Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 04:55 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,171,437 times

Advertisements

There is nothing wrong with admiring beauty and grace.
As long as you aren't putting anyone in an uncomfortable situation by doing anything more than that.
Including yourself.
There are women who can walk in a room and cause all conversation to cease.
As long as it's in admiration and respect, I don't see anything wrong with acknowledging the beauty and presence of such a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 06:02 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
Come to think of it, there's nothing wrong with having a crush on someone, married or single as long as it remains just a crush. I have a crush on a few ladies on here but that's where it ends.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:14 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,889 times
oh just roll with it! as mrstewart pointed out, as humans we admire beauty. Sounds like this lady has set the bar rather high - nothing wrong with that - and you can start searching for a comparable available woman. Who knows - maybe she has a friend or sister......

Old 12-09-2008, 06:17 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Before you all who adhere to the sanctity of marriage line up to stone me, hear me out.

A few times this year, a friend of mine has invited me to his church. The first time I went, I spotted a very lovely lady. Pretty face, nice body.

OK, so now you guys really wanna burn me at the stake, don't you? I have a crush on a married woman and I looked at her body at church!!!!!

Well, it's not what you think. I wasn't sitting there with saliva drooping from my lips with lustful thoughts.

There are some rare, unique women who combine physical beauty with inner beauty, and that inner beauty shines out so strongly that it just stuns the men who see them. Well, consider me stunned.

This woman just got married this past summer, and in fact, my first visit to my friend's church was the week after her wedding. Every week I've gone, I see her spending a lot of time with children, helping them take their seats, caressing the hair of the young girls, and she also serves as a Sunday School teacher.

I was amazed by this woman's gracefulness, her lovely demeanor, her gracious aura. Now, did her physical beauty play no role in me taking a look at her when she wasn't looking? Of course it did. But any strip bar in any American city has women who have physical goods to make a man want to look, face and body... but none would ever have this woman's glow.

My friend said, "Sprawling, she just got married last week. You should've come here a few months ago, who knows?"

Since then I've visited a few times and every time I attend and see her, I quietly admire this uncommon combination of physical and inner beauty. Her husband, who also works at this church and seems like a very humble man, is a lucky man indeed.

This really seems to be bothering you. You might think it's a crush but it could be that you just really admire this woman.
My husband has a cousin that yes, he's good looking and the 1st few times I met him I had a crush but over time I realized he's also a wonderful person. I admire him as a person.
We both just truly like each other as people.....it's ok.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:09 AM

485 posts, read 1,314,288 times
This sounds familiar!

Old 12-09-2008, 07:17 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
There is nothing wrong with admiring someone and crushing someone. I get crushes sometimes and I'm married. I'm not going up to these people and hanging out but I do develop an admiration from afar sometimes.
Exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself. We are only human just FYI....it's totally natural. If I didn't "admire" other men I'd be worried about myself Same goes for my man....if he didn't admire other good looking women i'd be a bit scared to be honest w/ya.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:30 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,656 times
No big deal,Im an adult and can have a crush on someone who is married..
And leave it at that.You cant really help notice someone who is heart-breaking
Beautiful,even in Church

Old 12-09-2008, 07:44 AM

727 posts, read 1,891,564 times
I've totally been in a similar situation before!!!
A girl I used to work with....I kinda fell in love with her. She had the looks,personality and carried herself well!! I never had sex with her or anything but it was emotional adultery. We would go out to lunch alot! She told me basically told me her whole situation. If she saw me with another woman she'd be jealous and visa versa. It was a full out emotional relationship for around two years. Come to find out she had me/another fling and ofcourse her husband. She end up having a baby by her fling and getting a divorce. I ended up getting a different job and we lost touch. I saw her recently and we exchanged numbers but it just won't work now. If she'd cheat on her ex-husband not only physically but emotionally, she'd do the same to me! Long story short........I'd push that adoration for her to the side!! Its nothing but trouble! Its not a day that goes by that I don't pray for forgiveness!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:02 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
What happened to that woman you were starting a relationship with? Why don't you obsess on her? It's a little more healthy.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:05 AM

462 posts, read 968,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Before you all who adhere to the sanctity of marriage line up to stone me, hear me out.

A few times this year, a friend of mine has invited me to his church. The first time I went, I spotted a very lovely lady. Pretty face, nice body.

OK, so now you guys really wanna burn me at the stake, don't you? I have a crush on a married woman and I looked at her body at church!!!!!

Well, it's not what you think. I wasn't sitting there with saliva drooping from my lips with lustful thoughts.

There are some rare, unique women who combine physical beauty with inner beauty, and that inner beauty shines out so strongly that it just stuns the men who see them. Well, consider me stunned.

This woman just got married this past summer, and in fact, my first visit to my friend's church was the week after her wedding. Every week I've gone, I see her spending a lot of time with children, helping them take their seats, caressing the hair of the young girls, and she also serves as a Sunday School teacher.

I was amazed by this woman's gracefulness, her lovely demeanor, her gracious aura. Now, did her physical beauty play no role in me taking a look at her when she wasn't looking? Of course it did. But any strip bar in any American city has women who have physical goods to make a man want to look, face and body... but none would ever have this woman's glow.

My friend said, "Sprawling, she just got married last week. You should've come here a few months ago, who knows?"

Since then I've visited a few times and every time I attend and see her, I quietly admire this uncommon combination of physical and inner beauty. Her husband, who also works at this church and seems like a very humble man, is a lucky man indeed.
I understand where you are coming from. Occasionally we come across someone that for one reason or another is captivating to us. When I see a man playing with kids & tossing them in the air making them laugh or comforting a child when they get hurt... that speaks volumes to me.

She could be an angel.... whatever it is, there is nothing wrong with admiring someone from afar... as long as it is innocent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships