. I have met a lot of women, especially online, that will not talk to you if your not a certain height, weight, etc..

Cultural Differences - I'll respect yours if you respect mine. I like different cultures. They make the world a better place. Just need to be able to strike a balance.

Weight-Loss: I've got a few pounds to go, but I'm not a big guy. Its more about changing and improving my shape, and overall health then anything else. See my profile pic - what do you think?

Hot Commodities: Yes they are and they know it. Here in the MD/DC/VA area there is a lot of competition.

Good response... thanks....

Old 07-29-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Yes! A man that can cook well... yummy! Why not join a cooking club? But I think that if you don't make it obvious that you are looking for a relationship, the women will flock to you. Women like the chase too. Single men that are on the hunt for a date come off as either sex maniacs or there is something else wrong with them.
good idea.. will look for something in my area...I could stand add some new dishes to my cooking resume....

Old 07-29-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
True.. but I am on the hunt... better trim my fangs.... lol

Old 07-29-2008, 12:56 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,115,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's what women around here call a man who is a good catch. As in women just show up on your doorstep with casseroles. It's a southern thing, evidently.
We'd call them "hot dishes" where I grew up. "Casserole" sounds funny.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
We'd call them "hot dishes" where I grew up. "Casserole" sounds funny.
And saying I'm a "hot dish" does not ????? lol........

Remember this is women describing the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships