Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:47 PM

445 posts, read 1,072,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
she lives about twenty miles away, so not far in the grand scheme.
20 miles??????????????? That's it? Uh, am I missing something here?
You haven't met yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 10:49 PM

445 posts, read 1,072,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
some of us often fall in love with someone that never existed or only lived in our head. the person on the other end of the wire or even across the starbucks table is an utter stranger.
love the great illusion.
Huckleberry, you are killing me with the Starbucks thing. Seems like every other post, there is a mention of Starbucks. LOL

Old 05-23-2009, 01:08 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,692,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I have been chatting online with this woman for almost a year now. But i think i'm developing a bit of a crush on her.

Is this dumb, since i don't know her properly? We haven't even met in real life, which makes it even dumber.

We chat almost every night, and she sends me lots of photos of her and her family. So she probably trusts me a lot.

Is there anything I should do? Or say? Or should I just leave it?
I moderated an internet messageboard not unlike this one, and posted regularly, making lots of acquaintances online via discussions. Some I met in person, some I never did. One fellow poster took an interest in talking to me, and we started chatting online and getting to know one another conversationally. We lived about 500 miles apart. After a few months of that level of interaction, we started talking on the phone occasionally...really enjoyed one another's company at that level. Was apparent from both ends that a crush was developing, but we were also both wary of a crush that was built on solely conversation, never having met face to face.

One day, he went out on a limb and asked me if I'd be interested in being his date to his brother's wedding, which was being held across the country from where each of us lived. Since I had friends in the city where the wedding was, and thus a built-in contingency plan if it was unfun or awkward or if there was no real attraction, I agreed to go. We met for the first time in an airport baggage claim area half a country away from our respective homes. Of his family, only his mom knew the truth, that we were meeting for the first time the weekend of the wedding, and she kept it discreetly under her hat. And we hit it off in person so well that everyone else assumed we'd been dating for a while.

Four months later, I moved to be with him, and we've been together for two years and are very happy, building a future together. He's the best person I know, and I'm glad he made a bold move and I took a chance.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:32 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,393,632 times
Well, last night, I told her about my crush.

She said she thought it was cute and felt flattered, but was not put off by it.

I really like her a lot though, but I don't want to badger her over this.

When will the crush feeling go away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships