Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:09 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,223,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Unless he got past beer 5, he'd leave me alone if I didn't disturb him. If he got to beer 5, he'd come looking for a fight.

Everyone who knows us, except his mom, who has never approved of me, was stunned to find that it was him who left me not me who left him. When they heard we were getting divorced they assumed I'd left him. I got comments like "It's about time" from those close enough to witness what went on. Even my step son was shocked that it wasn't me who left. Sorry. It is what it is.

Supposedly, he hit rock bottom after we separated, had an epiphany that he'd never gotten past his ex's cheating on him and decided that he'd been taking it out on me (hence the public letter of appology, which was, in itself rather embarassing.). .
To be honest it sounds to me like the other woman is the least of the issues you have with this man.
If you are being honest with yourself and all the people in your life see it this way, then that is very telling and I can't imagine why you would stay with someone who punished you for his ex's sins, and came looking for a fight after drinking, anyway??

I do think that the public apology and effort he has made since show that his intentions are now good, but it sounds like you view the marriage as being over.
Kids survive divorce, especially if the parents can remain civil. I still think you need to make a decision. To me it seems like he was rotten, but is now making an effort. If you love him, you need to forgive him and move on, because if you don't he'll probably feel that his efforts aren't working, and maybe he'll revert back to his crappy behavior.
If you don't love him, then move on. You said you MAY be messing up your kids now, but a divorce DEFINITELY would. I would say the kids are DEFINITELY going to be affected either way. Kids are sharp as tacs and know exactly what is going on whether you discuss it with them or not.

So don't use the kids as an excuse for staying. You have to decide what to do for YOU.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:44 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
Closed per OP's request. Thanks for everyone's input.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships