Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know anyone over 45 who have never dated?
Yes, it is very common 3 7.32%
No, unless they are mentally ill, we have needs! 28 68.29%
How would I know? 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 01:13 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Put the Binoculars away!
Lol!!! Riiiigghhhhtttt!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 07:21 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,365 times
Can anyone think of any women over the age of 30 who have never had a boyfriend before? I doubt it, however, its not uncommon at all to hear of guys like that who have never had a girlfriend before

Old 07-02-2016, 08:04 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Can anyone think of any women over the age of 30 who have never had a boyfriend before? I doubt it, however, its not uncommon at all to hear of guys like that who have never had a girlfriend before
What difference does it make? Why try and make it a contest. No need to try and compete with whose crap sticks worse, it all stinks. Even if some people did give examples of women with dating issues or lack of experience, you probably wouldn't listen, then it would become "So? Men still have it worse." So, what was the point of the example(s)?

Women have given examples of women they know who have plenty of issues dating and don't have boyfriends in their 30s+. In other threads here. One poster here says she has a few girlfriends that are nice and pretty but never dated a man in their lives because all they are is nice, which is a bare minimum requirement.

At the end of the day, some men and women have issues with dating. And some either never date, or have very little experience.

Thing is, you just may not hear many women complaining about it online. Women, if they have issues may talk to family, girlfriends, or counselors. Whereas men may tend to vent online because they don't want their buddies to know, and it's anon. But. Online =/= Real Life. Just because you see a lot of something online doesn't means it's the majority. People are inclined to be more negative online because there's no repercussions. They can vent, complain, and bash with no problem and nobody knowing who they are.

Some men and women have their own set of problems. Maybe struggles aren't exactly the same, but doesn't mean either is less or greater. It's just a different kinds of struggle, but still a struggle nonetheless.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
What difference does it make? Why try and make it a contest. No need to try and compete with whose crap sticks worse, it all stinks. Even if some people did give examples of women with dating issues or lack of experience, you probably wouldn't listen, then it would become "So? Men still have it worse." So, what was the point of the example(s)?

Women have given examples of women they know who have plenty of issues dating and don't have boyfriends in their 30s+. In other threads here. One poster here says she has a few girlfriends that are nice and pretty but never dated a man in their lives because all they are is nice, which is a bare minimum requirement.

At the end of the day, some men and women have issues with dating. And some either never date, or have very little experience.

Thing is, you just may not hear many women complaining about it online. Women, if they have issues may talk to family, girlfriends, or counselors. Whereas men may tend to vent online because they don't want their buddies to know, and it's anon. But. Online =/= Real Life. Just because you see a lot of something online doesn't means it's the majority. People are inclined to be more negative online because there's no repercussions. They can vent, complain, and bash with no problem and nobody knowing who they are.

Some men and women have their own set of problems. Maybe struggles aren't exactly the same, but doesn't mean either is less or greater. It's just a different kinds of struggle, but still a struggle nonetheless.
Yup, I made that point before, maybe it is true that men are more at risk than women are at being perpetually single or women are less vocal, don't advertise it as much as men do, so yes, then there are women out there 30+ years of age who have been single their whole lives

Old 07-02-2016, 11:31 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Sure, I've known several.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:43 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Some people who have never dated might not have anything wrong with them some just prefer to be by themselves. Life can be easier when you only have yourself to think about.

Old 07-03-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Sure, I've known several.
Interesting to hear, ya like I said before, maybe women just don't advertise it as much as men do

Old 07-03-2016, 03:27 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Over 30 in my circle I can't think of one both genders

Old 07-03-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Over 30 in my circle I can't think of one both genders
Well obviously you don't know everyone, a couple were mentioned in this thread but not one of them being a woman who admitted it, just only a person who admitted that they know of

Old 07-03-2016, 03:46 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Well obviously you don't know everyone, a couple were mentioned in this thread but not one of them being a woman who admitted it, just only a person who admitted that they know of
Hence " in my circle " ......

3 guesses what that means mate?

Incidentally what's it matter to you who has had a boyfriend/girlfriend in their 30s anyway? FA to do with you or anyone else is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships