Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2010, 11:54 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,360,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I don't think there is a way to really scientifically guess height. My mom is 5'2" and my dad is 6'0"

My youngest brother is 6'3", I'm 6'2" and my middle brother is 6'1". You'd think one of us would be under 5'10"?????
I find this extremely unusual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 11:57 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,429,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I find this extremely unusual.
I don't know enough about genetics to know if it is or isn't.

My paternal grandfather was 5'10"
My paternal great grandfather was 6'3
My grandma's dad on my dad's side was supposedly like 6'6"

My maternal grandfather was only 5'6"
And nobody else knows much more back because they were adopted young when his dad killed himself at the start of the Depression

Old 07-22-2010, 12:04 PM

881 posts, read 1,115,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I hope you're right, but it sure doesn't sound like it to me.

I am just a little gaga, and haven't been that way in eons, is all.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:23 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,528,900 times
Some posting about short men...funny if you like dark humor: http://www.ubersite.com/m/97388

Old 07-22-2010, 12:41 PM

9,929 posts, read 13,964,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleEntendre View Post
Scenario: You are at a bar sitting next to a guy and he starts engaging you in conversation. He is very attractive, articulate, extremely interesting, well dressed, and has a decent job. At some point you both stand up from your seats and take note of his height in relation to yours. Given the following 3 height observations, how likely are you to go on a date with him if he were to ask and you were available (oh, and you are wearing whatever type of shoes it is you would typically wear to go out...flats, pumps, sneakers, high-heels, stilettos, etc...):

A: He is 1 to 2 inches shorter than you.

B: He is the exact same height as you.

C: He is 1 to 2 inches taller than you.
I'm nothing if not honest!

A. No way in hell! For that scenario, he'd have to be a member of The Lollipop Guild.

B. Nope!

C. No! He'd still be way too short for me.

I like 'em 5'10"-6'2", dumb as a post, and with the kind of feet they could waterski barefoot.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:41 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,254,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
Considering I'm only 4'11, we'd look like a couple lil munchkins with options A & B!!!!

I honestly don't mind shorter guys and I married a 5'7 guy, but my "ideal" is about 5'11.
note your concerns are based in what other people think. Who cares that you might appear to look like munchkins to other people? Why is that so important to you? Why do you care so much about what others think?

Why would a man want to be with a woman a full foot shorter than him? It would hurt his neck.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:46 PM

9,929 posts, read 13,964,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
note your concerns are based in what other people think. Who cares that you might appear to look like munchkins to other people? Why is that so important to you? Why do you care so much about what others think?

Why would a man want to be with a woman a full foot shorter than him? It would hurt his neck.

You would have to ask the men? I'm 5'3" and I like tall men. Interestingly enough they have all pursued me, or they at least thought they did.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:57 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,028,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post

Because they're like Christmas elves. C'mon, who doesn't like Christmas elves? Better than parfait!

Old 07-22-2010, 01:00 PM

389 posts, read 779,536 times
If people are gonna get together, they should be no more than 5 or 6 inches taller or shorter than each other. A full foot is way too much of a difference. Sex would be painful (in a bad way.)

Jessie

Old 07-22-2010, 01:02 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,429,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
If people are gonna get together, they should be no more than 5 or 6 inches taller or shorter than each other. A full foot is way too much of a difference. Sex would be painful (in a bad way.)

Jessie
Thank the Lord, that you have no way to enforce that weird viewpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships