Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 07:51 PM

493 posts, read 664,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans63 View Post
Yeah, I see your point. By the same token, I might add that men also appreciate when a women steps out of her comfort zone and goes straight for the horizontal tango. We see this as a sign of someone who doesn't take herself too seriously and likes to have fun -- not that the ones who don't do it aren't also fun. Cheers!
Well that's the root of the problem right there...practically everybody takes themselves and everything else waaay too goddamn seriously, as if them and their business is of cosmic importance or some crap like that. Pathetically common in American culture, and a lot of these broads and douche-bags like to hang out at the clubs on the weekend so they can strut and preen and generally be impossible. Trying to associate with these morons while they're busy trying desperately to be the coolest person in room is a recipe for "WTF?" as our hero the OP quickly realized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 01:11 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
They are probably guarded because of douche bag guys coming on to them.

Not rocket science really.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:16 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Seriously, you can only brush off so much slime before you start to preemptively back away from the potential oooze. If it's a concern, talk to the d-bags and convince them not to ruin it for everybody else.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,211 times
Default Hey, Cyanosphere...

...you mentioned women have always thrown themselves at you, so I think you have a inflated sense of your value to women. you basically need to cut yourself down to size with a few rejections to even things out. If you survive you'll start to see women as less intimidating and more accessible. Good luck.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:39 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujitsu View Post
...you mentioned women have always thrown themselves at you, so I think you have a inflated sense of your value to women. you basically need to cut yourself down to size with a few rejections to even things out. If you survive you'll start to see women as less intimidating and more accessible. Good luck.
I *think* that they only "threw" themselves at him when he had a job at a trendy womens clothing store at a mall. So I'd question whether or not they were actually interested in dating him, or just wanting him to give them his employee discount.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:24 AM

513 posts, read 1,581,016 times
Let's me give you some honest comments.

You're not good-looking enough. Or at least you're not good-looking enough in their eyes. Physical appearance is super important in the venues you went to. More important than all the honest, personality crap often spewed out by shallow women to make themselves look less shallow. Heck, it's even more important than money. Remember, it's a meat market, in meat market, only meat counts.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:55 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,986,719 times
2 reasons:
1. they might just be there to have fun with friends. a lot of young women try to look really good even in front of females.
or
2. they might have wised up realizing the kind of guy they would meet at a bar usually isnt the kind of guy you end up dating these days. i am friendly and will talk to a guy who is talking to me, but i know realisically even if he gets my number, he wont call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships