Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:45 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

The "tough" factor in Italian women, I can find that in women of other ethnicities. I can speak as an African-American male, I can find this same "tough" factor among some African-American women too. I found it in southen White women too. This isn't limited to Italians.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:07 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Lots of Italian women here in NYC. They are very stuck up, so yeah they are tough set. They got nice butts though.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:46 PM

72 posts, read 112,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
So questo. .....generalizations riguardante un grande gruppo di persone mi disgusta appena
Se ma guarda che gli italiano meritano i problemi e la reputazione che hanno...hanno un governo schifoso...non dicono mai la vertità..sono finti come che, Vivo in Italia e non vedo L'ora da scappare.... Ci sono persone oneste e per bene ? Senza dubbio...ma ragazzi miei a volte le vecchie dette non mentono !!!

Old 12-12-2013, 03:47 PM

n/a posts
an italian woman once called me the n word.

she was all like "i'm italian, i can say what i want...n..."

Old 08-21-2018, 12:51 PM

60 posts, read 95,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Let's see, I've been there about 10 times and even lived in Europe for a couple of years. In reality, Italian women in Italy are not tough and not butch. Overall, they are on the thin side, refined and well-dressed. It is the Italian-American woman that we speak of. Remember, the immigrants are those that HAD to leave for economic conditions after Italy was pummeled in the World Wars. Those ladies tended to grow up in lower-middle class areas of NY, NJ, PA and CT...and their counterparts were Guidos. Is it any wonder you get the "yo" factor in some of those women here in the states. Similarly, the working class Italian-American male who lives at the gym (open shirt, chains, "yo") is kind of a joke to Italian men in Italy...they find them laughable. The typical dumb American girl, on the other hand, thinks it's cool, and might even think the Italian male in Italy isn't as masculine as his counterpart on the other side of the ocean. So, yeah, the stereotype we speak of is the overweight Italian matron from Brooklyn, Queens or South Philadelphia who is brassy and resilient because she grew up on some "mean streets." Also, we've all heard the ancient joke which no longer applies: "What's the difference between an Italian woman and an elephant? Fifty pounds and a black dress." It might apply to Italian grandmas here, but it is not in evidence in Europe.

I see you equate tallness and thinness with femininity. So typical. To me, though, it sounds more like you are describing a male. Hmmm, makes me wonder about you... I guess you just can't handle a woman who is short with feminine curves.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Ewww please go take a very cold shower

Were you "ewwwing" because of the physical qualities that that person found attractive in a female or because that person said "ummm ummm ummm"?

Old 08-21-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Nice funnymann.....thx

None of the women in my family are overweight or short....i'm 5'5"...my mom is 5'8" and thin....very attractive and even my nanny is gorgeous for her age....The steroetypes in here are so funny to me......mostly bcs they're not true lol. sry guys nice try though

Why do so many people still equate not thin with being overweight? I don't see in such black-and-white terms. Also, what's wrong with a woman being short? I think most guys look for a female partner that is shorter than them, whether they'll admit to it or not.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I had a boss who was an Italian woman and she was incredibly bossy and pretentious, and she dressed quite provocatively, being short she needed to compensate and showed her nipples (napoleonic complex, absolutely).
When she came back in the back office from reunions with higher executives, she was always complaining that some of them were looking at her boobs! why was she showing them for, then?
And I overheard her telling a colleague : "tell that Dick to [do this or that]"..."that dick" instead of my name...very pleasant indeed!
I find that it's usually the tall females that feel they need to compensate. The short ones just aren't afraid to show off their curves, not that it's easy for them to conceal them compared to the tall, rail-thin ones.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:21 PM

1,201 posts, read 803,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfour View Post
My MIL is one tough lady. Short Italian lady with a Napoleon complex. The lady has bigger cajones than most men. There is no reasoning with her. Nice enough lady, but look out.

Unfortunately my wife has some of these tendencies also.

Is this a common trait in Italian women?
Yes.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:37 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
This old thread should not have been resurrected. Please read the Relationships forum rules in the Sticky thread. Threads about race, ethnicity, height and/or weight are no longer permitted. Please do not make sweeping generalizations about any group of people. It's just wrong. Thread closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.