Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 02:35 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,245,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Just because people are "trashy and Ignorant" doesnt mean you wouldnt enjoy their company. They just might be some of the nicest people you ever meet. Ill take "trashy and ignorant" over mean and nasty any day. I wish I had some nice trashy ignorant inlaws instead of the mean nasty ones I have.

We may have the same inlaws
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 02:36 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times
I'm sorry but trashy, ghetto and ignorant are not people I want to be around. I understand your popint but let's be real..............

Quote:
Just because people are "trashy and Ignorant" doesnt mean you wouldnt enjoy their company. They just might be some of the nicest people you ever meet. Ill take "trashy and ignorant" over mean and nasty any day. I wish I had some nice trashy ignorant inlaws instead of the mean nasty ones I have.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:47 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
We may have the same inlaws
You poor thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I'm sorry but trashy, ghetto and ignorant are not people I want to be around. I understand your popint but let's be real..............
Thats because you are young and single and have not had to deal with any really toxic inlaws. Trust me. Once you have had a dose of the inlaws from Hell a little trash wont bother you in the least.

But maybe Im misunderstanding. Define trashy ghetto and ignorant.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:55 PM

WOW........I think just about everyone in this thread understands what my point is. I was asking a hypothetical question. Let's not get bent out of shape.

And for the record, A little trash WOULD bother me! Have I ever been around trash,YES....and I don't like it. Because I don't like being around trash that makes me "young". How foolish is that.

It sounds like you feel insulted because I don't want to be around trashy people. Well shame on me.........you won't get any appologies from me.

Quote:

Thats because you are young and single and have not had to deal with any really toxic inlaws. Trust me. Once you have had a dose of the inlaws from Hell a little trash wont bother you in the least.

But maybe Im misunderstanding. Define trashy ghetto and ignorant.

Last edited by Ron.; 10-30-2008 at 03:07 PM..

Old 10-30-2008, 03:00 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,738,199 times
Quote:
WOW........I think just about everyone in this thread understands what my point is. I was asking a hypothetical question. Let's not get bent out of shape.

And for the record, A little trash WOULD bother me! Have I ever been around trash,YES. And I don't like it. Because I don't like being around rash that makes me "young". How foolish is that.

It sounds like you feel insulted because I don't want to be around trashy people. Well shame on me.........you won't get any appologies from me.
The old adage is true: You also marry the family, so if you don't want your kids to pick up habits, don't marry the person. I have friends who are bordering on divorce right now because of one's parents. He allows his mother to mistreat his wife, and his wife has had it.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:20 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,996 times
Quote:

And for the record, A little trash WOULD bother me! Have I ever been around trash,YES. And I don't like it. Because I don't like being around rash that makes me "young". How foolish is that.

WOW yourself. I was not bent out of shape.. What the Hell is wrong with you. I stated my opinion and I asked a simple quesion. Because just maybe we werent talking about the same thing. I grew up really poor so maybe I have a different outlook. I dont know your background.

And no I dont feel insulted cause you dont want to hang out with certain people. I was just pointing out that maybe you might be missing out on meeting some really nice people cause you were prejudging them.

No apology needed. Be who you want to be. Makes no difference to me.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:35 PM

Bingo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilia_rose View Post
i dont know your background.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:38 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,441,486 times
Well Ron, I hope you are extremely fortunate when you fall head over heels in love. And I'm not being sarcastic. We can only hope for the best. LOL

Old 10-30-2008, 03:40 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
Take the high road and inform and educate and culture them......if they don't want to fit in then avoid them on most occasions...

Quote:
I am a single guy and I am a picky guy as it relates to the type of women I want to deal with. Hell, I'm like that with all people.

Anyway, one thing that I think about is what if I meet a young lady that I really like and I decide I want to marry her but her family is down right trashy and ignorant.

If my "wife" and I decide to have children how do I tell my wife I don't want my child to be around your family nor do I want your family in our home.

Let's say we don't have children but I just don't want to be around her family or visit them because tey live in "rough" areas and they are a very "colorful" group.

(vice versa)

How do people handle this situation?

Old 10-30-2008, 03:45 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Make 'cool family' one of your must haves when looking for a partner.
Maybe it's just the culture I was raised in, but we always say you marry the whole family. And you're all stuck with each other - which is supposed to be a good thing b/c you create a more powerful unit...but I can see how that could be a burden if you fall in with the wrong crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships