Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know anyone over 45 who have never dated?
Yes, it is very common 3 7.32%
No, unless they are mentally ill, we have needs! 28 68.29%
How would I know? 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 03:26 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDavis View Post
Why do you suppose that people in these stories didn't choose that lifestyle or simply stopped caring after a while?
Talking with Steve I know that he wants to be intimate with a female.

But now he and I are both 'dirty old men' who should be ashamed of ourselves for desiring intimacy. Or so I have been told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 03:29 PM

874 posts, read 1,648,993 times
I think everyone here needs to get out more and off of the computer LOL jk... being a virgin at any age doesn't matter, but a relationship depends on if you care or not, gave up, aren't good lucking, aren't positive... etc. There shouldn't be a rush to get laid; sex is for marrriage/love. People abuse sex these days for dumb reasons.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:39 PM

88 posts, read 278,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Talking with Steve I know that he wants to be intimate with a female.

But now he and I are both 'dirty old men' who should be ashamed of ourselves for desiring intimacy. Or so I have been told.
Speaking for myself, I think the age to be bothered a lot about this has passed. Now it's just one more day and one grows so used to a certain way of life that the thought of change is impossible to bear.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
I think everyone here needs to get out more and off of the computer LOL jk... being a virgin at any age doesn't matter, but a relationship depends on if you care or not, gave up, aren't good lucking, aren't positive... etc. There shouldn't be a rush to get laid; sex is for marrriage/love. People abuse sex these days for dumb reasons.
That's a thing too personal and intimate to make broad statements like that.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:48 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDavis View Post
That's a thing too personal and intimate to make broad statements like that.
I agree.

With a broad statement like: "sex is for marrriage/love" you would be tempted to try reversing it. "marrriage is for sex/love" which we know is not how it works in real life.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 PM

If sex was just for marriage/love lots of people wouldn't have been born.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:14 AM

1 posts, read 3,528 times
Im 48 and never had a girlfriend although I have had really good girl friends who I have spent a lot of time with, but being overweight has really killed their interest in me sexually and I have become the friend and nothing else. im tall and pretty well educated, clued up and im told very funny, have taken cocaine and slept with hookers so im no angel but a proper girlfriend is the one thing that eludes me. Im now losing interest in even looking because im not really attracted to women my own age, the girl who I had spent most time with over the last few years was early twenties and sexy as hell. Probably just Gods little joke to **** with me. Im trying to lose the extra weight and maybe one day some girl will actually fancy me, but im not holding my breath.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:34 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
under current hedonistic thinking, --the chastity of joan of arc and mother teresa are forms of mental illness and need medication.

LMAO. Best post of the thread so far.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:16 AM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times
I don't know any females like that, but when I was a child, my parents had 2 gardeners who were brothers in their 40s who lived w/ their mother. Neither one of the brothers ever got married (or had kids) & just lived with their mother until she passed. The 2 brothers still live together & must be in their 70s by now. As far as if they ever dated, I have no idea.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:02 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,314,195 times
weird, i thought it would be more likely for a male to be in that situation than for a female
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships