Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do your partners looks matter THAT much?
YES - Looks are EVERYTHING!! 1 1.72%
Yes - A Bit Of Personality Helps 7 12.07%
Sorta - Important but not 'be all and end all'. 38 65.52%
No - Its whats inside that counts 12 20.69%
NO - IM BLIND! 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 06:24 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,363,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I feel your pain. I'm 39 and my goatee is starting to go seriously gray. I'm like WTF? I have jet black hair on my head. Mother nature is cruel indeed.
That's funny, 'cause I grew a full beard a couple years ago and everything was thick and black except for the hair on my chin. I shaved it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 06:29 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneee View Post
I think you make a very good point. Body hair is indicative of sexual maturity; that's why children don't have any! I can't imagine why it's suddenly become so necessary for men and women to remove it in order to be considered acceptable. I can only hope that this is a temporary trend because I don't think that anyone should have to endure the pain (and expense) of having their body hair ripped from their flesh. I applaud you for not giving in to those who set these ridiculous standards of beauty. They're probably laughing their a**es off at the stupid things they can get us to do.
I totally agree with Anneee. It is like women are supposed to look skinny like twiggy.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:45 PM

149 posts, read 762,363 times
My personal opinion is that people should be comfortable with whatever nature gave them. Some people are born hairy, and other's less so. But the fact is that everyone has at least some hair somewhere. And yet it is currently fashionable to be without. Just one more thing for us to be self-conscious about.

But considering women have had pressure from society for a century to remove armpit and leg and (more commonly) crotch hair, I can't say I have much sympathy for men who are now getting into the fad. I will say this to guys: if you expect me to shave then I expect you to shave; if you're fine with me being my natural self then I am fine with your natural hairy self. It's only fair.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:55 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
you sound awesome if you are a cuddly gorilla....so what zoo do you come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieboi View Post
LOL Gorilla i havnt had that one before. I may very well be but at least im a cuddly one

Old 10-11-2008, 07:58 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
I love this post and topic. A good natured and cuddly gorilla is a blessing and is cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
See? As long as the gorilla is good-natured and cuddly, I've no problem with it. Now a mean gorilla will be too much!

Old 10-11-2008, 08:13 PM

13 posts, read 26,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
you sound awesome if you are a cuddly gorilla....so what zoo do you come from?
HEHE im from the Australia Zoo.

Right next to the Kangaroo exhibit and across from the Koala cage

Old 10-11-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasape View Post
But considering women have had pressure from society for a century to remove armpit and leg and (more commonly) crotch hair, I can't say I have much sympathy for men who are now getting into the fad. I will say this to guys: if you expect me to shave then I expect you to shave; if you're fine with me being my natural self then I am fine with your natural hairy self. It's only fair.
Wow i never looked at it that way. I spose you are right in that its the mans turn to grab the wax from the cupboard.

So guys could learn alot from women about how to deal with societys spotlight. Guess thats why im here

Old 10-11-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I totally agree with Anneee. It is like women are supposed to look skinny like twiggy.
Unfortunatley WOMEN ARE supposed to look skinny and twiggy. And MEN ARE supposed to be slim and ripped.

We are all categorised by our looks and for some reason these looks may guage our successes in life.

AND I TOTALLY HATE IT!!!!!!

No wonder so many people are so insecure about their body image...

Old 10-12-2008, 12:38 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
The image of the stereotypical "hunk" has undergone some changes over the decades. The Brad Pitt look is in now(iguess) but how about Tom Sellek in the 80's? He's far from free of body hair and the women loved him. Same with Sam Elliot. And many women still consider this type of man to be attractive. The female stereotype now is the Carmen Electra type or maybe Britanny Spears(). But 20 or so years back Jaqueline Smith was "the bomb". And who can deny the downright feminine appeal of Jane Seymour or going back futher ( and still to this day) Sophia Loren. Verily beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. No one need feel self concious about their body if YOU are happy with it. These supermodel types should not be held up as a standard by which all folks are judged. I wouldn't want to look like any of them. I like my semi scruffy self just the way I is. Any way to each their own.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:22 AM

521 posts, read 1,629,507 times
I remember an ex-girlfriend told me that she could never be attracted to hairy dudes. Her explanation being, "we're long past the stoneage....throw on a sweater."

but I dont think us guys have a right to complain about how a "textbook hunk" has changed in womens perceptions.
After all, it is us guys that have created, and constantly recreate what the perfect woman should look like on tv, movies, magazines, advertisements etc. You cant tell me that you havent constantly oogled the girls of Maxim, young Pam Anderson, Angelina Jolie etc.

But overall, I think any guy can find a girl, hot girl, with the right attitude, regardless of his body hair. Gotta learn how to spit some game son!

Now your body mass, i.e. your shape, is a whole different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships