Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 02:32 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,695,020 times

Advertisements

And I'm kind of a stickler about my hair being touched. (by anyone other than my hairdresser!)
It just doesn't feel good to me. I have nice, shoulder length thick hair, and one guy would rub the back of my hair as if he were petting a dog. Not only did it ruin my hairstyle (making it all smooth when I had it curly) It made me cringe!! I tried to be nice and just kind of slink away from his hand, and luckily he would stop.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:32 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
UGH!! That always drove me crazy!! I was at the grocery once and a woman came up to me and just started rubbing my stomach! Then she said "Your stomach is getting so big" and I replied "My breasts are too, but please tell me you are not going to rub them!"

People need boundaries!!
That is absolutely hilarious. Too bad we are past all of that or we could steal it. Only ten or so years to grandchildren though.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:33 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,255,736 times
Yuck!! I don't want my feet or ears touched! And I won't touch them either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
I hate feet... touching them or having mine touched. Ick.

I also can't stand someone touching the front of my neck - I guess it makes me feel like I'm getting ready to be strangled. I don't even wear turtlenecks for that matter.

I'm not the touchy-feely type, and I'm pretty good at putting that vibe out there. But I once had a co-worker who would come up behind me in my cubicle and start massaging my shoulders and neck. It made me want to crawl out of my skin. Especially since I had only been working there a week or two when that started.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:38 PM

sure, but you made your point at least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
No only some of the groceries. Still it was pretty childish.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
You are funny

Quote:
UGH!! That always drove me crazy!! I was at the grocery once and a woman came up to me and just started rubbing my stomach! Then she said "Your stomach is getting so big" and I replied "My breasts are too, but please tell me you are not going to rub them!"

People need boundaries!!

Old 12-16-2008, 02:41 PM

nice to know I'm not the only one with the ears thing! touching or kissing or heaven forbid lick my ears! UGHHHHHHHHHH!!
I have scars on my feet from bunion surgery, they don't bother me,and I actually kind of like my battle scars, but I'm not a fan of feet either. I'm not repulsed by feet, I just don't make an effort to pay attention to them when I'm with someone.

Quote:
Yuck!! I don't want my feet or ears touched! And I won't touch them either!

Old 12-16-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
nice to know I'm not the only one with the ears thing! touching or kissing or heaven forbid lick my ears! UGHHHHHHHHHH!!
I have scars on my feet from bunion surgery, they don't bother me,and I actually kind of like my battle scars, but I'm not a fan of feet either. I'm not repulsed by feet, I just don't make an effort to pay attention to them when I'm with someone.
Ears are so ugly!!!

You are definitely not alone

Old 12-16-2008, 02:52 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,432,932 times
Not even the earlobes? As long as they're not the kind that go straight into the body, I think clean earlobes are kind nice. They have to have that curve, though.

I don't like things touching my neck, so I can't wear turtlenecks or necklaces. I have made peace with scarves when it's wicked cold outside. If anyone other than my munchkins tried to touch the front of my neck, I'd probably kick them.

The worst is when people touch me, anywhere, when I'm trying to eat. I hate it!

Old 12-16-2008, 02:53 PM

462 posts, read 968,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Other than by my wife or my children, I do not much like to be touched at all. My wife's family is very huggy and touchy - it took some getting used to. Even when our minster gently pinches my shoulder or pats my back, I flinch initially. I do not think that I could stand a massage by a stranger. Maybe I would get comfortable with it after a while, but at first it woudl be awful.

I guess it is becuase our family never touched each other much (except maybe with a fist) when we were growing up.

It was really strange to me when I first met my wifes parents and they came running up and hugged me (we had been dating all of three weeks). I could not help but flinch.

Now after 20 years of endless hugging, I enjoy it with people that I have a comfort level, but I still flinch at times whenver a stranger touches me. I am ok with shaking hands, but more intimate contact with strangers always stirs an initial negative reaction for me. If someone sits next to me on an airplane or bus and touches me, I always move a tiny bit away (yes CPG, even if it is a hottie). I know that it may be taken as rude, but it makes me uncomfortable. I think that Italy would be miserable for me.

It is really sad. THe first time that I hugged my mother that i can remember I think that I was over 30. I am determined not to raise my children that way.

Funny thing is our family is very touchy and huggy. We often lie in a big pile on the parlor floor everyone resting on someone else and watch Television. Within our family we are very comfortable touching. Outside of it, nto so much for me anyway. Hopefully the kids do not have this problem. My wife certainly does not, she hugs everyone.
My family has always been huggy touchy & we have all raised our kids that way! I hug my friends! Heck I hug people at the race track... I have actually had men get jealous because of me hugging people. Thats just who I am.

I can't think of a place on my body that makes me cringe if someone touches it - well except my fat roll... lmaoooooooooo

Old 12-16-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
Not even the earlobes? As long as they're not the kind that go straight into the body, I think clean earlobes are kind nice. They have to have that curve, though.

I don't like things touching my neck, so I can't wear turtlenecks or necklaces. I have made peace with scarves when it's wicked cold outside. If anyone other than my munchkins tried to touch the front of my neck, I'd probably kick them.

The worst is when people touch me, anywhere, when I'm trying to eat. I hate it!
Any part of the ear!!! Yuck!

You sound like my dog...he freaks out when anyone touches him or brushes up against him when he is eating...are you food aggressive too???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships