Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 06:27 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Oh come on!
Don't know about you, but I'm very proud to be an American and enjoy the freedoms that I do.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
HOA's can have some rather stirct (and sometimes ridiculous) rules, but they can't have you arrested for what you hang in your window. They'll fine you and make trouble for you, maybe even put a lien on your house, but arrested? Not in America YET.
You're being delusional. Don't you see all your rights going down the drain one after another...?!

Old 01-01-2009, 06:32 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
Don't know about you, but I'm very proud to be an American and enjoy the freedoms that I do.
Yeah well I'm very proud to be a Brit and I am bored to death of this 'my country is better than your country' stuff. Be proud to be American, but no need to put down other places ya know? All countries have good things and bad things - I am equally happy living in either country..... Although I strugle with the weather here, and sadly occassionally the superiority complex of some Americans. Thankfully most people I know personally do not do this.
Oh, and if anything Brits have MORE freedom than Americans.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:32 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,869 times
Yes I do know what it is like and lots of people remember the good old Police Force !!! of when they lived in the UK x amount of years ago. Things have certainly changed - for the worse unfortunately.
Lots of people look at you and think why should she/ he be better off than me
and thats when the petty problems begin.
Stand your ground

Old 01-01-2009, 06:33 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Quote:
Dang I 'm glad I don't live in England - In America we can fly anything in our front windows we damn well please
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Unless you live in an HOA. I which case, this home that I saw recently would not be permitted (click to enlarge)
Quote:
HOA's can have some rather stirct (and sometimes ridiculous) rules, but they can't have you arrested for what you hang in your window. They'll fine you and make trouble for you, maybe even put a lien on your house, but arrested? Not in America.
You didn't say arrested in your first post. You said that you can fly anything that you please in your front windows. But you are correct with your clarification, they could not be arrested, just required to remove it through due process.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:34 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
I fly an American Flag but much of the time i fly a Confederate Flag too.....................

I was born in Biloxi,MS................

Old 01-01-2009, 06:36 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I fly an American Flag but much of the time i fly a Confederate Flag too.....................

I was born in Biloxi,MS................
I have a Jolly Roger flying at our house on the Bay...

Old 01-01-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Yeah well I'm very proud to be a Brit and I am bored to death of this 'my country is better than your country' stuff. Be proud to be American, but no need to put down other places ya know? All countries have good things and bad things - I am equally happy living in either country..... Although I strugle with the weather here, and sadly occassionally the superiority complex of some Americans. Thankfully most people I know personally do not do this.
Oh, and if anything Brits have MORE freedom than Americans.
Brits might have had more freedom - once - but not anymore

Old 01-01-2009, 06:42 PM

Read the clip about the "Golly" in the window - glad I am not in the UK have one in my car.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:44 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Brits might have had more freedom - once - but not anymore
I don't buy it. Sorry. I live in the US and it's similar if not more restrictive than the UK. What is with all this UK bashing anyway? Is there some point to it that I'm missing - or is it just a case of the 'I am better than you's'? RA does enough of this on the UK forum - now it's here. This, btw is one of the reasons that some foreigners think that some Americans are so arrogant - they seem well able to see everyone else's faults, but not their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships