Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 09:57 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What about taking a foreign language course? Learn an Asian language or Spanish. Or take some ethnic cooking classes. Then go grocery shopping in the ethnic markets. I think that it would help to get acquainted with their cultures first. Don't just try approaching Asian and Latino women just based on their looks. I think that they would appreciate a man that really enjoys their culture too. Also women that are in the 35-45 age bracket aren't going to be found in clubs. Meeting them during daylight hours would be best imo. Boston has a successful dating service where their clients only meet for lunch.

And if you manage to begin a friendship with a woman under the pretext of having her help you learn a language, try to stick with that agenda and go slowly into more. On another board, there was a 44 year old white guy that got a phone number from a Chinese woman using the excuse that he needed help learning Chinese. So he calls her up and they spend the afternoon walking around a shopping mall and having lunch. Then he buys her a pair of shoes and before they part ways, he gives her a little toy dragon as a gift. Then he's surprised when she's too busy to date him again. My take on the situation was that she was willing to spend time with him to help him with his Chinese while he could help her with her English. But she wasn't initially attracted to him physically. On his part, he was hoping that her giving him his phone number meant that she was willing to date him. But he was wrong. Anyway, Asian women warm up slowly and aren't really into fairy tale romances. If you compliment their looks too much, they'll think you only want sex and you'll could scare them off. lol. So be a gentleman around them and act consistently in order for them to learn to trust you.
I think MIU has given you some great feedback...the only thing I would offer is in the meantime, be yourself and the best that you can be...do what pleases you...travel...you meet the greatest people traveling.

Lots of luck
you sound like a marvelous, positive and diverse person...you shouldn't have any trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 11:24 AM

333 posts, read 999,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I think MIU has given you some great feedback...the only thing I would offer is in the meantime, be yourself and the best that you can be...do what pleases you...travel...you meet the greatest people traveling.

Lots of luck
you sound like a marvelous, positive and diverse person...you shouldn't have any trouble.
You are correct on both accounts: I am a good person, and, I have received lots of good advice - some of which I have already put to use.

I like the idea of the cooking and language classes, and have started looking for both in my area. As for travel, would love to find a travel partner
since I have a travel biz and travel cheap.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:42 PM

3 posts, read 5,016 times
Default Getting out of your rut...

Here's my advice,

Go on dating dating websites. Especially since you are a professional and are probably real busy with work and kids. Dating sites save you time and money on hooking up with someone you're not really good with.

The other thing that has helped is being more friendly when you're food shopping or getting gas or whatever. Say hello more often to women who attract you. And us guys can't be shy to say hello and ask a woman out for coffee or a drink. I suggest you just be a little bit more bold.. Good luck. Zane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships