Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2010, 10:26 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Well, what was your expression like? I know most men probably don't realize this, but when you look at us like your mentally undressing us and bending us over. . . it is slightly uncomfortable. It tends to make me feel very vulnerable (which if I'm with the guy, isn't a bad thing lol, but with strangers I don't like it).
Hi mango tango,

Its uncomfortable indeed if the potential offspring would likely have exterior oozing mucosae. Perhaps every man who has failed to see this perspective ought to wear a short kilt under a rainbow flag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 01:01 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I know most men probably don't realize this, but when you look at us like your mentally undressing us and bending us over. . . it is slightly uncomfortable.
Do you lick your lips when this happens? Be careful you aren't subliminally encouraging them!

Old 06-18-2010, 03:03 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
I've seen a lot of really crabby unattractive women too so I dunno I just think women in America in general are unfriendly. I'm sure my gender is partially to blame for that...but women shouldn't treat all men the same way just because of a few creepers.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:54 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Hmmmm. There are many reasons why people in general, not just "attractive" people act unfriendly(I've had people who were not physically attractive per say act just as cold and unfriendly and cruel to me as well) It could come from anything.

It would take me a lot of space and time to list each reason.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I've seen both friendly and unfriendly attractive people, but the same goes for people of all attractiveness levels. And when they seem unfriendly, I just give them their space. They obviously aren't currently in the mood to talk to anyone, let alone a complete stranger.

I don't see what the point of this thread is. Not everyone is in the mood to be friendly and talkative 24/7. If anything, women who are really attractive are tired of being hit on by random strange men. Just because you want to meet them, doesn't meet that they want to meet you. Finding a boyfriend, new boyfriend or a hookup isn't on their minds 24/7, so respect their private space and just back off from them. The original post seems more like sour grapes to me, that the O.P. is disappointed that attractive women aren't falling all over themselves to be friendly to him. Get over yourself.

This thread is not much different from the ones complaining about the difficulty of various interracial relationships. Like why don't ___ race men approach ___ race women. Not everyone is on some constant hunt for a mate. Surprise! They have other thoughts on their minds like work issues, paying the bills and what to do with their family and friends. Just because you think that you're attractive and sending out signals that you're single, not everyone that looks at you is sizing you up for a date.

Aw, I have girls falling all over me. Seriously. But then again, I often have that cold look on my face. (This comes from being messed with, pushed around and bullied a lot in the town I stay in)

I have this look on my face in order to try to give others the idea that

1. They shouldn't mess with me

2. I don't have much time for B.S.

A lot of times, "attractive women" are at least trying to get to know me. What really gets me is that I look "tore up from the floor up raggedy."

I can't say it is personality either because I have adopted a mean look on my face recently.

The only thing I could say is that it could be either my height (at least 6'0,) or the fact that I'm not drooling puddles and ogling them when they walk by.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:06 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,350 times
Ok, I am going to speak on the matter. I am sure I will be touted as cocky or high on himself, etc, etc. I am willing to write this to maybe shed some light.

Background info. I was a model for about four years. I didn't get fired or not have any more work, I got tired of the industry and I got my bachelors degree in business science. Anyhow.

What I've noticed from my own experiences is that sometimes good looking people get tired of being looked at. Even guys do. Now, I know I will probably really miss that because sometimes it can be flattering but at this point, no. Sometimes you can feel the eyes on you. Then if you happen to look somewhere, someone is starring at you. Now, don't get me wrong I am not complaining. That is just what it has been like.

So sometimes you become very hyper aware of your surroundings. You sense people are starring and sometimes it can be annoying. Sometimes you just wish no one was looking so that you could pick your nose or something. Lol.

Having said that. Me myself, I am very friendly to everyone. I don't care how much money you have, or what you look like. I have had to become like this. I have noticed that even people who know me will sometimes refrain from saying hi unless I do. It get's old. So I have just become accustomed to being very nice to people, yet still if I don't see someone for a month or two, they become shy around me again. There isn't much I can do about that. I was born the way I am, and I take no credit for it.

Last but not least. People have this idea that beautiful people are always being asked out, etc, etc. Not true. I see girls all the time. That will stare at me forever, and try to drop every subtle hint that they are interested yet will never approach me. I almost always have to be the one who initiates the contact. The reality is that I am so easy going. If someone had the courage to come up to me, if I didn't like them like that, I would let them down very gently. I care about not hurting others. Most of the few girls in my life who have approached me they themselves were very good looking. Like in the same type of league. And I have found that they have shared many of the same situations.

I was always under the impression that the slightly better than average-good but not great looking people get more people to come up to them. Don't get me wrong. I know when girls are interested. I can sense it from them. They usually stare and act like there little heart goes flutter when you enter the room. But that doesn' t mean that they will ever approach me.

Once again. I don't mean this to sound cocky. It is what it is. I am just saying that what people think is a benefit is not always. And their are some downfalls. Don't get me wrong, I am by no means complaining. Just trying to shed light from a different perspective.

Too lazy to edit, so I appologize if it was sloppy.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Ok, I am going to speak on the matter. I am sure I will be touted as cocky or high on himself, etc, etc. I am willing to write this to maybe shed some light.

Background info. I was a model for about four years. I didn't get fired or not have any more work, I got tired of the industry and I got my bachelors degree in business science. Anyhow.

What I've noticed from my own experiences is that sometimes good looking people get tired of being looked at. Even guys do. Now, I know I will probably really miss that because sometimes it can be flattering but at this point, no. Sometimes you can feel the eyes on you. Then if you happen to look somewhere, someone is starring at you. Now, don't get me wrong I am not complaining. That is just what it has been like.

So sometimes you become very hyper aware of your surroundings. You sense people are starring and sometimes it can be annoying. Sometimes you just wish no one was looking so that you could pick your nose or something. Lol.

Having said that. Me myself, I am very friendly to everyone. I don't care how much money you have, or what you look like. I have had to become like this. I have noticed that even people who know me will sometimes refrain from saying hi unless I do. It get's old. So I have just become accustomed to being very nice to people, yet still if I don't see someone for a month or two, they become shy around me again. There isn't much I can do about that. I was born the way I am, and I take no credit for it.

Last but not least. People have this idea that beautiful people are always being asked out, etc, etc. Not true. I see girls all the time. That will stare at me forever, and try to drop every subtle hint that they are interested yet will never approach me. I almost always have to be the one who initiates the contact. The reality is that I am so easy going. If someone had the courage to come up to me, if I didn't like them like that, I would let them down very gently. I care about not hurting others. Most of the few girls in my life who have approached me they themselves were very good looking. Like in the same type of league. And I have found that they have shared many of the same situations.

I was always under the impression that the slightly better than average-good but not great looking people get more people to come up to them. Don't get me wrong. I know when girls are interested. I can sense it from them. They usually stare and act like there little heart goes flutter when you enter the room. But that doesn' t mean that they will ever approach me.

Once again. I don't mean this to sound cocky. It is what it is. I am just saying that what people think is a benefit is not always. And their are some downfalls. Don't get me wrong, I am by no means complaining. Just trying to shed light from a different perspective.

Too lazy to edit, so I appologize if it was sloppy.

You're being cocky!!! and sloppy!!!! BOOOOOO!!!!

Nah, I see where you are coming from.

In my case it is because I "look suspicious."

If you are going to live in a rich folk area, don't be poor.

I was obviously kidding about the cocky and sloppy part, but...

How dare you be so good lookin!! I'm ugly and you're beautiful!!! You Suck!!!!

That's pretty much what you are going to get.

But I say, enjoy yourself work what you got, and don't let the haters get you down. (this is from an ugly friend as well)

(To the haters,) be happy with what you have and don't resent others for what they have that you don't.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:58 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,242,109 times
I know some attractive people that are very friendly people. However, I would say that most aren't pleasant because they don't have to be pleasant. They're used to getting whatever they want based upon their looks.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:28 PM

For me, most people in general aren't pleasant.

I've dealt with "unattractive" people who were at least as cruel as the attractive people.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:23 PM

155 posts, read 283,189 times
you can't say that about every one you say are ''very attractive'' if you have not met all the ''very attractive'' people in the world
and i use quote on quotes because people have different opinions of what they find attractive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships