Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 10:34 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times

Advertisements

Seriously you have no respect for people's privacy do you. You shouldn't be blabbing that information to everybody. Your parents shouldn't have told you either. That is so unethical. People's mental illness is serious business and should be private.

So what if weed is natural? It was legalized in Britain for a while and mental illness shot through the freakin roof. So there was some correlation and causation. When it was criminalized again the mental illness rate went way down.

And smoking can cause lung cancer like you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
No, weed is not dangerous. Weed is a naturally occurring plant and has no negative effects on the body. Smoking weed can cause lung damage, but weed itself is not harmful at all. Of course, smoking 5-6 times per day isn't going to do your mind any favors, but then again neither would drinking all day long either.

Do I have to define psychiatrist for you? It's a person who diagnoses mental disorders and deals with problems of the mind

And no it's not privileged information, it's given to the parents, and since my family was good friends with him, we found out through his parents what was going on. It's not like he didn't tell me himself, too, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 12:13 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,682,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You are a disgrace for not helping him.

If he was such a good friend why did you let him go to waste?

I really dislike the selfish and arrogant attitude most college people have. It disgusts me.
I'm surprised to be sticking up for JLB but in fairness I have found I can HELP people but I can't SAVE them.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:16 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,639,095 times
Yeah you can't save people from themselves, I'm sorry that's just not possible. And Artsy, I haven't given this guy's name or ruined his privacy or anything along those lines. Stop being such a little drama queen, sheesh.

And weed being legal or illegal makes no difference, it's very easy to get ahold of. Nobody is going to stop smoking weed because it's illegal, haha.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:18 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,682,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
No, weed is not dangerous. Weed is a naturally occurring plant and has no negative effects on the body. Smoking weed can cause lung damage, but weed itself is not harmful at all. Of course, smoking 5-6 times per day isn't going to do your mind any favors, but then again neither would drinking all day long either.
It is dangerous and it's not like the 60's. In some cases now the THC content is dozens of times higher than back in the hippy days and it's a lethal, mind affecting drug. It kills the neural pathways in your brain and is a lethal carcinogen that infects your lungs and the rest of your body.

It isn't a casual drug.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:32 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,639,095 times
haha, riiiight. That's really not accurate, that's just drug scare tactics that polite society would like to you believe. I've done my research, thanks to this friend, and my friend in med school has done his research too, nobody who has really believes that. It's like when people say that today's absinthe contains much lower thujone content than it did 200 years ago. They've done tests on bottles that old, the content today is no different, in general. Weed is not a dangerous drug, it's probably the only drug that should be immediately legalized. It's already legal for medical uses, and it's not a big deal, has no negative side effects for most people.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:49 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,871,660 times
Quote:
Has there been an event in your life that changed your outlook?
There's been only one "event", and that was accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships