Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:06 AM

37,644 posts, read 46,052,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well the site if Plentyoffish and it depends what area you live in....larger pop centers = more hits. She did say most of her emails were instant-deletes from creeps or people WAY out of her age range.

One gal on POF I have chatted with is basically a blonde bombshell...killer picture...she has >100 "favorites" but says the vast majority are not even remotely dateable.

POF...hmmm ....is that really a serious dating site? I heard it was really more for just..."causal" friendships. How long have you been on there? Just curious...I've never known anyone to use any sites other than on the big 3 (Match, Yahoo, and eharmony).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 11:26 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,547,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
No advice on this one. I'd be curious to hear people's opinions as well as this strictly-American concept has always been mind-boggling to me...

Ok...based on what the OP stated...very clearly I might add....what is this stictly-American concept that you speak of?
Wanting to openly date more than one person?
Not wanting to lead people on?
Not wanting to hurt someone?

I guess I don't get where you're coming from with this comment.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:40 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,202,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
I guess I don't get where you're coming from with this comment.
Well, I'm not aware at least of any other place where it's customary to juggle a few people at a time, but since we're known for being "efficient" here, it makes sense...

Old 11-11-2008, 11:45 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,343,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well the site if Plentyoffish and it depends what area you live in....larger pop centers = more hits. She did say most of her emails were instant-deletes from creeps or people WAY out of her age range.

One gal on POF I have chatted with is basically a blonde bombshell...killer picture...she has >100 "favorites" but says the vast majority are not even remotely dateable.
Yes, I'm referring to POF since I knew that's the one you were talking about. I only signed up with that one a couple weeks ago and like your friend, my few contacts were all pretty much instant deletes. My impression of that site is the guys there really are there to "fish" and see what they can reel in. Guys like you MG are in the minority on there. I'm currently e-mailing one guy from eharmony and one from match.com but will probably take a (financial) break from the online world once my current subscriptions expire.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:54 AM

78,502 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
POF...hmmm ....is that really a serious dating site? I heard it was really more for just..."causal" friendships. How long have you been on there? Just curious...I've never known anyone to use any sites other than on the big 3 (Match, Yahoo, and eharmony).
Yeah POF is a serious dating site. I've met women there that have on-line dated extensively and say that Match and POF are the best actually. (Results may vary geographically) I have been on there about 7weeks or so but just started using it more heavily in the past 2 weeks.

Happy to answer any other questions via PM if you want more details etc.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:31 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,547,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, I'm not aware at least of any other place where it's customary to juggle a few people at a time, but since we're known for being "efficient" here, it makes sense...

Ahhhh, yet another all emcompassing generalization.....I get it

Old 11-11-2008, 12:48 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,191,969 times
Where there's one person who you just can't stand to not be around. When you want to call her umpteen times a day. That's when.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,202,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
Ahhhh, yet another all emcompassing generalization.....I get it
Well, unless the online world has changed other places somewhat lately, it's a fact, not a generalization. We have some people from abroad on the forum. Perhaps they can chime in.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:37 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,688,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You SHOULD be on a poster....with a big red line crossed though your picture.
You gave me the laugh of the day with that one. LOL!!

Now why would you want a big red line drawn though my photo?

There is nothing wrong with dating casually. I'm not looking to get married on the second date.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:46 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,688,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim69 View Post
Women try to get what they cannot have. It's a mental challenge thing to them, because women are emotional at the core. If you desire to see lots of women, then telling them you are not exclusive will work for most of them, meaning that it will give them full disclosure that you are not looking for anything special at this time. However, the adventurous among them (and you will not be able to discern this soon unless they are also verbal) will stick to your words like accepting a challenge to change you. Women love to try and change men. Oh yeah.

Word to the wise. Use protection and see that she does as well. Guard your financial future. Happy hunting.

PS: Don't do what I did in college-dating a mother and her daughter-when their last names are the same, beware. You do not want that confrontation!
I call it the lowest common denominator theory. Women always take the worse guy they can. It's a challenge. If you have a man that has a decent life and is a gentleman, well, there is no challenge in that. They want a wild, unhinged man to tame him.

Women always say they want the nice guy, but they don't. It's all lies!!

I always wanted to do the mother-daughter thing, btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships