Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2009, 02:46 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
There is nothing wrong with looking at women or men. It's the rude lingering stares that I think creme is talking about. Checking someone out and looking back a time or two is not a problem. I myself like looking at beautiful people and beautiful bodies and admiring them. It's the long, inappropriate and lingering stares that are rude and obnoxious. Most people with common sense know the difference.

It's also extremely rude when someone else's spouse or significant other is staring at you and won't let up. It's ok to look a few times, but to sit and drool and make "damn" or "oh my god" comments when your with your spouse is not. I feel so sorry for the women when their men do this.
I agree 100%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 02:47 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,709,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
One of my girlfriends and I, well, first let me rewind a little
I had to have a professional come to the home for some minor repairs..

He was very nice, professional and all that, but the one thing that always makes my skin crawl, is when your talking to a man, he his eyes, go directly to your chest, and he never focuses his eyes on you, but is constantly going to your chest with his eyes....ewwwwwww

ONe man I knew who did this, told me he was fired b/c the women complained about it, and I told him, you do, and it's very uncomforable for a woman...and I don't believe you even know you do it....

it is a disgusting habit...on the part of some men, and as I said, I don't even believe they realize they are doing it????

What's your take?

Creme
I haven't read all the thread so if it has been mentioned, oh well...What bothered me most about the wandering eye was when I had a boyfriend who would look at other women when I was with him. That bothered me the most. I felt unworthy, yet, I'd get second looks when I was not with him. Of course, he was a loser and I finally realized that so dropped him.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:49 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Default I probably have to turn in my man card

I guess I'm going to have to turn in my man card because I feel uncomfortable around women if their "goods" are on display. It's especially inappropriate in a work environment.

Don't get me wrong, I admire the female form. It takes too much effort to keep staring into her eyes or anywhere else but her chest for that matter.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:55 PM

968 posts, read 2,589,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I guess I'm going to have to turn in my man card because I feel uncomfortable around women if their "goods" are on display. It's especially inappropriate in a work environment.

Don't get me wrong, I admire the female form. It takes too much effort to keep staring into her eyes or anywhere else but her chest for that matter.

you just gotta rub one out before talking to them.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:58 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustedfilth View Post
you just gotta rub one out before talking to them.
LOL

Chowhound, any reason you feel that way?

Old 01-14-2009, 03:02 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
LOL

Chowhound, any reason you feel that way?
I don't know, I'm a shy guy.

I did have a couple of cocktails one time and turned around and my eyes were right at a womans chest level.

Judging by her smile, I guess she didn't mind.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:04 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,069,629 times
ok here are my experiences with staring.
One time in classroom a girl wore a shirt with a lot of clevage and she was presenting. She didn't care that I looked however some fat and ugly chick snapped her fingers. Really hard and loud so when I stopped and gave her the look she went "eh". Another time in Italy I was checking out the girl in a train near my cousin and she looked back but not the good look back. Like she wanted to fight me for staring at her breasts. Another time in Amsterdam I stared at this guy but not cause I admired him. His body and language were suggessting he wanted to fight or something so I had no idea what to do so i kept on staring and he kept on getting louder.
another time in vienna i stared at this girl than i stopped. my mom was across from me and she noticed and smiled at me. this girl than stared at me for the rest of the bus trip she was on(4stops). And I didn't want to stare back because of my momma. same city but this time in the train. there was this really hot girl wearing a short skirt and had it pointed to me. She then crossed her legs. I sneeked a peak and my mom.....again noticed.
I don't stare because I am a loser I stare because I am always horny!
I've been stared at i just have never known what to do. because it normally doesn't happen and when it does its because they think i look sad or cause they want to fightthese small women think they can take on a 220IB male.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:12 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,993,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
So let me bounce this off of you....

What about the woman at my campus who's 'sisters' bounce a few inches with every step?! I mean, it is hard to miss. I don't know much about support, but I am guessing it's the type of bra she uses, or maybe she just does not tighten that thing up? Were not talking just a little, I'm talking almost like slinkys (if you are old enough to remember those things).

I am not kidding folks, when waiting for co-workers to come down to the first floor for lunch, you have to wait and see everyone walking past you, and I don't care if you are a man and a woman, this is just too obvious. I see, but try to look away when she gets close. I think she's aware of it to, there is just something about her stride that makes me wonder.

But you know who the worse offenders are? Women! Yes, that's right, I've heard some women giggle to themselves about that, or make comments that I could hear.

I know the political correct answer is just to ignore it, but I'm real, not worried about political correctness most of the time.

Thoughts?
My thoughts? #1 reason why I love campus. There is always the well endowed hippy girl that doesn't want to wear a bra and just lets them swing and bounce all the way to her destination.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:22 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Crusted filth lmao. Love the name!! LOL

That is disgusting. They need to keep their eyes in their heads....I find it so disrespectful...I think they are perverts who keep doing that!
oh it is so disgusting blah blah blah....

ok so yes we should look into your eyes (also) but come on,a guy who is attracted to you and your attributes give him a break specially when a woman lets cleevage show.

I mean what is a guy to do>he is attracted to you and part of the reason he is is because of your curves and he gets damned because of it........

I swear,women ***** and moan when they don't have it yet ***** and moan when they do have it......

Guess what ladies,we are not ->only<- interested in your mind,but your body also.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:24 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
One of my girlfriends and I, well, first let me rewind a little
I had to have a professional come to the home for some minor repairs..

He was very nice, professional and all that, but the one thing that always makes my skin crawl, is when your talking to a man, he his eyes, go directly to your chest, and he never focuses his eyes on you, but is constantly going to your chest with his eyes....ewwwwwww

ONe man I knew who did this, told me he was fired b/c the women complained about it, and I told him, you do, and it's very uncomforable for a woman...and I don't believe you even know you do it....

it is a disgusting habit...on the part of some men, and as I said, I don't even believe they realize they are doing it????

What's your take?

Creme
I used to work for a creep like that. In fact, I don't think he ever even looked at my face. His eyes were glued to my chest - and I never wear anything cleavage baring or revealing to work! I wanted so badly to cut some eyes out of a magazine and tape them to my breasts so this moron could at least feel like he was looking me in the eye. The guy probably doesn't even realize I'm gone now because the scenery doesn't change - so long as your eyes remain only at chest level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships