Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2008, 09:22 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Many men nowadays don't want a traditional woman. There aren't that many of them around anymore, but men don't want that kind of woman; they want more of a partner who can make $$$.
If I was a man, I would want a traditional woman.
But then, some of my ideas are kindof old-fashioned, LOL.
Wanting more money is greed, pure and simple. the fastest car, the biggest flat screen TV, whatever...

I had to learn to cook, to do my laundry, to take care of myself.

What I miss is being with a female who like being intimate every now and again.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:44 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,637,620 times
I don't want any kids, so I definitely don't want a stay-at-home mom because that's out of the question. I want a driven career woman, and it's ok if her drive and ambition means she can't spend as much time with me -- I am busy, too. I like to see people who are driven to excel.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:07 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,764 times
If all women fell into those two preconceived and oversimplified categories, then:

Modern Woman would be for fun. The sex is easy and wild, she doesn't expect you to marry her just because you hooked up. She can afford to help pay for some of the dates, and if she's really successful she can go ahead and pay for most of them .

Traditional Woman would be more of the long-term type. She doesn't have a Little Black Book that is bigger than yours, she doesn't mind if you are the primary provider, and it would be easier to raise kids if you didn't have to juggle them between two full-time jobs.

That being said, not many women strictly fall into those two categories (how could they???) As beowulf said, there are women who have all of those attributes, and I suppose women who have none of them . I would probably go for a hybrid of the two, and I wouldn't consult my "Which-Category-Is-She?" book.

Nevertheless, hypotheticals are fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Wanting more money is greed, pure and simple. the fastest car, the biggest flat screen TV, whatever...

Wanting more money is greed?! Haha, then to quote Fox's advertising campaign from back in the day, "Greed is good!" I want as much money as I can get my hands on. The more, the merrier.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:14 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

The more money you make the more the government takes away, so who is greedy??

Old 11-01-2008, 10:17 PM

Just remember one important thing -- Don't steal. The government HATES competition!

Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Just remember one important thing -- Don't steal. The government HATES competition!
Sheesh, silly me...all along I've been teaching my kids " Thou shalt not steal" and I forgot about the government...I'll remember that one!

Old 11-01-2008, 11:56 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Many men nowadays don't want a traditional woman. There aren't that many of them around anymore, but men don't want that kind of woman; they want more of a partner who can make $$$.
If I was a man, I would want a traditional woman.
But then, some of my ideas are kindof old-fashioned, LOL.
So do I...she doesn't need to make money. I do.

Luckily, I already have that kind of relationship, and she controls the purse strings, not me. She has complete control over my money...because, really?, I don't care too much for money--money can't buy me love.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:50 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
The more money you make the more the government takes away, so who is greedy??
Not so much, it is only like that for 'wage-slaves'.

Once you learn how to itemize your tax filings, and begin doing some 'tax-planning', you usually stop paying income taxes.

Over 25% of American households do not pay income taxes.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:49 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
My husband is a dinosaur and he believes he should take care of his family. He has the highest respect for me and he is my best friend. We do everything together 24/7. I wouldn't want it any other way. We share most work. I still do most of the cooking, cleaning, and laundry since it would be scary if he did that. But he will do "anything" if I ask. After all, men aren't mind readers. Many women think they are.

I know he wouldn't want a modern woman. He also hates high maintenance women. He loves spending as much time with me as possible. With his ex he couldn't wait to get away from her so I'm glad "we are us."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships