Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 11:06 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,991,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibioiniui View Post
I had a friend who once made friendly conversation with a stranger. She thought nothing of it. An hour or two later, he approaches her, begging her to follow him into his bed, and would not leave her alone until a stranger stepped in and forced him to back off.

Yeah, that was an extreme case (maybe), but the attractive women I know put on the stonewall face to avoid instances like that. Most men (especially the types who seem to post on this forum) wouldn't understand what its like to be a decently attractive female with just a normal, friendly personality. God, even this forum proves that guys are really just looking for a chance to ask any female who "shows some interest" out, instead of just having friendly conversation like two human beings, and god forbid, maybe just becoming nothing more than friends. It's telling that the term "friend zone" even exists - as if one should never seek a friendship with the opposite sex unless they want something more.

I tend to feel bad for attractive women who tend to be a bit outgoing naturally, especially the intelligent ones. Experience has turned the into masters of the stone face. Even being accompanied by other men doesn't help in some cases.
Dont feel sorry for them. They get things in life that you have to work for. Pretty women have things put on a platter and presented to them...jobs to grades...to people helping them out...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 11:35 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Dont feel sorry for them. They get things in life that you have to work for. Pretty women have things put on a platter and presented to them...jobs to grades...to people helping them out...
I'm not a pretty girl and people help me out often.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:36 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
This is the biggest myth ever. Some of the nicest women I've ever met were beautiful and some of the meanest ones were ugly
Yeah, it's an individual thing.

I wouldn't even call it a "myth"....because the only place I've ever heard it is here, on City Data lol.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
I'm not a pretty girl and people help me out often.
Maybe you are a natural charmer...if you had that personality with a pair of sweater puppies youd get more help.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:44 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,950,949 times
Didn't read the thread, don't have to.

You're wrong.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:47 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,121,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Maybe you are a natural charmer...if you had that personality with a pair of sweater puppies youd get more help.
I can't imagine Capt Jack with "sweater puppies"....Just sayin. And you sound alittle bitter for some reason. Or maybe it's just me.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:50 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,950,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
This is a trend that I think I just noticed.

Most very attractive people (young adults in particular) seem to have a near-permanent stone-faced expression on their face in public. They either never say anything or never say much and come across to me as very-unfriendly.

Being a young adult straight single male, by default I've noticed this primarily with young women, but I've also noticed this amoung young guys too when I was bored.

Perhaps it is just my area.
The Greater Toronto Area is known for residents to be pretty cold or indifferent to strangers.
Perhaps I'm only noticing this because actractive people tend to draw more attention.

Or maybe I'm on to something...

Didn't read the thread, don't have to.

You're wrong.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
I can't imagine Capt Jack with "sweater puppies"....Just sayin. And you sound alittle bitter for some reason. Or maybe it's just me.
Nah..i get frustrated sometimes with life in the civillian world but I give props to the game and play it as it must be played. And I aint ugly. I used to be nerdy and dress like a bum but I spend about two hours in the gym each day and another 3 sessions of mma per week and I went shopping so me being a party loving introvert is not that much of a handicap any longer.

I know the capt is a dude..but hot women get stuff that the rest of us dont even dream of.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:38 AM

7 posts, read 13,745 times
An attractive person being too nice will be taken advantage of. Attractive people have to be a little standoffish so as to not be hounded all day long.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:45 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,434,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
This is a trend that I think I just noticed.

Most very attractive people (young adults in particular) seem to have a near-permanent stone-faced expression on their face in public. They either never say anything or never say much and come across to me as very-unfriendly.

Being a young adult straight single male, by default I've noticed this primarily with young women, but I've also noticed this amoung young guys too when I was bored.

Perhaps it is just my area.
The Greater Toronto Area is known for residents to be pretty cold or indifferent to strangers.
Perhaps I'm only noticing this because actractive people tend to draw more attention.

Or maybe I'm on to something...

In public yes I see where you are coming from. Strangers are just that and some of them are in fact strange.
You will find when around friends and family, those same people you refer to are often sociable and bubbly and a totally different person than when around strangers. Not rocket science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships