Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:07 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fickle View Post
HaHa! You made me smile Thanks

I would really enjoy hair that didnt take an army of hairdressers and a few hours to flat iron it out.

I have finally have came to the realization that I have curly hair.. lol And there is nothing I can do about it.
You have goregous hair!!!

I have super curly hair (and LOVED it), but I get thermal reconditioning just to save time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 09:07 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,855 times
Im still the ugly duckling that slightly resembles the Quaker Oats man.

Quack quack.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:12 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
HaHa! You made me smile Thanks

I would really enjoy hair that didnt take an army of hairdressers and a few hours to flat iron it out.

I have finally have came to the realization that I have curly hair.. lol And there is nothing I can do about it.
No appreciation for good stuff, man! Why can't we do a swap, so I can give you my straight sticks I spend the same amount of time and energy on to curl! I recently discovered the flat iron for curling purposes. Surprisingly enough, it works better than a curling iron and makes spirals like yours. Let's have a "scalp each other" party and wear our trophies!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:33 AM

312 posts, read 1,018,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
No appreciation for good stuff, man! Why can't we do a swap, so I can give you my straight sticks I spend the same amount of time and energy on to curl! I recently discovered the flat iron for curling purposes. Surprisingly enough, it works better than a curling iron and makes spirals like yours. Let's have a "scalp each other" party and wear our trophies!
lol!

I will get my butcher knife ready!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:23 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I was just watching a commercial for High School Reunion on TV Land. There's a gal who was the nobody back then and went to the complete opposite as an adult; fake boobs, lots of make up, provocative clothing and an arrogant, "look at what you missed out on" attitude. To me, she is insecure. She would be nothing without all the outerware - and that is sad.

Were any of you the "ugly duckling" growing up? How did that turn out for you? How did it affect your relationships?
No, not an ugly duckling, but kind of a dork with braces and glasses! But those were temporary and only served to create the lovely swan you all see today! The braces came off, I have perfect teeth, and eventually I got contacts, and even after that I eventually had Lasik. So I have fairly perfect vision to go along with my perfect teeth!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:26 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,144,735 times
Growing up, I was usually the least attractive of my friends. My growth spurt didnt' kick in until I was around 16 or so. Now, most of the friends I grew up with are overweight, unfortunately. They didn't bother to take care of themselves as they reached adulthood. I started working out regularly after graduating from high school, and now I feel pretty good about myself. I still hang out with some of my high school friends and try to encourage them to take on a better lifestyle, but that usually just falls on deaf ears.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:42 AM

647 posts, read 2,083,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Growing up, I was usually the least attractive of my friends. My growth spurt didnt' kick in until I was around 16 or so. Now, most of the friends I grew up with are overweight, unfortunately. They didn't bother to take care of themselves as they reached adulthood. I started working out regularly after graduating from high school, and now I feel pretty good about myself. I still hang out with some of my high school friends and try to encourage them to take on a better lifestyle, but that usually just falls on deaf ears.
I have seen this same thing happen to many of my friends, i.e. not taking care of themselves, gaining weight, etc....and blaming it on, "I'm not young anymore" as a way to account for it.

I am of the belief that, to some extent, you can do something about your situation, whether you are an ugly duckling, weakling, or whatever. Even if I do have an ugly face, I can still do my part to remain healthy, fit, strong, or whatever.....

Old 02-09-2009, 10:48 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,004,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Im still the ugly duckling that slightly resembles the Quaker Oats man.

Quack quack.
That was hilarious!

I hope you aren't serious, because I'm over here cracking up.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:56 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,550,211 times
Quote:
Oh my
I was an ugly one.. as in .. my hair!
What a beautiful photo! You remind me of Nicole Kidman.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:59 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,541,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
It amazes me that thru the years teen girls have had such issues with self esteem. It's a shame and maybe more of a serious problem than we know.
This is why, when people bring up bullying and act like it's new thing, I roll my eyes and argue with them.

Parents can do damage in this area too.

I'm very careful on what I say to my nieces, nephews and soon Kali about their appearance. No matter what anybody else says, they will know that at least one person knows they're beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships