Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 08:41 AM

457 posts, read 606,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
The majority of them are indeed taken. I've tried approaching them, they all have boyfriends or husbands.
I'll bet a lot of those are lying, perhaps because they don't favor the cold approach, perhaps other reasons. I don't think the Midwest is any worse for lack of single females than other regions. That said, it is difficult to cold approach around here, but the women I have cold approached are almost always polite, even if it may seem weird to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 09:23 AM

322 posts, read 505,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
I'll bet a lot of those are lying, perhaps because they don't favor the cold approach, perhaps other reasons. I don't think the Midwest is any worse for lack of single females than other regions. That said, it is difficult to cold approach around here, but the women I have cold approached are almost always polite, even if it may seem weird to them.
So many of them are rude here. After the last approach, I just stopped trying and began concentrating on me.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:44 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,366,993 times
Quote:
So many of them are rude here. After the last approach, I just stopped trying and began concentrating on me.
Good move.

I'm in East Valley AZ and I am finding it relatively easy to meet women. However, they are actually trying to meet me.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:53 AM

457 posts, read 606,303 times
Quote:
Are you being very direct? Perhaps it helps to initially be friendly and open to chatting to them as a person, not as a dating prospect. I have rarely been direct from the start (ie. I would ask them how they are doing, if they are in school, etc.). They are tired of men directly hitting on them, if you are starting conversation the way I am, I don't know what to say, maybe St. Louis women are just a bit more rude (or the ones you are talking to anyway).

Old 01-27-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
Are you being very direct? Perhaps it helps to initially be friendly and open to chatting to them as a person, not as a dating prospect. I have rarely been direct from the start (ie. I would ask them how they are doing, if they are in school, etc.). They are tired of men directly hitting on them, if you are starting conversation the way I am, I don't know what to say, maybe St. Louis women are just a bit more rude (or the ones you are talking to anyway).
Tried that and they were still mean to me. It's not even worth it anymore to be honest.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:25 PM

543 posts, read 535,039 times
Quote:
It is difficult. Most of the women here in the Midwest are taken.
That's pretty accurate. The prevailing attitude is to graduate high school, get knocked up at least once, get married. Not necessarily in that exact order.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:34 PM

61 posts, read 103,031 times
Depends on where you live. If you live in town or a rural area, then it would be hard to meet women because most have boyfriends or husbands. I live in the south, so it is common for majority of women to be taken. If they are single, they are not single for long. My cousin lives in California and he told me that there are a ton of single women there.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
That's pretty accurate. The prevailing attitude is to graduate high school, get knocked up at least once, get married. Not necessarily in that exact order.
Women do that now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships