Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do your partners looks matter THAT much?
YES - Looks are EVERYTHING!! 1 1.72%
Yes - A Bit Of Personality Helps 7 12.07%
Sorta - Important but not 'be all and end all'. 38 65.52%
No - Its whats inside that counts 12 20.69%
NO - IM BLIND! 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:58 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times

Advertisements

im slim no hair some curves. you mean i spent all this time eating TV dinners because of some sort of terrible misunderstanding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 04:43 AM

283 posts, read 760,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Well I hate to get all Oprah on you but have you thought about starting a "grateful diary"?

An old couch you can share with the dog and you're not afraid to lie on it, get comfy and fall asleep. TV these days is crap, well especially free to air tv in this country, so all that straining to see on your small screen plus the banality that is aussie tv (you are in Aussie right?) is probably putting you to sleep anyway. If you've just worked all weekend you need your rest and everybody knows the best way to look good is to get your beauty sleep! Oh and if your frozen dinners are Lean Cuisine well their website says "The secret to looking and feeling good is to create a balance between the food you eat and the way you treat your body and soul." Besides even Liz Ellis will tell you they're the healthy choice so between that and the sleeping it's looking like you got the life there spyrals and you didn't even know it!

Man! Am I selling it?????

oh yeah! mmm sleep and frozen dinners... definitely something to aspire to :P yeah aussie free to air tv sucks, thank god for cable. i just think that it's a lot more fun and enjoyable to live a life where you dont have to worry about the bills every day but can concentrate on things like art, good food and good company

Old 10-14-2008, 05:33 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,904,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrals View Post
oh yeah! mmm sleep and frozen dinners... definitely something to aspire to :P yeah aussie free to air tv sucks, thank god for cable. i just think that it's a lot more fun and enjoyable to live a life where you dont have to worry about the bills every day but can concentrate on things like art, good food and good company
You don't have to have money to concentrate on and enjoy those things and there will always be bills. I know you probably won't believe me but it really is just a choice. Just like valueing and loving people for who they are and not how they look or what they own.

To be honest, having not had a good sleep in a while, I'm really quite envious of you there and I regularly enjoy frozen meals, have actually been craving getting back to my regular eating habits which is Lean Cuisine and veggies 4 or 5 nights a week. So those don't bother me either. I figure I'm better off than quite a lot of people in the world.
As for cable tv, well you can keep that. I'd much rather enjoy a book or a good conversation or radio than the endless slock on tv, either free to air or cable. On the odd occasion I watch the ABC and recently became addicted to the Home channel in the US but I can take tele or leave it and clearly I'm cured of my Home channel addiction.

Yeah, I guess ultimately it is a choice. You can focus on the things in life that you do enjoy and make time for them every day. Even small things.
Because ultimately we don't get a do over, this is a one shot gig, so why waste time lamenting the stuff you can't change or the mundane realities you will always have to deal with?

Old 10-14-2008, 07:39 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
you sound kinda hot. What do you mean "no hair" are you bald or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
im slim no hair some curves. you mean i spent all this time eating TV dinners because of some sort of terrible misunderstanding?

Old 10-14-2008, 07:41 PM

True I like a guy with hair and not a bone thin guy, but a thin guy with some muscles.....not really into the girly metrosexual thing.

Quote:
i think it's a total shame that hairless men are in fashion now. it's tragic. i hate the whole metrosexual weakling thing. i dont know why all of a sudden women want a guy who is skinny, hairless and meek. i'm in Sydney too actually and every time i go to an outdoor event i'm surrounded by all these hairless orange tanned guys and i think what a shame. once in a while you'd see a guy with some chest hair without his shirt off and it's so refreshing. don't know why that is, except i think that it's just a fashion cycle and soon you'll see beards and chest hair coming back into fashion. maybe when you're in your 30s you'll be in vogue!

Last edited by artsyguy; 10-14-2008 at 07:55 PM..

Old 10-14-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
True I like a guy with hair and not bone thin.....not really into the metrosexual thing.
artsy, the whole "hunks with curves" description kinda bothers me. i don't associate men with curves, its just all wrong!! women can be curvy. men are more bulky or something. i dont know, it's just weird but it doesnt seem to bother anyone else

Old 10-14-2008, 07:46 PM

What are "hunks with curves"? Any examples! I hope John Goodman is not an example.

I like guys to have small hips.

Quote:
artsy, the whole "hunks with curves" description kinda bothers me. i don't associate men with curves, its just all wrong!! women can be curvy. men are more bulky or something. i dont know, it's just weird but it doesnt seem to bother anyone else

Last edited by artsyguy; 10-14-2008 at 07:55 PM..

Old 10-14-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
You don't have to have money to concentrate on and enjoy those things and there will always be bills. I know you probably won't believe me but it really is just a choice. Just like valueing and loving people for who they are and not how they look or what they own.

To be honest, having not had a good sleep in a while, I'm really quite envious of you there and I regularly enjoy frozen meals, have actually been craving getting back to my regular eating habits which is Lean Cuisine and veggies 4 or 5 nights a week. So those don't bother me either. I figure I'm better off than quite a lot of people in the world.
As for cable tv, well you can keep that. I'd much rather enjoy a book or a good conversation or radio than the endless slock on tv, either free to air or cable. On the odd occasion I watch the ABC and recently became addicted to the Home channel in the US but I can take tele or leave it and clearly I'm cured of my Home channel addiction.

Yeah, I guess ultimately it is a choice. You can focus on the things in life that you do enjoy and make time for them every day. Even small things.
Because ultimately we don't get a do over, this is a one shot gig, so why waste time lamenting the stuff you can't change or the mundane realities you will always have to deal with?
your philosophy does not go well with my shoe addiction. you know what i want from life? i want to do the best things in life that are free in stylish and expensive settings

Old 10-14-2008, 07:50 PM

746 posts, read 2,176,682 times
Guys, don't shave your body hair! There is nothing sexier than a chest full of curly hair just begging to be run through by a womans fingers.
At the same time, don't expect me to diet just to look like a stick figure. I have curves in all the right places and most men seem to like them just fine.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:59 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,904,686 times
Quote:
your philosophy does not go well with my shoe addiction.
My philosophy doesn't sit well with my shoe addiction either but I've learned to rationalize that!

Quote:
you know what i want from life? i want to do the best things in life that are free in stylish and expensive settings
ha! Don't we all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships