Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 10:47 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,480,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I'd prefer the kids not know dad is a cheating a**hole. That's just not something I'd promote. There are too many questions to answer if the kids meet and there's no reason for the kids to meet. They can grow up fine never knowing each other.
There's no reason for the kids to meet their siblings? Okay. Whatever.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:01 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,364,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
There's no reason for the kids to meet their siblings? Okay. Whatever.
Exactly....... perhaps the chance of them meeting and dating each other later in life must not cross their minds either..or how about their kids meeting and dating. Family should know each other atleast to prevent to breeding with each other. Did they not read the story about the twins getting married to each other?

Old 05-21-2009, 11:32 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,076,730 times
Actually in my family:

Sister marries.
Sister 7 years younger begins an affair with S1's husband at the age of 14.
Husband divorces S1 exactly 1 year after S1 has his baby.
Husband moves in with mother of both sisters, and S2.
Husband moves into apartment with S2.
Husband and S2 marry as soon as S2 turns 17.
Daughter from S1 is court ordered to visit father 6 weeks every summer.
Husband and S2 have two children (one 4 years younger than daughter with S1, the other 2 years later)
Daughter of S1 knows both boys as brothers and doesn't think of them as cousins at all.
S2 divorces husband (She is accused of cheating, big surprise.).
Both sons of S2 spend occasional weekends with S1 and daughter.

They are all adults now, and daughter of S1 is very close to sons of S2. HOWEVER, neither sister has spoken to the other for many, many years.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:45 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,524,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Exactly....... perhaps the chance of them meeting and dating each other later in life must not cross their minds either..or how about their kids meeting and dating. Family should know each other atleast to prevent to breeding with each other. Did they not read the story about the twins getting married to each other?
And the "other" child deserves to know the family medical history. Ya never know what may happen in the future. Sometimes even a half sibling can provide a bone marrow match.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:51 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,689,392 times
i dont know about the miss priss part, but otherwise YES!!!!

i think its a sneaky lil protective mechanism by the wife. she gets to deny anything happened and does not need to be accountable for taking her cheating husband back. no one needs to know.

the kids wont question it. and later on as adults when they ask why we they didnt meet their siblings she will say "i did it for your own good."

thats not healthy in the least.

if you take the husband back, you take him back BAGGAGE and all. that includes the kids. sorry to make it sound crude, but thats the reality.

or will he not be allowed to see his other kids also? will he be prohibitted from visiting them? the kids will ask questions. where is dad going. who is he buying that birthday present for?

one lie turns into another and another. it becomes a big ball of lies.

it is best to be open and honest. the kids will appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Why am I not surprised that Miss Priss would think that it's more important to play victim and pretend that innocent children don't exist as to not upset the balance and script of her perfect life?

And that she would lack the sensitivity to understand that the children are innocent by-standers?

Old 05-21-2009, 12:46 PM
YBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
And the "other" child deserves to know the family medical history. Ya never know what may happen in the future. Sometimes even a half sibling can provide a bone marrow match.
Yes very true!!!!

Old 05-21-2009, 02:45 PM

2,542 posts, read 3,749,208 times
I don't understand why siblings must be forced to interact with each other. Of course, it depends on the age of the children. If children from wife are big enough to understand what's going on, then they are old enough to absorb all the anger and sense of betrayal from their mother, and then some. They may choose not to have anything to do with the other kid and they have every right to do that. Not every kid would automatically have the curiousity to look for their siblings, same mother or not.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:55 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,806,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I don't understand why siblings must be forced to interact with each other. Of course, it depends on the age of the children. If children from wife are big enough to understand what's going on, then they are old enough to absorb all the anger and sense of betrayal from their mother, and then some. They may choose not to have anything to do with the other kid and they have every right to do that. Not every kid would automatically have the curiousity to look for their siblings, same mother or not.
I don't think anybody said they'd force the kids to interact.

Feelings of anger and betrayal can occur just from divorce, cheating or no cheating, child or no child. Allowing that bitterness and pain to bleed all over a kid is unhealthy. You don't have to be Mary Sunshine, but both parents owe it to their children to inflict as little damage as possible. "He started it" is no excuse.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:00 PM
YBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Ok what if the situation were different what if the father just recently found out he had a child that he didnt know about would you not want your kids to meet the 'other child" then? I mean come on the parents feelings should not be imposed on the children. What are they teaching their children that its ok to be childish when your feelings get hurt? Or would you rather the children be taught that life throws curve balls at you sometimes and rather than act like it doesnt exist step to the plate and handle the situation like an adult. Why would you really risk incest or a possible donor for your child in case of a serious illness just because your feelings got hurt. I mean really? What if it does matter to the child and the child acts out as an adult and stops speaking to both his parents over it I bet you would wish youd done differently then. The fact of the matter is you dont know what life may bring you so the best oyu can do is be honest and upfront and hope for the best..nothing good comes from lying.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:04 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,628,758 times
well for a starter i would stop calling him my hubby and start calling him my ex, my 1st 2 calls however would be to an attorney and a cab to remove me from the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships