Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 03:12 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,661,592 times

Advertisements

I've dated chicks who were an inch taller than me (I'm 5' 7") and they asked me if I had any problem with it and I said no. That was the end of that discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 04:09 AM

272 posts, read 640,921 times
C for those options but make him 6 ft or above

Old 07-23-2010, 04:55 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,307,155 times
It's not the height. If he has all the aforementioned qualities, and he looks sturdy enough to handle some good fun, he's worth a try.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:39 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,418,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
It's not the height. If he has all the aforementioned qualities, and he looks sturdy enough to handle some good fun, he's worth a try.
Yes, I agree. It is very important that a man be able to handle a long day at a roller coaster park.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:46 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,307,155 times
I had a different kind of fun in mind, but it's a PG rated forum.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:51 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,248,651 times
Okay, so basically every female has said that she would at least like the guy to be as tall, and preferably taller than her.

If you asked the same question about income, we'd have the same results, at least the same, preferably more.

So why is it supposed to be okay for guys that he's going to have to accept that he's going to be with a woman who is most likely to be shorter than him and makes less money?

Why is it only okay for women to have such standards, and if a guy had some standards re: thinness, boobs, he's suddenly a pig?

double standard much?

Old 07-23-2010, 06:55 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,262,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Okay, so basically every female has said that she would at least like the guy to be as tall, and preferably taller than her.

If you asked the same question about income, we'd have the same results, at least the same, preferably more.

So why is it supposed to be okay for guys that he's going to have to accept that he's going to be with a woman who is most likely to be shorter than him and makes less money?
Because it is! Take that argument to court, in case you really go there!

Quote:
Why is it only okay for women to have such standards, and if a guy had some standards re: thinness, boobs, he's suddenly a pig?
I don't believe every woman says so. I for one don't have a problem with men having their own standards.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:59 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,248,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
I was teasing about short guys earlier. I would have liked Al Pacino and Charles Bronson in their primes. They're both pretty short, right? Or maybe The Love God!

YouTube - Don Knotts is The Love God?

Mister Peacock
Mister Peacock
You're so groovy
Mister Peacock

If they worked in a server room and weren't rich celebrities, would you still be interested?

Old 07-23-2010, 09:36 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,418,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
I had a different kind of fun in mind, but it's a PG rated forum.
Well thank you for being crude. I'm 6'2" and "sturdy," but I like ladies.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:24 AM

855 posts, read 1,386,836 times
As a shorter guy who stands 5'5 on my best day, I have no problems asking out taller women. One poster in this thread made a valid point about short women. These shorter ladies usually have more issues with a man's height and most of them require a man to be at least 6'0 to date. A guy that's 5'10 is somewhat acceptable to them but not as desirable as a man 6'0 and over. Not all taller women are comfortable with shorter guys IMO. There are women in the 5'10 + range who flatly refuse to deviate below the 6'0 requirement. It is believable that some of these super tall ladies have less issues about a man's height, but I find the ladies my height and slightly taller, 5'6 to 5'8 have the same height requirements and issues as the shorter ladies. Nothing less than 6'0 to board this ride according to many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships