Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 11:12 AM

973 posts, read 3,305,191 times

Advertisements

My hubby and I like to crack on each other. Over the years, we've come up with some good, off-the-cuff responses that were just clean fun.

I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.................

1. One day last week, hubby comes home and says, "Honey, the man of your dreams is here!" I came running around the corner, smiling broadly, looking everywhere but him and say "Where? Where?"

2. I was excitedly watching a show on the Discovery Channel about Dog-Sledding one day. Hubby was in the other room and I holler at him to hurry up and come see what's on TV. He strolls in and I am happily pointing at the TV and proudly announce that THAT is what I want to do on our next vacation. He looks at the TV, watches for a second and says "What? You want to pull a sled?"

Okay, let's here the Zingers you and your honey have gotten each other with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 11:17 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
We don't exchange zingers like that.

I think the worst thing I ever said was several years ago. Almost always, I clean the kitchen after dinner. Now, I'm not Martha Stewart, but I can cook and clean, especially since my wife typically works until 6 or so.

For some reason, Mrs. CPG was in a bad mood, and kept nit-picking things. She wasn't liking how I packed the dishwasher. She wasn't liking this. She wasn't liking that. Finally, in exasperation, she said, "I just want you to clean the kitchen the way I would."

To that, I turned and said, "Oh. You mean occasionally?"

She never nitpicked my cleaning again.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:20 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,728,348 times
YES! I am a huge smart ass....she is too...but not as much as she thinks she is. I love busting on her...and like it when she finally gets me...ahhaa

I can't think of an example right now though.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:04 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,534,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
We don't exchange zingers like that.

I think the worst thing I ever said was several years ago. Almost always, I clean the kitchen after dinner. Now, I'm not Martha Stewart, but I can cook and clean, especially since my wife typically works until 6 or so.

For some reason, Mrs. CPG was in a bad mood, and kept nit-picking things. She wasn't liking how I packed the dishwasher. She wasn't liking this. She wasn't liking that. Finally, in exasperation, she said, "I just want you to clean the kitchen the way I would."

To that, I turned and said, "Oh. You mean occasionally?"

She never nitpicked my cleaning again.
Nice!

I have nothing that compares with that.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:54 PM

809 posts, read 2,884,857 times
hahaha!!!!!!! Oh MAN this is like me and my boyfriends FAVORITE activity!

I once grabbed his glasses off his face to see what it looked like to see through them (to see if they were really that bad) and as I'm wearing them I say "WHOA I don't even need to get DRUNK, I'll just put these on once in awhile!"

He volleys back and says "Why don't you go play in traffic", but then points in the WRONG direction of where the road is.....

So I look at him all sheepish and say.... "GEE, I guess you really DO need these!"

HAHA!!! Oh there are so many more. This is like our fav thing to do. just poke fun just for fun :P

Old 11-11-2008, 03:48 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
She picks on me in the store...letting me have the CHANGE portion, while keeping the bills for herself...

and she chitchats about that with the cashier...meanwhile, I often try to sneak items into the cart that she didn't have on her list...

Okay, it's not verbal zingers...even though we're both very sarcastic...but we do pick on each other!

Old 11-11-2008, 04:56 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,527 times
This is twisted but it's just how I am.

One day my ex husband came to me and said, "look, I've got a gray hair in my mustache". I said, " let me pluck it out", of course his eyes got really big and he resisted, but I told him, "it wouldn't hurt because I will simultaneously pluck out a testicle hair too", so the pain from that will nullify the pain from your mustache"...lol...I'm sorry I'm laughing here...lmbo...anyway, he didn't go for it, but it was pretty hilarious watching him run away from me holding his manjunk, and screaming "NOOOOOOO...you're not plucking my B***S" !!! He...he...he !!!

Old 11-11-2008, 04:59 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
The wife mocks my accent. Each time I tell her: "let me tell you something" she snaps back and says: "yoo tel mee somting".

Old 11-12-2008, 01:57 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,058,817 times
I constantly do this type of stuff not only to my hubby, but to my friends and family as well. I can't help it, being a smart arse is in my blood!

Old 11-12-2008, 11:29 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,728,348 times
The first day I meant my girl....was at work.
She said something to me or to a mutual friend at work about me while I was there...and she was trying to be cute to get my attention.
It was like an intimidation thing or something and I put my hands out and wiggled my fingers and said "oooooooooh", as in I am scared.

Apparently she got soo pissed and thought I was a jerk.
Later that day or another day, she said something about my Cubs jersey and I snapped and said "What, you gotta problem with the Cubs?"...messing around...

the rest is history.

Now we make fun of eachother...I'm anything bear related because I'm 6' and husky, love the Cubs, snore like a bear, yawn in a bear-like noise.

We went camping this year and I had to take a squat behind a tree....she took a pic and showed everyone as she said "Look we saw a bear"

It's okay, I call her a Hippo....she does this thing with her nose when she laughs...her nostrils flare in and out...and I thought of a hippo...little did I realize hippos move their ears when getting out of water...but it stuck since she is thick and has a temper on her.

Her new thing is snorting...apparently I can make her laugh so good she snorts...it's like we took our jokes to the next level...or she just really lets herself loose and has a good time. Makes me happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships