Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 01:22 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,259,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
YEAH we are. You got a problem with that?
Oh, I knew it!LOL........ We got a live one here peeps!LOL.......

Old 07-05-2010, 01:30 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,213,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hahaha...tell me really how you really feel.
lol, I could go on. And the gem that resurrected this thread with the fat, short, mourning dress has a virtual wet sock slap coming her way.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:43 PM

483 posts, read 556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post
My MIL is one tough lady. Short Italian lady with a Napoleon complex. The lady has bigger cajones than most men. There is no reasoning with her. Nice enough lady, but look out.

Unfortunately my wife has some of these tendencies also.

Is this a common trait in Italian women?
If your MIL can cook, that may more than make up for it. I grew up in an Italian family with 3 older sisters who were all SCORPIOS . You want to talk about cursed.. None of them can cook. So, now I pity their husbands.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:16 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,096,150 times
Quote:
My MIL is one tough lady. Short Italian lady with a Napoleon complex. The lady has bigger cajones than most men. There is no reasoning with her. Nice enough lady, but look out.

My boyfriend blames my hot latina blood for my temper,
he leaves out the italian and french side of me ...lol
He knows best

Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,126,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo99 View Post
I'm Italian American woman but grew up in Dallas all my life so I wasn't around all the '"jersey" girls. I have family up in the new england area (that's where we are from) but nevertheless, was not around all that. Even being Italian and living in the south, I still have the typical characteristics of Italian women. Loud, confident, bossy, etc.,except I'm 5'8", thin, and love color. I am working on some of the hurtful ways of my personality/upbringing for my husband, but when it comes down to it, it's part of me. It's like in my blood. Most of the time I can tell when I am being the 'typical Italian woman' but when I'm feeling that way it's like I don't care and I can't help it. Sad excuse but just being honest. I love myself (confidence) but do feel bad if I'm so mean it's hurtful. It takes a lot in me to apologize but I will at some point, most of the time! All I can say is YOU GOTTA LOVE US!
You can help it, you choose NOT to. I hate when people point out their faults and then try to justify it with "it's part of me, it's who I am and turn around and say I don't care/I can't help it. That's hogwash What's more ridiculous is the part where you state it takes a lot in me to apologize but you will at some point. Wow, total lack of respect right there You would not be my ideal choice of a woman, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
You bet we are! Not only tough but we are very smart too! Can not pull anything over on us! We can always outsmart you!
You just haven't met your match.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:27 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,358,820 times
Interestingly enough, I am 6'2" and I have a short man complex!
I get picked on a lot by bigger and taller people.

(Okay I've added at least 2 inches to my height. I'd be lucky to hit an even 6.)

Old 07-08-2010, 04:01 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,172,271 times
Quote:

lol...ayiyiyiyi.....some italian women can be that way but it doesn't mean all italian women are that way. The Italian women I know are very loving and accomodating, they love to take care of their men and those traits pass down from generation to generation. Every italian family is different thus, every italian women will have different traits....capice?

Good luck with that one though.....wheewww

Old 11-18-2010, 05:52 AM

1 posts, read 2,349 times
The vendettas demonstrated here against Italian women are sickening. Whether it be because of sour personal experiences or pure stupidity, there is never an excusable reason for generally portraying any ethnicity (especially females of that ethnicity) in the ways that some of these contributors have.The arbitrary description of Italian American immigration is inherently condescending and spiteful, thus making it worthless. Hatred teaches nothing of value, so you'll take nothing from this forum.

No matter the race, domestic hardship and opportunity in America has always been the main reason for immigration.

Fellow Italian Americans, don't exercise your freedom of speech so whimsically. Ladies, it may be cute that you're bossy and couldn't care less what others think, but it's not "in your blood". If it is, so is self restraint.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:21 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,307,011 times
I only know one and yes she is tough, but she's also selfish, demanding, thinks shes always right and is pretty high maintenance. How bad*ss are you really when you can't leave the house without perfect makeup and hair?

Even though she thinks so, I don't think it has anything to do with her bieng Italian, though.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:51 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,096,150 times
Quote:

Im Spanish, Italian and french..When I get mad..watch out...Im a terror...and thats my good quality...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships