Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 06:42 PM

918 posts, read 1,643,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
About which part??
disagreeing with cpg being wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 04:07 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,560,806 times
Never mind. Time to let this one die.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:46 AM

104 posts, read 136,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Like what sort of challenge - trying to wake themselves from their coma that they will slip into?
Jeepgirl, I said SMART guys not somnolent guys.

Read carefully!

Old 12-02-2008, 06:51 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,168,867 times
Seriously, to me, this fiasco seems like a complete contradiction. Arguing over who is smarter? Really? Because, that in itself is pretty lame lol…

Okay…..continue with the self proclamations’ now S.W.A.P.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:57 AM

piperspal,

Well, Piper, do you have a better idea?

How ARE you going to verify that I am a genius?

How can you even become sure that I am NOT one?

This task you have undertaken is not easy!

You can't just ask me to scan in an IQ test. That can be forged too easily. Even if Mensa had a members list, how could I prove to you that I was the member I claim to be?

Its not like there's something you can do that proves I'm not a genius, either. Geniuses aren't perfect, so lack of perfection doesn't prove it. Geniuses make mistakes like anyone else - so even if I do something that is a mistake, that doesn't prove I am not a genius. Most geniuses aren't good at everything so even if you ask me to do something I can't do, that doesn't prove I am not a genius.

The only way to be sure is to see for yourself. If you don't think you can tell the difference between a genius and normal person, I suppose you could ask me to point out the differences.

But if you do that, don't scream that I am bragging when I answer you, okay?

Old 12-02-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Nice new act! How is acting so unaffected working for you? LOL
Meh. You're not even trying anymore. This is starting to bore me.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
For someone who cries foul and claims to have their 'feelings hurt' by the tiniest perceived slight
I never did. I merely reminded people that intelligent people have feelings too, and asked them to treat me with civility. Some intelligent people ARE very sensitive to criticism, so when I see someone running around insulting people just because they are intelligent, I feel that it is wrong and I stand up and say something about it.

Also, I regard it as important to carry one's self with respect and to demand basic respect from others.

Quote:
This rambling and elaborate dig at mrstewart seems the picture of hypocrisy esp.
That sort of zany ranting is what happens when you poke a bored genius who happens to be running on very little sleep. *Shrug* It was meant as a joke. I am not sure why it didn't make him laugh. If he was offended, this will have to be explained to me.

Quote:
This rambling and elaborate dig at mrstewart seems the picture of hypocrisy esp. coming from a self-proclaimed genius. Does the sword only cut one way?
Just because I am a genius doesn't mean I am perfect or omniscient. I said genIUS not JesUS. Now, if I had said I was JESUS, it would make sense for you to be all like "OMG the Jesus made fun of someone, this is not perfect, everyone quit believing in the Jesus!"

Gifted people are more likely to reach higher levels of moral development, but not all of them do - and we certainly aren't Jesus. Some smart people are sociopaths. Some become saints. Some geniuses do make fun of people. It doesn't make them any less smart, though it is very rude.

But that is not what happened at all.

What happened is that a bored geniUS came to your forum on very little sleep, found Mr. Stewart's post to be quite inspiring, and wrote a short story intending to make people laugh.

If Mr. Stewart is offended by my story that was inspired by his very funny idea of accusative self-martyrdom, then perhaps it is because he is taking his accusative self-martyrdom too seriously. Others would have said "Imitation is the highest form of flattery."

Had I assumed that he honestly did not realize that he was sentencing HIMSELF to the "exasperation" of reading my posts, I think THAT would be TEN TIMES as insulting.

I mean, if you accused me of something you had done TO yourself, and then I was like "Whoa that's SO INCREDIBLY FUNNY LETS RUN WITH IT!"

Wouldn't you be LESS offended than if I had said something like:

"OMG you totally did that to yourself and you THINK that *I* did it, how stupid!"

I did not call him stupid. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I said "That's SO INCREDIBLY FUNNY LETS RUN WITH IT!" It should have been a compliment!

And now he is angry.

Why is he angry about that - that he made a ridiculous accusation and I thought it was funny and ran with it?

Are you saying he seriously believes his accusation was REAL? Was he not joking? Do you believe he really SERIOUSLY believes he has no control over what topic he reads?

That IS insulting!

Quote:
based on things I have read in this thread I thought it best to make sure I made myself crystal clear.
If you won't state your reasons SPECIFICALLY, then I say it isn't true. I don't think you question my intelligence. I think you know I am smart and that is why you aren't citing any specific reasons to think I am not.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Does anyone else find it funny that, self proclaimed, geniuses are trying to convince us regular folk how great they are?

I really have to wonder about people who have to blow their own horn so loudly. Makes me wonder who they're trying to convnce us or themselves?

I am so glad my ego isn't tied up in a test score.
You keep accusing me of bragging, but NEVER EVER CITE A SINGLE SENTENCE from any of my posts at all to show this so-called bragging!

The perception that I am bragging is imaginary. In your own head only.

Empty words!

Old 12-02-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I'm so glad I'm normal. I don't want to live in a world where I size up my dates by whether or not I think I'm smarter than them. There are more important ways to size up dates
Ah, sigh, I wish I had the luxury of ignoring IQ.

If I were lucky like you are (I assume your intelligence level is in the normal range) and I had an IQ that 75% of the population was near to, then I would not think about intelligence either! I wouldn't have to. Everyone would ALREADY be near my intelligence level. They would ALREADY have compatible brains. There would be no occasion to notice any compatibility issue regarding intelligence! I could focus on love and not think about these things.

It is only when you are the odd one out that you have to start going "Why aren't my relationships working? What are these things that make me different? What is this difference called? How much of this difference do I have? How can I use my understanding of this difference to find others like me?" and end up analyzing it to figure out that you need someone who is in your intelligence range...

The reason you don't have to think about IQ is not because it is not important, but because IQ compatibility is already taken care of for you. Almost everyone is already compatible with you in terms of intelligence.

YOU ARE LUCKY TO NEVER HAVE TO EXPERIENCE THE LONELINESS THAT I DO.

Quote:
It must really suck to deal with people who are as picky as they are :lol
It sucks more to be one. Imagine if everyone was so different from you that you feel lonely everywhere you go. Imagine if you could never find any men who really inspired your affection or your "interest" if you know what I mean.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Their own selves, for sure. That's what makes it so amusing.
Name one instance where I attempted to CONVINCE anyone of my genius.

There have been none.

Quote:
Basically, the self-proclaimed genius has been smack-talking mainstream society
I did not do that.

Quote:
and expressing how she feels compelled to spare the actual geniuses from us bottom-dwelling female dumb@sses
I never said that.

Quote:
when technically, it's 'us' that they are really choosing to begin with.
I don't believe that for a second.

Quote:
The whole "singles ad" thread has just been one big slam from one very well-worded individual.
What are you interpreting as a slam? Quote it.

Quote:
Being well-worded does not amount to a hill of beans without anything to back it up.
This is what I keep telling you. Finally you are beginning to understand!

WHEN CRITICIZING ME USE, THE QUOTE BUTTON!

Quote:
Such as . . . personality, wit, character, style, grace. . .
I'll take the latter over a high IQ any day.
Be glad that what you seek is so common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships