Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 08:34 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,683,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
+1...I noticed the same thing...sometimes single mothers are worse parents than deadbeat dads... If someone is going take credit for and expect praise for raising their kid as an afterthought to their own sexual desires, then I see no reason to glorify them above anyone else who isnt fulfilling their parental obligations by putting the welfare of their children first..

All irresponsible scum with poor choice in character judgment imo.
Exactly where does she suggest her child is coming in second? You guys keep inferring that just because she has a FWB on the side that she's automatically not putting her child first. Do you think she's dropping off her kid with a babysitter so she can meet up with her friend? Do you think she's sneaking him into the house while her son is asleep? I saw nothing in her statements to even suggest this. I bet if this were a single man doing this, you wouldn't object.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 09:05 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,255,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Exactly where does she suggest her child is coming in second? You guys keep inferring that just because she has a FWB on the side that she's automatically not putting her child first. Do you think she's dropping off her kid with a babysitter so she can meet up with her friend? Do you think she's sneaking him into the house while her son is asleep? I saw nothing in her statements to even suggest this. I bet if this were a single man doing this, you wouldn't object.

No, someone else suggested that children should not be put first. If I were with a single mother who did not put her child first, I would leave.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:17 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,470,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
No, someone else suggested that children should not be put first. If I were with a single mother who did not put her child first, I would leave.
So let me get this straight. A single mother who has a FWB is not putting her child first, but a single mother who dates a betamanlet is until she proves otherwise?

Old 02-02-2010, 09:20 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,255,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
So let me get this straight. A single mother who has a FWB is not putting her child first, but a single mother who dates a betamanlet is until she proves otherwise?

What kind of example is having FWB setting for the child?

How is her being a commitmentphobe benefitting her child?

Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:

Well it would be nice if you would answer the question without asking more questions.

At any rate, any relationship could potentially take focus off of the child. A serious relationship often takes more focus off of the child than a FWB situation.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:33 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,952,700 times
He's never answered questions since he came here ?

I don't think he knows. Maybe he's not tall enough to reach the shelf where mommy keeps her dictionary ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Well it would be nice if you would answer the question without asking more questions.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:40 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,198,831 times
Wow, what a mess this thread is. Although this betamanlet character chats loads of mumbo-jumbo crap, he does occasionally make some very valid points. But they are then overshadowed by the ridiculous point that he follows up with.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
He's never answered questions since he came here ?

I don't think he knows. Maybe he's not tall enough to reach the shelf where mommy keeps her dictionary ?
He probably answers questions with questions to try to get us to "think". Too bad he can't think of a way to support his assertions.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:51 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,683,342 times
Quote:
Actually, I believe it was you who suggested the poster who has a FWB is not putting her child first.

Quote:

How does having a FWB prove that she's a commitment phobe? Not everyone wants a serious relationship or has the time and energy for one. That doesn't automatically make them afraid of commitment. As for your question about what kind of example it sets for a child, you've obviously never dated a single parent. Every one that I've met knows how to keep their home life and their social life separate making your question irrelevant since a responsible mother wouldn't let her child know about the FWB. It sounds like you expect a mother to sacrifice everything for her child and not have a life of her own.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:18 AM

79,067 posts, read 61,211,077 times
My 2 cents on a single mom with FWB.

1) Better than a parade of boyfriends in and out of the kids life.
2) It's a great way to have kid #2 or #3 etc despite your best intentions, accidents happen.
3) Raising a kid by yourself is HARD, is the FWB preventing you from pursuing a more meaningful relationship? (If you are incapable of having a good relationship at the time and just keep hurting yourself and others it may not be a bad play, but watch out for #2) Basically, beware the FWB pitfalls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships