Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 01:08 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,087,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs5mz2 View Post
Ok.. here is the deal.

I'm in a rut. I need to get out. I haven't dated in the last two years, and to say the least, it is getting old.

First, lets cover the basics.

Physical: African American - 5'9 still attrative - don't look my age. I do need to lose some weight and am working on it. I'm in the gym 4 to 5 days a week - can run between 3 and 5 miles a day and still bench 225+

Marital Status: Divorced - 2 kids, 17 and 13. I know what your thinking, but my kids are very good - not crazy teenagers running around.

Career: I'm a software engineer, making good money.

Home: 5 bed room single family, 2 car garage, yada, yada, yada

Personality: I'm shy at first but warm up quickly. I have a quick wit and sharp mind. I'm comfortable with most topics of conversation. I do tend to think a lot and have a tendency to over analyise. But if your up for an intellectual challenge I'm your guy.

Other: I love to cook, I play music (bass, guitar and drums) and am very romantic - holding hands, long walks, that sort of thing.

So what's the problem? I can't seem find anyone to date. I've seen threads on this forum where women are saying that there are no good men other, yet I'm having a hard time finding someone I like to talk to, date and more.

What am I looking for? Well, I'm looking for an Asian or latin female between say 35 and 45 that will date an african american. Must be in the DC/MD/VA area - sorry, not interested in long distance.

As for physical characteristics: someone that is easy on the eyes, is slender to average, etc... (Any filipina's out there - I love the pinay look)

Any suggestions on where to go, what to do, where to look?
A. look where you're interest lie. Opposites attract was coined by strange people who hope they might appeal to normal people. Once monkey desire wears off, so does that.

B. relax, you're a 40 year old guy with a decent job? A stable life? You're a gold mine to your age group! The females out number us at least ten-1

c. Don't instantly fall in love with the first girl who restores your feelings of desirabllity. Realize your dating pool consists of 99.99 percent people who have been in relationships that failed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 01:09 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,108,238 times
Quote:
And saying I'm a "hot dish" does not ????? lol........

Remember this is women describing the man.
I thought it was a woman trying to make an impression on a man...

Old 07-30-2008, 09:29 AM

260 posts, read 948,153 times
Hey...I forgot to mention something here...I am not in the market, but I do know a couple "Latin" women that are. However, they all live in Philadelphia PA. I have a cousin in particular, that is nice looking, active, in your age group ( I think she is like 36-37) and very mellow. The woman is a hoot and she is very laid back. But if you are in the D.C area, a trip to Philly by car is about 3 hrs. away and there is always the bus or train to visit.
If you interested, I might be able to hook ya'll up. She got her own place, has a son that is 12 yrs. old, and has a stable job too. She moved here from Colombia about 3 yrs. ago, and was a nurse there, so she is working on her English skills...she might be interested in talking to you...who knows? I saw her last weekend when my family came to visit me and she is looking for someone too...Let me know if I can play matchmaker, LOL.

By the way...i saw your profile picture, and you are very handsome...so I don't see a problem when it comes to her liking you.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:42 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,221,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayamyers View Post
Hey...I forgot to mention something here...I am not in the market, but I do know a couple "Latin" women that are. However, they all live in Philadelphia PA. I have a cousin in particular, that is nice looking, active, in your age group ( I think she is like 36-37) and very mellow. The woman is a hoot and she is very laid back. But if you are in the D.C area, a trip to Philly by car is about 3 hrs. away and there is always the bus or train to visit.
If you interested, I might be able to hook ya'll up. She got her own place, has a son that is 12 yrs. old, and has a stable job too. She moved here from Colombia about 3 yrs. ago, and was a nurse there, so she is working on her English skills...she might be interested in talking to you...who knows? I saw her last weekend when my family came to visit me and she is looking for someone too...Let me know if I can play matchmaker, LOL.

By the way...i saw your profile picture, and you are very handsome...so I don't see a problem when it comes to her liking you.
Yey, matchmaking! Fun!

Old 07-30-2008, 01:04 PM

333 posts, read 999,976 times
Quote:

Ok.. I'm game... we need to talk -

Old 07-30-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:

Sorry, I forgot my southern manners.....

Thanks for the compliment!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:24 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,980,808 times
you'd better call it a day because I can't even get anybody lol although a 70 year old gay man at church thought he had a chance with me...

Old 07-31-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
you'd better call it a day because I can't even get anybody lol although a 70 year old gay man at church thought he had a chance with me...
Never give up, never surrender!

Old 07-31-2008, 12:07 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,980,808 times
why

Quote:
Never give up, never surrender!

Old 07-31-2008, 12:13 PM

Life is to short to quit. The more you put in to it, the more you get out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships